Windows 10: The window stopped opening on hover on the taskbar

Discus and support The window stopped opening on hover on the taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The window stopped opening on hover on the taskbar. Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 OS 19042.867 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanilaMazin, Apr 21, 2021.

1. The window stopped opening on hover on the taskbar

The window stopped opening on hover on the taskbar.

Windows 10 Home
    Version 20H2
    OS 19042.867
    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

I found the checkmark in adminpanel, it did not help. Updated

:)

DanilaMazin, Apr 21, 2021
  2. Eddo51 Win User

Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10

Maybe my comment was ambiguous. I want the list to show longer. When I hover on a taskbar icon, it shows the list for about 4 seconds and then stops showing. I want to show the list of open windows to show as long as I hover over the taskbar icon.

Eddo51, Apr 21, 2021
  3. How to OPEN Programs in Taskbar Preview WITHOUT Clicking ??

@Triliuner I'm sorry to hear it's not as simple as that.

When you have multiple windows opened from a single application e.g. 2 separate windows from Chrome, do they show up as previews when you hover over Chrome's icon in the taskbar, or as a list? Just asking to clarify that, they are at least showing as previews. If not, this should help: Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

As for the different windows not showing when you hover your mouse over a preview, maybe it has something to do with the delay, see here: Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials (restoring the default value)

I hope that helps, if not, maybe others can suggest some other things to try..

TheDeerDude, Apr 21, 2021
  4. The window stopped opening on hover on the taskbar

Opening programs on a twin monitor setup

Hi,

To further assist you, we suggest for you to follow these steps:

• Hover to the open application on the taskbar.
    • You'll get a miniature Preview screen of the said application.
    • Hover your mouse over the Preview screen.
    • Right click on Restore.
    • Re-hover over the same Preview screen.
    • Right click on Move.
    • Use the arrow keys to move the application on your desired screen/position.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

The window stopped opening on hover on the taskbar

1. The window stopped opening on hover on the taskbar - Similar Threads - window stopped opening

2. Stopping cursor hovering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stopping cursor hovering: I have a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I cannot turn off the hovering feature that changes windows everytime the cursor hovers over a new window. I am using the touchpad, not a mouse. I have followed the published instructions of unclicking the "Activate a window by...
  3. Stopping cursor hovering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopping cursor hovering: I have a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I cannot turn off the hovering feature that changes windows everytime the cursor hovers over a new window. I am using the touchpad, not a mouse. I have followed the published instructions of unclicking the "Activate a window by...
  4. Stopping cursor hovering

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to stop mouse hover from opening folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop mouse hover from opening folders?: When I am trying to move files on my PC to another folder/storage device, the darn mouse opens/expands the folders before I can let go and place the files where I meant for them to go. There is no problem if there is a single folder with no sub folders. But it happens so...
  6. Taskbar Hover Text Stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Hover Text Stuck: [ATTACH] My mouse will hover over an icon on the toolbar and when it leaves the toolbar, it still has the text hover above it when the mouse is nowhere near it. This has been going on for years with no answers anywhere. submitted by /u/Grunstrag [link] [comments]...
  7. Hovering over grouped taskbar icons keeps on opening and closing

Hovering over grouped taskbar icons keeps on opening and closing: I have a SUPER SUPER annoying grouped taskbar icon issue. Whenever I hover my mouse over say Chrome, Explorer, Outlook, etc. where there are grouped items, the thing would play "whack a mole" with me. It would appear and when I try to select it, it would disappear and I would...
  8. Stop HOVER please.

Stop HOVER please.: I hate this option and I can't stop it. All the threads out there are outdated or for other versions of Windows, or are just wrong. I just want this option gone. I can't even imagine that anyone out there finds this feature useful. If I leave the cursor anywhere for more than...
  9. Taskbar hover bug

Taskbar hover bug: Hey all. I've been encountering a bug recently where taskbar icons remain highlighted after my mouse leaves. The issue is that the name of the app will then appear and stay until I smash the start button a few times or click elsewhere on the taskbar. Occasionally, the app...
  10. How to stop previews when hovering over a taskbar button?

How to stop previews when hovering over a taskbar button?: . After last night's Win update, I now have version 1803. This has broken my Taskbar Tweaker. Therefore, when I hover the mouse over a button, there's now a popup preview. How can I stop the preview? Thanks. 110514