Windows 10: The WiFi setting has disappeared completely from the settings app

Discus and support The WiFi setting has disappeared completely from the settings app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I booted up my computer and had no connection so I went into the settings and the section for WiFi setting is gone. Has this happened to anyone before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CCESDED, Dec 29, 2019.

1. The WiFi setting has disappeared completely from the settings app

I booted up my computer and had no connection so I went into the settings and the section for WiFi setting is gone. Has this happened to anyone before and if so how did you fix it? The only sign that my computer even has WiFi now is the connection icon in the bottom right on the lock screen. I have come across numerous guides that tell me to reinstall the drivers or update the drivers but none of that worked. Any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/CCESDED
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CCESDED, Dec 29, 2019

2. WiFi settings vanished and Microsoft apps aren't working.

Hello there!
    The problem I have was around for some time but now it's really starting to bug me.
    So basically, the WiFi settings from my laptop have completely vanished and now it's replaced with 'Networks' in the notification center however, it doesn't detect anything and the switch of turning the WiFi icon on or off on the taskbar is greyed out from the settings. I've managed to find a way to access the WiFi menu again and it was either from the lock screen or that menu that opens when you press ctrl + alt + del. After connecting to my WiFi I decided to open the Microsoft Store but it said that I wasn't connected to the internet even though I was. I tried opening Microsoft apps and diferrent apps I had downloaded but all of them stated that I wasn't connected to the internet, even windows updates did the same thing. I did some digging around in the device manager list and I let it show my hidden devices then I found out that my WiFi software device was hidden. I checked it's status and it says "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
    To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."
    My WAN miniports have the same error too
    and before suggesting to try troubleshooting it, I've tried it and it didn't work at all.
    If someone could help me with this I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in Advance!

xXDammieXx, Dec 29, 2019
  3. How to set up Wifi? HTC S720

Yes, HTC S620 or HTC Excalibur has wifi built-in. To set up wifi, follow these steps:

• turn the wifi radio on by going to settings>command manager>wifi
    • it should automatically give you the list of available wifi hotspots
    • If the network is protected by key, it will ask you you to enter the key

TarandeepKaur, Dec 29, 2019
  4. The WiFi setting has disappeared completely from the settings app

Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

The WiFi setting has disappeared completely from the settings app

1. The WiFi setting has disappeared completely from the settings app - Similar Threads - WiFi setting has

2. WIfi keeps completely disappearing from laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIfi keeps completely disappearing from laptop.: The issue started yesterday. The wi-fi icon disappeared completely only airplane mode icon was available. I tried uninstalling and installing the wi-fi driver, it didn't work. Then checked if it's disabled from control panel, but the option wasn't available. Then I contacted...
  3. Wifi Driver and settings Disappearing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Driver and settings Disappearing randomly: I am using ASUS TUF Gaming A15 series laptop. Recently I am facing issues related to the wifi driver. The system works perfectly after I connect to a wifi network. But then suddenly and randomly the wifi setting disappears and even the driver is not visible in Device Manager....
  4. Wifi Driver and settings Disappearing randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Driver and settings Disappearing randomly: I am using ASUS TUF Gaming A15 series laptop. Recently I am facing issues related to the wifi driver. The system works perfectly after I connect to a wifi network. But then suddenly and randomly the wifi setting disappears and even the driver is not visible in Device Manager....
  5. All wifi has disappeared from my computer - All options removed, no wifi section in settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All wifi has disappeared from my computer - All options removed, no wifi section in settings: Hi thereI am having this recurring issue where all wifi settings, buttons and options disappear completely from my laptop. Doing a hard reboot briefly fixed it and then the same thing happened. I have tried: - hard reboot multiple times - uninstalling and reinstalling all...
  6. Most of my settings have disappeared, the settings app has also disappeared from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Most of my settings have disappeared, the settings app has also disappeared from start menu: [ATTACH]here is what it looks like https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-of-my-settings-have-disappeared-the-settings/3415d18e-0e37-4c59-b84a-e782b4243072
  7. WiFi option disappeared from the settings overnight

WiFi option disappeared from the settings overnight: I switched on my laptop in the morning and I realized the WiFi is not connected, so I thought that maybe the WiFi disconnected itself. I went to the WiFi icon and it just says "Change settings, such as making a connection metered." and so I went to the settings, but I...
  8. Wifi tab in settings disappeared

Wifi tab in settings disappeared: My wifi has disappeared from the network and internet settings on my laptop. It is also not picking up on any available networks around. I have windows 10 on a Dell laptop. I do not have access to ethernet.[IMG][IMG]...
  9. WiFi disappeared completely from laptop

WiFi disappeared completely from laptop: Hi, I have an MSI Alpha 15 A3DDK, with Windows 10. I haven't had any problems, then all of a sudden I started getting BSOD stop code 0x0000006 once or twice a day. I could not find the source of the problem. Then, yesterday evening, I left my computer to grab dinner and...
  10. The WiFi setting has disappeared completely from the settings app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The WiFi setting has disappeared completely from the settings app: I booted up my computer and had no connection so I went into the settings and the section for WiFi setting is gone. Has this happened to anyone before and if so how did you fix it? The only sign that my computer even has WiFi now is the connection icon in the bottom right on...