Windows 10: The windows 10 icon is not opening w/ left click....

Discus and support The windows 10 icon is not opening w/ left click.... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dell desktop Dell Inspiron 560 4gb RAM; high speed cable; MS Windows10 64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012; MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox 22.0; Avast AV;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Adela, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Adela Win User

The windows 10 icon is not opening w/ left click....

Dell desktop Dell Inspiron 560 4gb RAM; high speed cable; MS Windows10 64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012; MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox 22.0; Avast AV; Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader; Adobe flash Player 11,8,800,94 or better by now...

Hello, the Windows 10 icon on bottom left of the screen (a small white window divided in 4) which gives you the links to MSWord and other ready programs, is not opening. Don[t know what's called..."Start Window"?

I rebooted, went to repair, and it's still not responding. But when I right click it's ok. Only when I left click won't open. Anybody knows why and how to fix? Thanks ever so much! *Smile

:)

Adela, Aug 8, 2015

2. emails

In WIN 10 Left click on the Start icon Left click on the Settings (Gear icon) click on Apps Icon, when it opens click on Default Apps, when this window opens Email will be the first Icon on top click on the Microsoft Edge icon and then select the Program
    that you want to open your Email "Outlook 2016" or "Mail"

Hope this helps

Tim Michael, Aug 8, 2015
  3. When I left click on the windows 10 icon in the task bar it does nothing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

To better understand the issue please let us know if you receive any error message while trying to access the start menu.

Meanwhile I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps provided in the link below and see if It helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 8, 2015
  4. RogHil43 Win User

One of the many problems that I have, and hope that we soon get a fix.-Roger

RogHil43, Aug 9, 2015
  5. ksio89 Win User
    I'm also facing this issue. Neither wi-fi networks, nor volume control and power options and other tray icons are opening. Welcome to the club.

ksio89, Aug 9, 2015
  6. I gather this is an upgrade install? If Avast (or any A/V) was carried over from your previous OS, uninstall it, reboot and reinstall. Also be sure to install any updated Win 10 drivers from the manufacturer of your system/motherboard and chipset manufacturer. I'd also recommend uninstalling any (including both Nvidia/AMD and/or Intel) graphics drivers Windows installed during or after the upgrade with DDU and manually installing the latest Win 10 driver(s) (Win 8.1 where not available).

fracking4oil, Aug 9, 2015
  7. Adela Win User
    Thank you fracking4oil, yes, it is an upgrade install, the free version (but I went to see my installed programs in Control Panel and don't see Windows 10! Happen to know why?). Anyway, as to what you say:
    How do I find out who they are for the system/motherboard and chipset?
    So sorry but I also don't know what is this:
    Would appreciate so much clarifying so I may fix this glitch please? Thanks so much!

Adela, Aug 9, 2015
  8. jmccen Win User

My taskbar icons for network connections and speakers wouldn't open after win 10 upgrade. I uninstalled AVast a/v program and restated laptop......problems*Smile solved

jmccen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. The windows 10 icon is not opening w/ left click.... - Similar Threads - icon opening left

2. intermittent lag on left click on icon to open programme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intermittent lag on left click on icon to open programme: Hello, I've had this almost from installation of Win 11. Usually, left click works fine, but sometimes nothing happens for a while, then, if you've clicked more than once, there is a rush of multiple windows opening. I've run sfc/ scannow, I've done all the suggested things...
  3. intermittent lag on left click on icon to open programme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intermittent lag on left click on icon to open programme: Hello, I've had this almost from installation of Win 11. Usually, left click works fine, but sometimes nothing happens for a while, then, if you've clicked more than once, there is a rush of multiple windows opening. I've run sfc/ scannow, I've done all the suggested things...
  4. Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click: As of 2 days ago when I left click on the Start Icon at the left side of the Taskbar on the bottom of the desktop nothing happens. If I right click, I get a pop up but not like the left click. How do I restore the function?...
  5. Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click: As of 2 days ago when I left click on the Start Icon at the left side of the Taskbar on the bottom of the desktop. If I right click I get a pop up but not like the left click. How do I restore the function?...
  6. Left clicking Volume icon not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left clicking Volume icon not working: When I try left clicking the volume icon on my taskbar it doesn’t work. Right clicking the apps on my taskbar doesn’t work either. I can left click my apps and open them, but I can’t left click my icons on the right side of the taskbar. I tried to restart my windows explorer...
  7. Left Clicking Windows Icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left Clicking Windows Icon: Its been happening for a few weeks lately, but all of a sudden, I can't left click on my windows icon. I can only right click it. Any solutions? submitted by /u/TTVBigDaddyWolfx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5ssrc/left_clicking_windows_icon/
  8. Cannot left click on taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot left click on taskbar icons.: Hello there, I am having an issue, and it has been going on for about 2 months now. I cannot left click on the taskbar icons that are located next to the clock (eg. Wi-Fi, Sound, Clock). And along with that, I cannot right click on any of my programs that I have added to...
  9. Left-Click on Windows Icon not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Left-Click on Windows Icon not working: I have seen this elsewhere but there seem to be different variations... so hopefully okay to post again The Left-Click on Windows Icon not working Packard Bell Desktop computer was 'trying' to do an update and it seems that following that the left-click option didn't...
  10. Can't left click on systemtray icons and windows icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't left click on systemtray icons and windows icon: Hello, after a day using windows 10 I can't click any icons on the system tray and I can't click the windows button. I can click them with the right mouse button. When I left click on them it gives a short loading cursor and after that it doesn't do anything. 35767