Windows 10: The Windows 10 Update system dialog popped up in foreign language

Discus and support The Windows 10 Update system dialog popped up in foreign language in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A system window, presumably related to the Windows Update popped up in a wrong language - Russian. It asks something about disk space . The Russian... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Maksym_Vlasov, Aug 13, 2019.

1. The Windows 10 Update system dialog popped up in foreign language

A system window, presumably related to the Windows Update popped up in a wrong language - Russian. It asks something about disk space .

The Russian language is not installed in my OS, neither it is present in keyboard layouts. The installed languages are Ukrainian and English.

The window contains not selectable text so it is not possible to copy it into clipboard for translation.

Why could it happen? This is not good at all !

How to change the lang of that window ? How to make sure I don't get this nonsense in future?

The Windows 10 Update system dialog popped up in foreign language e918fbf7-7719-4f48-affe-257a31453ead?upload=true.png

:)

Maksym_Vlasov, Aug 13, 2019

2. Foreign Language Keyboards

Hi Louis,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Yes keyboard will be available in windows 10 for foreign languages.

I would suggest you to follow the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

Note: The steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

I hope this information will help.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Aug 13, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Aug 13, 2019
  4. The Windows 10 Update system dialog popped up in foreign language

Foreign Disk

Hi,

You will only lose the data in the Foreign Disk once you convert it to a "Basic Disk" in Disk Management.

To allow the disk to be recognized, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type "Disk Management" and click on it.
    • Right-click on the foreign disk and select "Import Foreign Disks..."

Feel free to post back with more information.

Israel Arn, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

The Windows 10 Update system dialog popped up in foreign language

1. The Windows 10 Update system dialog popped up in foreign language - Similar Threads - Update system dialog

2. Windows Security dialog window pops up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security dialog window pops up: Windows Security dialog window pops up while I am developing an application through React. It is really annoying. We have to refresh page. At first, this sign in dialog window is shown:Then the above dialog window is replaced by the following dialog window. It requires smart...
  3. Windows Security dialog window pops up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security dialog window pops up: Windows Security dialog window pops up while I am developing an application through React. It is really annoying. We have to refresh page. At first, this sign in dialog window is shown:Then the above dialog window is replaced by the following dialog window. It requires smart...
  4. The setting dialogs are not popping up in system settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The setting dialogs are not popping up in system settings.: Hi, All I have a Win10 1607 that has a strange problem. Open system settings, clicking buttons like "Connect" in access Work or School,, "Add an Account", "Add a printer", you see the flashing shadow of a dialog and nothing pops up, I wonder what happened to the OS? Any...
  5. adds in foreign language

adds in foreign language: how do I prevent adds in foreign language, not English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adds-in-foreign-language/1df64c22-c30a-4495-bf5c-41096f7153c4
  6. Excel files showing up in foreign language

Excel files showing up in foreign language: I recently started receiving Excel files in English from USA and opening files only to see spreadsheets written in a foreign, maybe eastern european language. Is there any reason this would start happening?...
  7. Change default language from foreign in the foreign language Window setting

Change default language from foreign in the foreign language Window setting: I added language extensions yesterday. My system is now displaying a foreign language that I cannot read. I want to change the Default language, but I cannot execute the instructions because I cannot read page in the foreign language. Please help....
  8. foreign language keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    foreign language keyboard: Where do I find instructions how to install a foreign language keyboard in Windows 10? In earlier Operating Systems such information was easily available within the OS without having to resort to the Internet....
  9. dialog box pop up

dialog box pop up: I keep receiving a reminder 'googledrivesync.exe is downloading from OneDrive' with only button available to 'Cancel'. I have cancelled, dialogue disappears then same dialogue box returns within a few minutes. I have tried the following as suggested on these forums: I’d...
  10. Foreign language in app window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Foreign language in app window: For some reason some fields of software display in a foreign language! In the language settings there are only two languages, English (US) and English (UK). As you can see on the Scribus screenshot, some fields are most definitely not English!! *Devil Weird enough, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows update dialog pop up in Russian language