Windows 10: The Windows 10 Desktop - I want my old original desktop view back! Help!

Discus and support The Windows 10 Desktop - I want my old original desktop view back! Help! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Seems like such a basic thing but I can't figure it out! Somehow (update or my children*eyeroll*) my main desktop is the Windows bunch of boxes and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DKelly32, Nov 9, 2019.

1. DKelly32 Win User

The Windows 10 Desktop - I want my old original desktop view back! Help!

Seems like such a basic thing but I can't figure it out! Somehow (update or my children*eyeroll*) my main desktop is the Windows bunch of boxes and flippy squares - it's distracting and I hate it. I just want my static old school icon based desktop. Anyone know how to switch back?!

Thanks to all you answerers! The Windows 10 Desktop - I want my old original desktop view back! Help! ;)

:)

DKelly32, Nov 9, 2019

2. Windows 8.1 Available on ORIGIN PC Desktops and Laptops

ORIGIN PC is now offering Microsoft's latest and highly-anticipated update, Windows 8.1, to their full line of award-winning desktops and laptops for gamers, artists, professionals and enthusiasts. Windows 8.1 delivers the most complete set of experiences and the widest range of in-box apps and services than ever before. The new Windows 8.1 update now includes exciting new features like the iconic Windows START button that allows for one-click access to the innovative start screen, gives users the option to boot directly to their desktop or start screen, provides a global search within the PC and web and so much more!

All ORIGIN PC system orders with Windows 8.1 pre-installed will begin shipping on or after the official launch day of October 17, 2013. All existing ORIGIN PC customers with Windows 8 can choose to update to Windows 8.1 for free on its official launch day through the windows app store! ORIGIN PC also still provides its customers with the option of Windows 7 if desired.

The Windows 10 Desktop - I want my old original desktop view back! Help! ORIGIN_PC_Win_8.1_banner_thm.jpg

The Windows 10 Desktop - I want my old original desktop view back! Help! origin_genesis_PC_thm.jpg

Windows 8.1 New Features:
    • Modern UI Experience- Multitask with up to four apps or sites open side-by-side at the same time.
    • Boot To Desktop - Allows users to choose to boot directly to their desktop or start screen of your choice
    • New Start Button - The iconic Start button is now located on the taskbar allowing one-click access to the Start Screen and provides additional options
    • Enhanced Search- New Bing-powered search returns results from across your devices, apps and the cloud.
    • New Windows Store - Find your favorite apps and discover new experiences in the redesigned Windows Store.
    • New Backgrounds - Choose from new backgrounds, colors and live tiles for an experience that's uniquely yours.
    • Cloud Ready - Access all your files, photos and settings, from anywhere, with SkyDrive cloud-based storage and sync.
    • Free Update For Current Windows 8 Users - Existing Windows 8 users can update to Windows 8.1 by downloading directly through the Windows App Store for free.
    • Free Lifetime 24/7 Support - Every ORIGIN PC comes with industry leading Lifetime 24/7 Support based in the United States ready to help answer any Windows 8.1 related questions.
    "One of my favorite things about Windows 8.1 is now having the ability to choose where you want to boot directly to, your desktop or directly to the start screen menu." said Kevin Wasielewski ORIGIN PC CEO and co-founder. "With Windows 8.1, it's an evolutionary step in the right direction and we're extremely excited to immediately begin offering it to all ORIGIN PC customers to have it ready to ship by launch day."

Cristian_25H, Nov 9, 2019
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Old desktop view

What old desktop view are you referring to? What happened to it?

JimWynne, Nov 9, 2019
  4. The Windows 10 Desktop - I want my old original desktop view back! Help!

Want the Old Desktop Back in Windows 10 computer.

Hi Dalton,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in desktop icons is disable or hidden.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say "Windows 8 desktop icons back", are you logged in with the same user account with which you have upgrade to Windows 10? Is it a Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    • Is the desktop icons empty on the computer screen?

If you are not able to see any of the desktop icons, then I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Desktop Screen.

2. Then click on View.

3. Click on Show desktop icons.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

The Windows 10 Desktop - I want my old original desktop view back! Help!

1. The Windows 10 Desktop - I want my old original desktop view back! Help! - Similar Threads - Desktop old original

2. how do i go back to my old desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i go back to my old desktop: how do i go back to my old desktop layout after an update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-go-back-to-my-old-desktop/b3b94d2e-d888-4185-b62d-b5817b00be1c
  3. I want help to get back my original screen as of this eraly morning

I want help to get back my original screen as of this eraly morning: When I logged in this morning, I was alerted that I need to download upgrades. I started the process but it was going very very slow. So I stopped the download. In all this goings on, I lost my original screen with the all the icons at the bottom line of the screen. I need...
  4. viewing my desktop

viewing my desktop: my laptop no longer shows my desktop and all the icons, instead i have the full start up , how do i change it back??? it is the Yoga model, I changed into a tablet yesterday and its been like it ever since....
  5. i want my old desktop explore 10

i want my old desktop explore 10: where is explore 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-my-old-desktop-explore-10/2d5673d4-9b6f-475d-a3f8-d55990e6f566
  6. onedrive. don't want it but i want my desktop back...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive. don't want it but i want my desktop back...: Got a new pc and one drive immediately started throwing my files there and filled itself up and started asking me if I wanted to buy more. NO! Thought I stopped this thing from syncing and deleted the app. By my digital audio workstation seems to have defaulted to storing...
  7. Desktop view

Desktop view: How to I set & lock my desktop in Classic or Tablet view, running Windows 10? (Instead of Tiles). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-view/c923459e-bc86-4dd1-b90a-60d75fdee3de
  8. My old desktop

My old desktop: I got Windows 10 when it first came out, i had some updates a while ago and this morning it took for ever for my desktop to appear and when it did it was not my original desktop that i had before. How do i get my old desktop back????...
  9. Old desktop view

Old desktop view: I want my old desktop view how do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-desktop-view/6d4fd7a2-2c8c-4510-8608-b89e2b8008e2
  10. want my desktop icons back to original way

want my desktop icons back to original way: We had an outage problem in our area and everything was cut off. When it came back on my desktop icons were gone . There are some things that are on right side where icons use to be. But not in same order and some are gone also. How can I get them back in their...