Windows 10: the wi-fi network disconnects

Discus and support the wi-fi network disconnects in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 laptop and I am facing an issue in which the wifi automatically disconnects while I am working. I have to troubleshoot in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ANSH TRIVEDI, Jan 29, 2021.

1. the wi-fi network disconnects

I have a windows 10 laptop and I am facing an issue in which the wifi automatically disconnects while I am working. I have to troubleshoot in the network & internet settings and then it reconnects. Earlier I thought that maybe I am away from the router so this might happen but when I sat near the router then also this problem is happening. Due to this I get disconnected from an ongoing meeting and I miss 2-3 essential minutes of the meeting. It happens 2-3 times a day. pls help, I am facing problems due to this.

thanks.

:)

ANSH TRIVEDI, Jan 29, 2021

2. Wi-Fi disconnect

Windows doesn't disconnect a properly working WiFi. Mine NEVER disconnects since the last time I restarted my computer. I suggest to check for near-by WiFi radios to see if your channel is too crowded or if all the channels are crowded, just switch to 5 GHz band like mine
    the wi-fi network disconnects [​IMG]

theveterans, Jan 29, 2021
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jan 29, 2021
  4. the wi-fi network disconnects

Unable to reconnect to Wi Fi after disconnecting it

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to turn on the Wi Fi, once disconnected. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Did you receive any error message?

• What exactly happens when you try to connect?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise due to change in settings, driver issue or application conflicts.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to disable and enable Wireless network in adapter settings and check if the issue persists.

• Open Network and sharing center.
    • Click on Change Adapter settings.
    • Locate the Wireless adapter.
    Right click Disable it and enable it and check the status.

If you are able to turn on the Wi Fi, it may be due to driver conflicts.

Hence, I suggest you to run network adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Network Troubleshooter.

1. Type Troubleshooting on the search bar and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

2. Now type Network adapter in the search option.

3. Click on Network adapter to run the troubleshooter.

I also suggest you to check if the Airplane mode turns automatically on after the disconnection.

For that, you can check either click on the network icon in the action centre .

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

the wi-fi network disconnects

1. the wi-fi network disconnects - Similar Threads - network disconnects

2. My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router: My notebook is an Aspire 3 with Windows 11. In the beginning it used to get WiFi like any other device, it could get quite far from the router which still had a strong and stable connection, but it has been a long time since it started to lose connection to the network Just...
  3. My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router: My notebook is an Aspire 3 with Windows 11. In the beginning it used to get WiFi like any other device, it could get quite far from the router which still had a strong and stable connection, but it has been a long time since it started to lose connection to the network Just...
  4. Wifi Gets disconnected and cannot detect availabe network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Gets disconnected and cannot detect availabe network: Hello,I am using windows 11, i7 8th gen processor and wifi adapter is "Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac Wireless Adapter".My network connection suddenly gets disconnected and I cannot see available network option. My wifi router is working fine as it is conncetd on other devices...
  5. Wifi Gets disconnected and cannot detect availabe network

Wifi Gets disconnected and cannot detect availabe network: Hello,I am using windows 11, i7 8th gen processor and wifi adapter is "Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac Wireless Adapter".My network connection suddenly gets disconnected and I cannot see available network option. My wifi router is working fine as it is conncetd on other devices...
  6. My Wifi Continues to Disconnect after Network Reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wifi Continues to Disconnect after Network Reset?: My WiFi keeps disconnecting and when I go to turn it back on there is no WiFi that shows up. I did a network reset and it didn’t work it continues to disconnect but it’s not the router because I have another laptop it works perfectly fine, and if I move from spot to spot this...
  7. My Wifi Continues to Disconnect after Network Reset?

My Wifi Continues to Disconnect after Network Reset?: My WiFi keeps disconnecting and when I go to turn it back on there is no WiFi that shows up. I did a network reset and it didn’t work it continues to disconnect but it’s not the router because I have another laptop it works perfectly fine, and if I move from spot to spot this...
  8. My Wifi Continues to Disconnect after Network Reset?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Media disconnected on network adaptors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media disconnected on network adaptors: I have a very odd situation that has arisen, my Lenovo Aspire 6 has stopped sharing files to the rest of my network.Have been down the route of WINSTOCK, Driver updates, network restart, troubleshooting, uninstalling Windows updates back to when it was working.I can ping all...
  10. Media disconnected on network adaptors

Media disconnected on network adaptors: I have a very odd situation that has arisen, my Lenovo Aspire 6 has stopped sharing files to the rest of my network.Have been down the route of WINSTOCK, Driver updates, network restart, troubleshooting, uninstalling Windows updates back to when it was working.I can ping all...