Windows 10: The widgets icon seems to have changed its default location

Discus and support The widgets icon seems to have changed its default location in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Today after rebooting I noticed that the widget icon had moved to the right next to the notification area. I normally have the taskbar align icons to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MICHAEL FORSEE, Jun 20, 2024.

1. The widgets icon seems to have changed its default location

Today after rebooting I noticed that the widget icon had moved to the right next to the notification area. I normally have the taskbar align icons to the left which until now had included widgets but tested switching them to the center, whereupon the widget icon moved to the to the left side and was the only icon on that side. I have tried dragging widgets back to its normal location but it seems to be fixed in place with no options to move it.System is AMD Ryzen 7900x/64GB/2TB OS drive/Win 11 fully patched via normal release channelFor some reason I cannot upload the screenshot of the tas

:)

MICHAEL FORSEE, Jun 20, 2024

2. Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Jun 20, 2024
  3. Changing the default storage designation for the Microsoft Windows Store and various apps.

Hi Isaac,

The default storage location for the Windows store and apps is in system location where Windows is stored (This PC-> C drive), if you want to change the default location of the apps then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings
    and check if it helps.

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Storage on the left side, on the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive to where you want your
      documents
      , music, pictures, and/or
      videos
      to be saved to by default.
    • Click/tap on Apply.

The above settings option is available only from the Windows version (10586), I suggest you to check in which version of Windows build in installed on your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 20, 2024
  4. gdarcan Win User

The widgets icon seems to have changed its default location

windows 11 weather widget inside widget panel (Win+W kbd shortcut) doesn't save location

Solution:

• type "weather" at start menu and it will find you "Weather" app with orange sun and cloud icon.
    • Launch weather app
    • Set location inside settings
    • press windows key + w shortcut to open widgets panel
    • Set location and it will save new location

gdarcan, Jun 20, 2024
Thema:

The widgets icon seems to have changed its default location

1. The widgets icon seems to have changed its default location - Similar Threads - widgets icon seems

2. The widgets icon seems to have changed its default location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The widgets icon seems to have changed its default location: Today after rebooting I noticed that the widget icon had moved to the right next to the notification area. I normally have the taskbar align icons to the left which until now had included widgets but tested switching them to the center, whereupon the widget icon moved to the...
  3. how do I change my widget icon back from the weather icon the original widget icon its...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change my widget icon back from the weather icon the original widget icon its...: i recently updated my copy of windows and my old widget icon is now a weather icon and i want to change it back how would i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-widget-icon-back-from-the/4b0cf449-959e-46cb-b7db-82b42fba3592
  4. how do I change my widget icon back from the weather icon the original widget icon its...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I change my widget icon back from the weather icon the original widget icon its...: i recently updated my copy of windows and my old widget icon is now a weather icon and i want to change it back how would i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-widget-icon-back-from-the/4b0cf449-959e-46cb-b7db-82b42fba3592
  5. Changing default file location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing default file location: Dear All, Is there any DOS command that can change the default of C:\Users\ to another drive location ?Pls advise Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-file-location/b3587943-e145-4402-8e37-a92ebe876302
  6. How do I change the desktop location back to its default location?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the desktop location back to its default location?: Hi I have a ZBook 17 G3 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I was copying some files to my external HD. I don't know what I did, but somehow I changed the Desktop's location to the External drive. How do I correct this? I see where to change the location but I'm not...
  7. Change Default Installation Location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Default Installation Location?: Hello! I was wondering if there was a way to change my default "C:" drive location to my storage "E:" drive location. I have some programs that I am trying to install and they are automatically installing themselves into the "C:" drive. So I was hoping there was a way to...
  8. Changing Default Save Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Default Save Location: Just upgraded SSD and installed fresh version of Windows 10 version 1909. My SSD is the C: drive. Prior to the SSD upgrade, files such as Documents, Downloads, Music and Pictures were saved to my D: Hard Drive. Example: D: >Gagnon >Documents In other words my D:...
  9. Changing default install location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing default install location: Alright, so I got a new hard drive today and I'd like to install my apps from the Microsoft store on that drive. However in the drop down menu in "Change where new content is saved" only the C: drive shows. In file explorer it appears and I've installed steam games to it and...
  10. Change contacts default location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change contacts default location: I have searched for hours, and can only find changing the contacts location in Outlook. I use contacts from Word 2010 to fax recipients. After creating a document, and selecting my HP Printer Fax, clicking on print displays the contacts from the current default location...