Windows 10: The wallpaper keeps turning black after the 2004 update

Discus and support The wallpaper keeps turning black after the 2004 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/typehint [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/typehint, May 31, 2020.

1. The wallpaper keeps turning black after the 2004 update

/u/typehint, May 31, 2020

2. Wallpaper turns black after logon

Just bought a new Samsung notebook with pre-installed Windows 10 Home (Creators Update).

A few seconds after I login, the desktop wallpaper turns black.

It happens every time I set the wallpaper logoff and logon.

I see no strange messages on Event Viewer.

mikhas rock, May 31, 2020
  3. Wallpaper turns black after logon

Set up your desktop the way you want it and save your current desktop as a theme. Make sure it replaces one of the existing themes. Themes save theme button.

OctavianQR, May 31, 2020
  4. Ṣmeed Win User
Thema:

The wallpaper keeps turning black after the 2004 update

1. The wallpaper keeps turning black after the 2004 update - Similar Threads - wallpaper keeps turning

2. Wallpaper keeps turning grey.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpaper keeps turning grey.: My Windows wallpaper keeps turning grey. I've checked the drivers for updates and they seem to be up to date. Couldn't find a fix anywhere.The chosen wallpaper will appear for a couple of seconds then turn grey as shown in screenshot....
  3. Windows Wallpaper Keeps Going Black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Wallpaper Keeps Going Black: Whenever I start up my desktop my wallpaper immediately goes black, I have researched many solutions and none of them seem to work. The only thing that I have found to help was to restart Windows Explorer in task manager but that only temporarily fixes it....
  4. Windows Wallpaper Keeps Going Black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Wallpaper Keeps Going Black: Whenever I start up my desktop my wallpaper immediately goes black, I have researched many solutions and none of them seem to work. The only thing that I have found to help was to restart Windows Explorer in task manager but that only temporarily fixes it....
  5. Domain users: Desktop Wallpaper turning black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Domain users: Desktop Wallpaper turning black.: hello,I am a system administrator for the company i work for. My boss wanted me to add a specific wallpaper for all the computers in our domain. So I activated and changed all the wallpapers with GPO. At the start everything seems to work fine. After a day or two some users...
  6. Wallpaper on second monitor turns black after logging in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wallpaper on second monitor turns black after logging in: Just fresh installed windows 10 yesterday, and now anytime I log into windows, the wallpaper on my second monitor is just a black background until I open start menu. I haven't even touched any settings settings since I restored it, how could this even happen? I've reinstalled...
  7. Black Screen after Update to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after Update to 2004: Just got a notification on my desktop today to upgrade from 1903 to 2004, and once the pc restarts the screen turns completely black. After restarting numerous times, switching outputs, switching monitors (and also trying dual displays), the screen just keeps staying...
  8. Black desktop with icons after updating to 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black desktop with icons after updating to 2004: When updating from 18363 to 19041 Windows 10 x64 and after reboot the desktop is black. I had this in June. I had this a few days back. Q: is this a known issue? Yes, I read about black screens-issues, but I don't know whether others are facing screens that are entirely...
  9. black screen after failed 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen after failed 2004 update: Attempted to install 2004 update from 1909 yesterday. Got stuck at 17% after reboot. I had to leave work and hoped the battery would last until I got home but it didn't. When I start my laptop I get the dell screen with the progress bar then goes to a black screen with a...
  10. Desktop wallpaper turns black after context menu delay

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop wallpaper turns black after context menu delay: Hi all, every time when I right-click the desktop, there is a 10 second delay before the context menu is shown. After the menu is visible my desktop wallpaper turns black when highlighting the desktop (black squares) or hovering over icons. Desktop wallpaper will return to...