Windows 10: the volume bar does not go away

Discus and support the volume bar does not go away in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so this has benn like this sice the beggining i think but i just noticed it now [ATTACH] and i it does not go away... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rodrigo_Rudy, Jul 16, 2019.

1. the volume bar does not go away

so this has benn like this sice the beggining i think but i just noticed it now
    the volume bar does not go away dbdc7fe1-2fe4-4434-a76a-cba12984fb63?upload=true.png
    and i it does not go away

:)

Rodrigo_Rudy, Jul 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 Volume bar missing

Hi,

Your concern regarding the missing volume bar when pressing the volume keys can be caused by a sudden change on your device configuration or corrupted/missing driver. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps provided on this support article on how to troubleshoot sound/audio
    problems in Windows. The article include steps on how to reinstall the audio driver to rule any adapter issues.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Volume bar banner

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how annoying it can be when you get the Volume bar banner, while playing music/video on Google Chrome.
    To have a clarity on this issue, we need some information.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Do you receive the same popup when you play music/videos on Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Do you have any extensions enabled in Google Chrome for playing music?
    • Which version of Google Chrome are you using?

However, we suggest you to try this steps and check if you are able to get rid of the banner.

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to open
      Settings.
    2. Then click on Systems. Then select
      Notifications & actions from the left pane.
    3. Then under Get notifications from these senders, toggle the switch for
      Audio to disable the Banner and Sound notifications.
    4. Close all the browser and reopen Google Chrome, to play some
      music/videos.
    5. Check if you get the Volume bar banner back.

As an additional information, please refer the
    Change notification settings in Windows 10
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Louie Del Win User

the volume bar does not go away

volume bar

Hi,

There are times that some shortcut icons from the taskbar may be not working properly due to corrupted system files. Regarding your concern with the Volume bar that doesn’t appear upon clicking the icon, may we know if there were
    updates or changes that made to your computer prior to the issue?

Also, we’d like to know the build and version
    of Windows 10 that’s installed on your device. To get this information, please type
    winver in the Search box from the Start.

In the meantime, we recommend that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. This tool is usually used to fix some issues that you’ll with the Volume Control. Go to
    Control Panel > Hardware and Sound >
    Hardware and Devices. Click on the troubleshooter and follow on-screen instructions.

Another troubleshooting step that you can try is performing an SFC
    (System File Checker) scan. It search for any corrupted system files and repair it automatically. Here are the steps:

• Type Command Prompt in the Search box from
      Start
    • Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter sfc /scannow and press Enter to execute the command.

Note: The scan may take around 10-15 minutes and wait for it to be completed.

Once you’re done with it, try to click again the volume icon and see if it will already allow you to adjust its volume from there.

We’ll wait for your update after trying the steps.

Louie Del, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

the volume bar does not go away

1. the volume bar does not go away - Similar Threads - volume bar does

2. Volume Slider Appearing and Won't Go Away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Slider Appearing and Won't Go Away: Hello, I am having an issue with Windows 11. The volume slider popup at the bottom of my screen will randomly appear, and I don't know how to get rid of it. This also comes with a few effects including my cursor disappearing when it's still, videos playing for a fraction of a...
  3. Volume Slider Appearing and Won't Go Away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume Slider Appearing and Won't Go Away: Hello, I am having an issue with Windows 11. The volume slider popup at the bottom of my screen will randomly appear, and I don't know how to get rid of it. This also comes with a few effects including my cursor disappearing when it's still, videos playing for a fraction of a...
  4. Store logo does not go away

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store logo does not go away: Store logo still showing for couple of minutes now and not showing the main page. I cant access it even I run reset and run the troubleshooter of Store. I'm just using this yesterday without problem....
  5. How do I make volume bar go away?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make volume bar go away?: This new volume bar with a massive pause and prev/next show up in groove music and I want to disable it it's so ****ing annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-volume-bar-go-away/b7c73f98-2c73-445e-8875-f8bc1f1a8963
  6. How do I make volume bar go away?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make volume bar go away?: This new volume bar with a massive pause and prev/next show up in groove music and I want to disable it it's so ****ing annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-volume-bar-go-away/b7c73f98-2c73-445e-8875-f8bc1f1a8963
  7. How do I make volume bar go away?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Media bar will not go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media bar will not go away: Hello, I've been trying to watch movies on my laptop but the gigantic media bar which shows volume and what you're playing next to it will not go away. Literally as its starting to fade away, it will immediately come back.It tends to happen during loud scenes which seems to...
  9. Sound bar that won't go away.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound bar that won't go away.: Several months ago I ran an update and ended up with a sound bar on the top left and middle of my screen. For months, I have been unplugging my mouse and keyboard as I restart my machine and magically this has worked, however, now it doesn't. I am not computer savvy,...
  10. start menu does not go away

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu does not go away: i click on the start icon and the start menu appears. i click on the tile for the program i want to use and the program opens, but the start menu does not go away (i have to click on it to make it go away). i think it used to disappear when the program opens. am i wrong? is...