Windows 10: The Windows 10 pro is taking lots of data how to stop windows update

Discus and support The Windows 10 pro is taking lots of data how to stop windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The Windows 10 pro is taking lots of data how to stop windows update Rashid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rashidkhan1la, Nov 9, 2018.

1. The Windows 10 pro is taking lots of data how to stop windows update

The Windows 10 pro is taking lots of data how to stop windows update

Rashid

:)

Rashidkhan1la, Nov 9, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 9, 2018
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, Nov 9, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. The Windows 10 pro is taking lots of data how to stop windows update - Similar Threads - pro taking lots

2. Windows 11 update takes up a lot of storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update takes up a lot of storage space: Hello,I recently installed the 22H2 version of Windows 11 on my Dell laptop.Right after the update everything seemed fine, but a couple of days after I realized most of the storage was being filled up I have a 225 GB SSD.After checking the disk I realized now the OS files...
  3. Windows 11 update takes up a lot of storage space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update takes up a lot of storage space: Hello,I recently installed the 22H2 version of Windows 11 on my Dell laptop.Right after the update everything seemed fine, but a couple of days after I realized most of the storage was being filled up I have a 225 GB SSD.After checking the disk I realized now the OS files...
  4. System consume a lot of data on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System consume a lot of data on windows 10: Give me some solution how to save my data when I connect my mobile wifi with laptop then my laptop system consume too much data. I lost 6 GB data in an hour, I don't know how to prevent this so please me provide that problem solution....
  5. Windows update taking lot of storage

Windows update taking lot of storage: Dear Microsoft, this ARJUN here, and I just got updates named below in my Settings/Windows update: 1 KB4598299 2 KB4598291 And after the installation of these updates, I noticed that my C: Drive got red in storage. I checked in disk cleanup/ clean up system files and there I...
  6. Windows 10 taking too much internet data. HOW TO STOP IT. Version 2004

Windows 10 taking too much internet data. HOW TO STOP IT. Version 2004: HELLO I am very much in trouble , as I am on windows 10 version 2004 latest , My windows is taking too much internet data ,I had followed many steps through internet website but unable to get appropriate solution. Please tell me how can i stop this over consumption of...
  7. Windows 10 is taking too much internet data how to stop it

Windows 10 is taking too much internet data how to stop it: Windows 10 is taking too much internet data i have followed many step but did not find a solution yet, my whole internet data is used by windows 10 I don't want windows to use exceesive data to be consumed. PLEASE TELL ME ALL THE STEPS THROUGH WHICH I CAN STOP WINDOWS 10 FROM...
  8. How much data will it take to update Windows 10 from 1803 to 1909?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How much data will it take to update Windows 10 from 1803 to 1909?: Hi, I have a limited per day data plan and want to update Windows 10 from 1803 to 1909. What is the update size? Please let me know because I don't want the update to be hampered....
  9. WINDOWS 10 TAKES LOT OF TIME TO BOOT & SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 10 TAKES LOT OF TIME TO BOOT & SHUTDOWN: I have a new hp laptop having windows 10 with intel i3 7 th gen 4gb ram. it will take a lot of time to respond. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-takes-lot-of-time-to-boot-shutdown/20cc21c9-eb8b-4f4c-8f09-28120946779d
  10. Stop Driver Updates in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stop Driver Updates in Windows 10 Pro?: I am looking for a way to block auto driver update, as a buggy driver could cause boot up problem. Is this possible? 14486

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mpsigstub.etl