Windows 10: The wifi option is gone on my Hp laptop!

Discus and support The wifi option is gone on my Hp laptop! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can only connect to the internet with an Ethernet cable what happened? Wifi has been working for the life of my laptop 6+years. I am running Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KHaze1, Feb 17, 2021.

1. KHaze1 Win User

The wifi option is gone on my Hp laptop!

I can only connect to the internet with an Ethernet cable what happened? Wifi has been working for the life of my laptop 6+years. I am running Windows 10. I checked my network adapters and I am missing the one for wifi. How do I get this back and how and why was it deleted?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

KHaze1, Feb 17, 2021
  2. Mcmike1 Win User

Bad Realtek wifi hardware/card on Win 10 HP, full rebuild necessary?

Should I use this?
    Create a bootable USB stick on Windows | Ubuntu

thank you

- - - Updated - - -

I have gone through a variety of troubleshooting steps, tests, diagnostics, etc both myself from tutorials and twice with HP techs on chat with remote access. Hours. Way more than I can list.

Thanks

Mcmike1, Feb 17, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    HP Pavilion laptop wifi problems

Couple of things.

First, I'm almost positive that model of laptop was part of the big HP recall. The cooling was sub-par and the chipset had the problem with the solder failing due to heat.

Second, the WIFI starting to fail was an early sign that the laptop was close to dying.

newtekie1, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Jodi koh Win User

Wifi option disappeared

My laptop no longer has the wifi button, it only allows me to use the internet using Ethernet. When I looked for the wifi option is the network settings, it is completely gone, all I have is the VPN, Ethernet etc. The methods that were listed didn't help
    me with this problem.

Please help.

Jodi koh, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. The wifi option is gone on my Hp laptop! - Similar Threads - wifi option gone

2. My wifi option is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi option is gone: My wifi option is gone. This happen to me not even two weeks ago and it’s happened again. Last time I tried everything I could updating my driver, uninstalling it and reinstalling it, going on my control panel and trying to fix it there, I reset my network but nothing works....
  3. My wifi option is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi option is gone: My wifi option is gone. This happen to me not even two weeks ago and it’s happened again. Last time I tried everything I could updating my driver, uninstalling it and reinstalling it, going on my control panel and trying to fix it there, I reset my network but nothing works....
  4. My wifi option is gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Button for WiFi is gone on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Button for WiFi is gone on HP laptop: Hello!We have a HP laptop that isn’t very old. We downloaded all the new updates and now it can’t connect to the internet anymore.Also, the WiFi button is GONE, I can go to internet but I can look for internet, it just starts with VPN.Can someone help us? We need the laptop...
  6. Button for WiFi is gone on HP laptop

Button for WiFi is gone on HP laptop: Hello!We have a HP laptop that isn’t very old. We downloaded all the new updates and now it can’t connect to the internet anymore.Also, the WiFi button is GONE, I can go to internet but I can look for internet, it just starts with VPN.Can someone help us? We need the laptop...
  7. Why is my wifi option is gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my wifi option is gone: i have tried many things like network reset any many things from youtube nothing worked and driver is not even available in device manager i can see driver of my wifi ony when i turn on show hidden mode...
  8. Why is my wifi option is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my wifi option is gone: i have tried many things like network reset any many things from youtube nothing worked and driver is not even available in device manager i can see driver of my wifi ony when i turn on show hidden mode...
  9. Why is my wifi option is gone

10. WiFi wireless option gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi wireless option gone: My Lenovo laptop has suddenly not letting me connect wirelessly to the Internet only by ethwrnet connection the option for wireless has completly dissapared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-wireless-option-gone/0146a51c-f6f8-47c9-9778-1cccfd015fff