Windows 10: The win10 tray style is changed to win7.

Discus and support The win10 tray style is changed to win7. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm not used to it, I don't know if there is software that can change it. 147489 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by azsx9487, Jan 2, 2020.

1. azsx9487 Win User

The win10 tray style is changed to win7.

I'm not used to it, I don't know if there is software that can change it.

:)

azsx9487, Jan 2, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Hello, unfortunately your query is unclear.

The title suggests you have Windows 10, and a tray style that is Win 7's and don't want it. However, your screenshot suggests what you actually dislike is Win 10's tray style, and want Win 7's.

You can simply drag icons from the notification area to your taskbar, and v. versa. No need for a Customise button.

And you can change which icons appear here:

The win10 tray style is changed to win7. [​IMG]

Rt click taskbar, taskbar settings.

Appearance: anyway, this is mine:

I use Aeroglass:
    Aero Glass for Win8+

- which changes the borders.

There are many things that are different from e.g. Win 7- some you can change, some you have to live with if you use Win 10.

dalchina, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Scoobydu Win User
    homegroup win10 not recognize printer & scanner on win7 computer

Thank you so much for the quick response to my problem.

my devices I am trying to access on the win7 computer are:

Printer: Stylus Photo R200

Scanner: Perfection 4180

I had these originally on my computer B4 win10 install. After the install they did not work. That is why I connected to my other win7 computer. The win7 is within my Homegroup and when I access thru win10 I get access to docs, picts, videos, etc but not
    the above devices. Reversing this, accessing my win10 computer from the win7, I get the icon my Epson Workforce 310 printer which I set up on the win7 computer for printing as well as the above devices.

Went to Epson website on the win7 comp & found the recommended driver for win7. Did the same on the win10 comp to find drivers for win10. (Did not update these drivers yet.) Apparently they have 2 different drivers dependent on WIN version. Both drivers
    are up to date.

Is it possible the drivers are not compatible and this accounts for these devices not showing up on the win10 machine? Don't know if win10 driver will work on win7. I may try to set these up on win10 machine. If work can upgrade win7 to win10.

I tried steps 1 & 2. Step 3, I know I have devices set to show on the network.

Any other suggestions/comments??

Scoobydu, Jan 2, 2020
  4. tdming Win User

Upgrade to Win10 from Win7 desktop, windows update

I did the upgrade from Win7 to Win10 last week. It seemed to go fine but I have no desktop icons, no apps listed on the Start Menu, All Apps option, and Windows Update has been stuck at 2% downloading an update. I've run sfc /scannow and DISM through
    advanced command prompt with no change in behavior. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

tdming, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. The win10 tray style is changed to win7. - Similar Threads - win10 tray style

2. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  3. [Help] Alt-codes changed? (Win7 ⇒ Win10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Alt-codes changed? (Win7 ⇒ Win10): I used to use alt-codes a lot in windows 7, but i recently updated it to windows 10 (a week ago, today). Now, whenever i type alt+(code), as i used to, i can't get any of the characters i used to get before. it's like everything changed, and i can't find any references of...
  4. Is Win7-style taskbar popup possible on Win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Win7-style taskbar popup possible on Win10?: I've read a lot ... and made attempts ... to get the same nice taskbar preview on Win10 that I've had for years on Win7. These two captures show my progress, thus far (left) and what I'd like to have (right). I such a presentation possible? Thanks in advance for any help...
  5. win10 Minimize and Maximize buttons changed to win7 style.

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 Minimize and Maximize buttons changed to win7 style.: I find the Minimize and Maximize buttons strange... 147260
  6. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  7. Networking Win10 with Win7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking Win10 with Win7: how to connect a win 10 pc with a win 7 pc in a local network via wifi ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-win10-with-win7/31128bd4-e0ca-434b-9f02-73990826111c
  8. Downgrade Win10 to Win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade Win10 to Win7: Hi.... I want to back to use Win7, I bought a new notebook with Win10 installed, Can I downgrade it to Win7? Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-win10-to-win7/2e9a1762-030d-48ad-ad2c-d0513a2b9f58
  9. Help changing style to original win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help changing style to original win10: How do I change this style (my pc link) to the regular windows 10 style (original link)? I couldn't find anything and did not know how else to search for answers. The one on my pc= Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing Video Hosting...
  10. Win7 games on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 games on Win10: A while ago I installed Win7 games on Win10 using msgames_win8_x64.msi as mentioned in thread Hearts and Solitaire Games in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums I wondered if this was legal but did it anyway. Installing the TH2 update removed the games. I installed them again, but...