Windows 10: The website is blocked by Windows Defender

Discus and support The website is blocked by Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My newly registered site is incorrectly flagged as a phishing site and blocked.VirusTotal scanning and Google Safe Browsing - Google Transparency... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by O_423 a, Mar 14, 2021.

1. O_423 a Win User

The website is blocked by Windows Defender

My newly registered site is incorrectly flagged as a phishing site and blocked.VirusTotal scanning and Google Safe Browsing - Google Transparency Report is negative.I reported at https://feedback.smartscreen.microsoft.com that this site does not contain any signs of a phishing attack. To date, the alert has not been removed. Please advise who to contact to remove warning from the site.

:)

O_423 a, Mar 14, 2021
  2. copiman Win User

How to Block Websites

I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps.
    How to block websites | PCWorld

Here is what happens when I perform step 6. I am the administrator by the way.

The website is blocked by Windows Defender [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to make this work?

copiman, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Mar 14, 2021
  4. copiman Win User

How to Block Websites

Sorry everyone but I have done everything suggested and it still does not block the website.

copiman, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

1. The website is blocked by Windows Defender - Similar Threads - website blocked Defender

2. Our website is blocked by Windows Defender. How do we fix it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Our website is blocked by Windows Defender. How do we fix it?: We have received numerous reports that windows users attempting to access our company's website muahack.com see a big red banner from Windows Defender alerting them that opening the website may not be safe.How can we request removal from this block list?...
  3. windows defender BLOCKING CERTAIN WEBSITES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender BLOCKING CERTAIN WEBSITES: hello;I HAVE AN HP Z440 WORKSTATION THAT AFTER THE LAST WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE IS BLOCKING CERTAIN GOOD WEBSITES SUCN AS ADOBE, ETC. HOW DO I FIX THIS?...
  4. Blocking Websites

Blocking Websites: I just need a way of communicating with a human being at Microsoft. 1 human being if possible. I've given up all hope of speaking with anyone I could understand. Email is the only way I can think of. It gives me the time to write, or respond to, any communication. I am 70...
  5. Windows Defender Blocking the Website

Windows Defender Blocking the Website: I am using one of the SaaS product and my company is URL is blocked by Microsoft Safelinks and Microsoft Defender. Though after whitelisted in safelinks, it flagged malicious by Defender....
  6. Website block

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Website block: Can you block websites without adim permissions? submitted by /u/Fforfamily [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jcuokc/website_block/
  7. blocking website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocking website: how to block website on internet explorer and google chrome? on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-website/6e2fe5e9-582b-4de8-ac74-ef1a698aa38b
  8. Windows is blocking a website

Windows is blocking a website: I have both a PC and a Surface Pro with Windows 10 but cannot view a specific website on just my PC. How can I get Windows 10 to allow this website on my PC?...
  9. Windows 10 blocking Websites?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 blocking Websites?: I have a new Dell laptop with windows 10 on it, Firefox and Kaspersky anti-virus. When I try to go to Hotmail (Outlook), it won't load at all. Netflix won't load and says I don't have a secure connection. Facebook gives me a partially loaded news feed (can't click on...
  10. block websites

in Windows 10 Support
    block websites: hello. i have an annoying set of websites showing ads popping up each time I visit a specific page. now i have already got the extensions 'ad block' and 'ad block plus' running in the background but on these websites it does not seem to pick up on anything. i have added the...