Windows 10: The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened

Discus and support The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello to everyone. At the beginning I'd installed windows 10 with the legacy BIOS-MBR boot mode,but since I needed a Windows 10 installation that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ziomario, Sep 19, 2020.

1. ziomario Win User

The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened

Hello to everyone.

At the beginning I'd installed windows 10 with the legacy BIOS-MBR boot mode,but since I needed a Windows 10 installation that was able to boot using the EFI partition style,I have converted the partition scheme from MBR to UEFI with a tool and after this operation I have reinstalled Windows 10 from an old backup. This backup comes from the old BIOS/MBR installation of Windows 10. When I tried to boot Windows,I realized that it was not able to do that (no error message.but blinking cursor). I have so realized that the EFI partition didn't exist. So,I have created a new FAT32 partition and I have repaired the EFI partition following this guide :

How to Restore Deleted EFI System Partition in Windows 10? | Windows OS Hub

it worked,but only partially. Infact,since I need to put the "TESTSIGNING ON",when I gave this command :

Code:
    I've got this error :

The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.

I tried a lot of methods to fix it,but right now unsuccesfully. Can someone help me ? thanks.

:)

ziomario, Sep 19, 2020

2. Error: The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.

Am in windows 10 running adobe filling out a tax form and cannot save the forms document, nor e mail it. The message is as above.

The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid

Chip Holman

Williamholman, Sep 19, 2020
  3. ERROr: 0x800703EE the volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid

while trying to move my files to a DVD (formatted to be used as fash drive) this error arises:

0x800703EE the volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.

OS > Win 8.1 (64 Bit)

AlokTiwari2, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

Liezl Fal, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened - Similar Threads - volume file has

2. Trying to upload a video to YouTube: "The volume for a file has been externally altered so...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to upload a video to YouTube: "The volume for a file has been externally altered so...: I just uploaded a video file to my private YouTube channel and, as usual, all went well.Then I tried to upload a second file in the same format and received this error: "The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid."I can PLAY...
  3. Trying to upload a video to YouTube: "The volume for a file has been externally altered so...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to upload a video to YouTube: "The volume for a file has been externally altered so...: I just uploaded a video file to my private YouTube channel and, as usual, all went well.Then I tried to upload a second file in the same format and received this error: "The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid."I can PLAY...
  4. Trying to upload a video to YouTube: "The volume for a file has been externally altered so...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Altering Hosts file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Altering Hosts file: I am a new IT guy and I am trying to help with getting an employee connected to a website. In the past is has been simple to just alter the host file but now it keeps rejecting me saying that the file owner System requires admin permission. Thing is I am an admin and I can do...
  6. Volume won't alter when connected to bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume won't alter when connected to bluetooth: I have Phillips Bass+ headphones. Whenever I connect them to the laptop the volume automatically goes to 60. I can move the slider up and down but the volume doesn't change whether it's on 1 or 100. I've I'm watching something like netflix then I can alter the volume on the...
  7. The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The volume for a file has been...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The volume for a file has been...: Hello to everyone. At the beginning I'd installed windows 10 with the legacy BIOS-MBR boot mode,but since I needed a Windows 10 installation that was able to boot using the EFI partition style,I have converted the partition scheme from MBR to EFI with a tool and after this...
  8. cannot alter sound volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot alter sound volume: cannot alter sound volume and there is no question I can relate it to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-alter-sound-volume/3612b4d3-5f13-495b-be5a-1b94e8df969d
  9. "Your windows 8 Registry has been altered, please fix it!" error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Your windows 8 Registry has been altered, please fix it!" error: Hi Guys, I recently tried to install windows 10 on my iMac (installed directly from my windows 8.1 bootcamp partition). It took a very very long time to install, and when finished my monitor would flicker on and off every few seconds. When I typed in my password to...
  10. SERIOUS HELP NEEDED: How To Store Files So They Can't Altered?

in Windows 10 Support
    SERIOUS HELP NEEDED: How To Store Files So They Can't Altered?: Hey everyone, I'm sorry to be creating a thread about this, but this is a super worrying problem for me. This is my problem: I want to backup all of my work files and personal files and ebook files which are in the format of .PDF files. I was going to use an external...