Windows 10: The volume of my laptop is suddenly really loud

Discus and support The volume of my laptop is suddenly really loud in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I started up my laptop today and the volume was suddenly super loud. I didn't change anything, and the volume was fine yesterday. I also looked at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NotTotoWolfie95, Jan 24, 2021.

1. The volume of my laptop is suddenly really loud

I started up my laptop today and the volume was suddenly super loud. I didn't change anything, and the volume was fine yesterday. I also looked at the settings and everything was the same. I hope somebody can help. I use headphones, when they are plugged in the volume is really loud. But when the sound is on speakers it's normal.

submitted by /u/NotTotoWolfie95
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NotTotoWolfie95, Jan 24, 2021
  2. FaZe Tfue Win User

Volume is super loud

Hello everybody,

I am having a problem on my laptop. I have a Dell laptop and every time I put volume 2, it is as loud as volume 100. This is super weird and I couldn't fix it, so if anybody knows how to fix this annoying problem, please comment, I really need your help!

FaZe Tfue, Jan 24, 2021
  3. SUI
    Sui Win User
    Earphone volume too loud or too quiet on Windows 10

Hi I'm having a weird problem on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro. The earphone volume is either too loud or too quiet, and seems to switch between these two upon every restart. When it's too loud, keeping it at 1/100 is equivalent to 20-30/100 when sound was normal, when it's too quiet, keeping it at 100/100 is equivalent to 10-20/100 when sound was normal. Already googled extensively and tried pretty much every suggestion I found with no results:

• Enable/disable loudness equalization in playback device settings
    • Enable/disable Windows Sonic for headphones in playback device settings
    • Check for errors in sound devices in device manager - no errors
    • Update sound drivers - all updated
    • Try different earphones - tried like 4 already, definitely not an issue with earphones
    • Even tried system restore, still not fixed

Screenshot of device manager: https://i.stack.imgur.com/HKSzf.png

Does anyone know what else to try?

4. CateySun Win User

The volume of my laptop is suddenly really loud

Volume starts really loud and then quiets down a few seconds later

Say i have my volume set to 20, my laptop speakers start off really loud, say when I play music or watch videos, and then it eventually quiets down to the correct volume level. When I stop playing music/videos for a few seconds, and then start playing it
    again, the volume starts off really loud and then quiets down to the correct volume level.

I am not completely sure if this started after a windows update, or a Dell update, but I have tried the audio troubleshooter, and it tells me to turn off enhancements. I go to my sound settings but I cannot find an "enhancement" button anywhere. I also can't
    roll back the driver since that option is greyed out. My laptop speakers were fine before an update, but after that it went downhill. There is no problem when using headphones.

Also when I Skype my friends without using a headset, they say my voice gets loud and then quiet, and then back to normal again.

If anyone could please help me with this issue, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

CateySun, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

The volume of my laptop is suddenly really loud

1. The volume of my laptop is suddenly really loud - Similar Threads - volume laptop suddenly

2. My laptop suddenly turned really slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop suddenly turned really slow: I was just playing one of my games Hitman 3 when suddenly my fps dropped down to 3, I thought maybe my laptop might have been doing something in the background so I just waited it out. Eventually I just thought something might have gone wrong in the game so I tried restarting...
  3. My laptop suddenly turned really slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop suddenly turned really slow: I was just playing one of my games Hitman 3 when suddenly my fps dropped down to 3, I thought maybe my laptop might have been doing something in the background so I just waited it out. Eventually I just thought something might have gone wrong in the game so I tried restarting...
  4. My bluetooth headphones volume gets stuck and is really loud.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth headphones volume gets stuck and is really loud.: I've recently started using a new laptop that runs windows 11 and I use Galaxy Buds Pro for my headphones. I've had other bluetooth issues with my headphones like the audio randomly cutting in and out which I can solve by disconnecting and reconnecting my headphones. More...
  5. My bluetooth headphones volume gets stuck and is really loud.

My bluetooth headphones volume gets stuck and is really loud.: I've recently started using a new laptop that runs windows 11 and I use Galaxy Buds Pro for my headphones. I've had other bluetooth issues with my headphones like the audio randomly cutting in and out which I can solve by disconnecting and reconnecting my headphones. More...
  6. My PC Fans are really Loud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC Fans are really Loud: When I first got my pc my pc fans were running at a good pace. The sound was around 20-30 decibels when I wasn't playing a game. It went up when I was playing a game but that was fine because I knew it was normal. I've had it for about 2 years now and I've had problems with...
  7. My PC Fans are really Loud

My PC Fans are really Loud: When I first got my pc my pc fans were running at a good pace. The sound was around 20-30 decibels when I wasn't playing a game. It went up when I was playing a game but that was fine because I knew it was normal. I've had it for about 2 years now and I've had problems with...
  8. My PC Fans are really Loud

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My laptop is suddenly really slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is suddenly really slow: A few days ago I started up my computer in the morning as I always do,the boot process was slightly slower but I didn't really think about it.But logging in to my account after entering my password took about 20 minutes,it used to login in a few seconds.The process after...
  10. Laptop fan suddenly loud

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop fan suddenly loud: The cpu usage is only high for a short timeafter boot, it is definetely not hot, randomly yesterday it just started to became loud (fairly new laptop) Asus x541u.When i shut down the pc the fan still goes for a bit,any ideas?(it’s not dust) 103801