Windows 10: The Windows 10 Update system dialog popped up in foreign language

Discus and support The Windows 10 Update system dialog popped up in foreign language in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A system window, presumably related to the Windows Update popped up in a wrong language - Russian. It asks something about disk space . The Russian... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Maksym_Vlasov, Aug 13, 2019 at 2:02 PM.

1. The Windows 10 Update system dialog popped up in foreign language

A system window, presumably related to the Windows Update popped up in a wrong language - Russian. It asks something about disk space .

The Russian language is not installed in my OS, neither it is present in keyboard layouts. The installed languages are Ukrainian and English.

The window contains not selectable text so it is not possible to copy it into clipboard for translation.

Why could it happen? This is not good at all !

How to change the lang of that window ? How to make sure I don't get this nonsense in future?

The Windows 10 Update system dialog popped up in foreign language e918fbf7-7719-4f48-affe-257a31453ead?upload=true.png

:)

Maksym_Vlasov, Aug 13, 2019 at 2:02 PM

2. Foreign Language Keyboards

Hi Louis,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Yes keyboard will be available in windows 10 for foreign languages.

I would suggest you to follow the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

Note: The steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

I hope this information will help.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Aug 13, 2019 at 2:05 PM
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

4. The Windows 10 Update system dialog popped up in foreign language

Foreign Disk

Hi,

You will only lose the data in the Foreign Disk once you convert it to a "Basic Disk" in Disk Management.

To allow the disk to be recognized, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type "Disk Management" and click on it.
    • Right-click on the foreign disk and select "Import Foreign Disks..."

Feel free to post back with more information.

Thema:

The Windows 10 Update system dialog popped up in foreign language

1. The Windows 10 Update system dialog popped up in foreign language - Similar Threads - Update system dialog

2. Language Bar pop-up after updating to 1903.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language Bar pop-up after updating to 1903.: Hello dear users! Long story short (after countless battles with language bar) I noticed there is a small annoying popup appears when I switch languages. It started after updating windows to 1903. I installed 1903 because Xbox program wanted me to (wanted to test new xbox...
  3. Dialog box/pop ups opening up on the second monitor

Dialog box/pop ups opening up on the second monitor: Hello, so basically, i'm a new technician about 3 months into my first job, i'm trying to complete the hardware renewals i'm still on the last one of 2018 for this reason. there is a computer that is hooked up to a big monitor around the corner from where the actual pc is....
  4. Region pop up windows and language preference problems.

Region pop up windows and language preference problems.: Hello guys. Please help me to solve these two issues. Thanks. Problem 1: Font doesn't match with pop-up windows. (How can I fix it back?) [ATTACH] [ATTACH] The rest of the pop up windows are normal. [ATTACH] Problem 2: The language preference becomes 3 but I only...
  5. Region pop up windows and language preference problems.

Region pop up windows and language preference problems.: Hello guys. Please help me to solve these two issues. Thanks. Problem 1: Font doesn't match with pop-up windows. (How can I fix it back?) [ATTACH] [ATTACH] The rest of the pop up windows are normal. [ATTACH] Problem 2: The language preference becomes 3 but I only...
  6. Foreign language character input

Foreign language character input: Foreign language characters (like ā instead of a) used to be accessed by typing Alt + 'the key you want', but now for some reason it is Alt + Ctrl + 'the key you want'. Can i change it back to the way it was? I looked all over but couldn't find a way to do it. I have the...
  7. Foreign language in app window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Foreign language in app window: For some reason some fields of software display in a foreign language! In the language settings there are only two languages, English (US) and English (UK). As you can see on the Scribus screenshot, some fields are most definitely not English!! *Devil Weird enough, I...
  8. "Language Typing Features" Popping up

in Windows 10 Support
    "Language Typing Features" Popping up: On my Windows 10 installation (Home, 64-bit), I have disabled "Show app notifications" AND "Show me tips about Windows". However, every now and then a message pops up (from the "Action Centre" just next to the clock) stating "Language typing feature - Install typing...
  9. Foreign language appears in some places

in Windows 10 Support
    Foreign language appears in some places: I don't think the title is correctly put but the screenshot I posted would hopefully explain what i really mean. Such problem appear in couple of other places but i couldn't find it the time i was writing this. Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated. [img] 41733
  10. preload.js dialog box keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Support
    preload.js dialog box keeps popping up: preload.js dialog box from tag.imonomy.com keeps popping up, anyone know what this is? Internet search came up empty. thanks 52720

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows update dialog pop up in Russian language