Windows 10: The Win 10 computer I am on does not show up on network

Discus and support The Win 10 computer I am on does not show up on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In my private home workgroup, I have three Win 10 computers: two desktops and one laptop. From my desktop, I can see my laptop and my wife's desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CareyPage, May 16, 2020.

1. CareyPage Win User

The Win 10 computer I am on does not show up on network

In my private home workgroup, I have three Win 10 computers: two desktops and one laptop. From my desktop, I can see my laptop and my wife's desktop computer, but my desktop does not show up in the network folder or on the file explorer

:)

CareyPage, May 16, 2020
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, May 16, 2020
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, May 16, 2020
  4. The Win 10 computer I am on does not show up on network

Win 10 networking to an XP computer has changed

I read your other post and it seems you're wanting us to enable SSP / NTLM on the XP machine. Is this what you were suggesting?
    1. Click Administrative Tools.
    2. Click Local Security Policy > Local Policies > Security Options > Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level.
    3. Click Send LM& NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated.
    I'm not sure what SSP is? I saw references to SSO is that what you meant?

GerryPeters, May 16, 2020
Thema:

The Win 10 computer I am on does not show up on network

1. The Win 10 computer I am on does not show up on network - Similar Threads - computer does show

2. Win 10 hangs when I try to show the network computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 hangs when I try to show the network computers: When I hit Network Win 10 hangs and nothing is displayed.Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-hangs-when-i-try-to-show-the-network/ad790fc5-cab8-4371-9787-6b8344556a44
  3. Win 10 hangs when I try to show the network computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 hangs when I try to show the network computers: When I hit Network Win 10 hangs and nothing is displayed.Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-hangs-when-i-try-to-show-the-network/ad790fc5-cab8-4371-9787-6b8344556a44
  4. Win 10 hangs when I try to show the network computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Networked computer not showing up

Networked computer not showing up: I've just installed Win10 on a small networked computer ethernet, which previously had Win7 on it. I access it most frequently from my desktop computer, also connected via ethernet. I have set up sharing on this computer, and can see, access, and write to folders on it, on...
  6. Win 10 Network does not show private networked Win 7 computer

Win 10 Network does not show private networked Win 7 computer: I had two Win 7 PC on a wired homegroup network that worked well sharing files. Upgraded one to Win 10 with a clean install and then restored data and reinstalled apps. After much messing around, the PC remaining on Win 7 can see the Win 10 PC and share the proper files and...
  7. Why does win 10 shows two networks?

Why does win 10 shows two networks?: When I mouse of over the network icon it shows two networks! How do I remove the bad network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-win-10-shows-two-networks/ee6ab156-5336-4b4c-8642-5a2f2046e4d0
  8. Networking: Computers no longer show up on network.

Networking: Computers no longer show up on network.: I suddenly have an issue with no computers showing up on the network on one of my computers which us connected via ethernet. A second computer on the ethernet lists all computers but cannot access the first one and a third on wifi lists the first ethernet computer. All...
  9. Computers not showing up on network

Computers not showing up on network: I have a network of 5 computers- are on Private Networks, but 4 computers recognize 4 computers but not the 5th, while the 5th computer recognizes all 5 computers. I can't map any network drive to 5th since it isn't recognized on the list. Also, don't know if this matters,...
  10. My computer does not show up in the network

My computer does not show up in the network: In windows explorer under "network," all of my computers show up except for the computer I am working on. It does show up under media devices, but not as a computer, and it doesn't show up as a computer on my other computers, either. Sometimes it will show up as an...