Windows 10: The Windows 11 taskbar bug is destroying my ability to efficiently use my computer

Discus and support The Windows 11 taskbar bug is destroying my ability to efficiently use my computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use multiple monitors. This is extremely critical to my being able to work efficiently, as I am a software developer.The bug where the taskbar does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OrangeOliviero, Nov 29, 2021.

1. The Windows 11 taskbar bug is destroying my ability to efficiently use my computer

I use multiple monitors. This is extremely critical to my being able to work efficiently, as I am a software developer.The bug where the taskbar does not work on secondary monitors when auto-hiding is enabled is messing with my workflow in very undesirable ways. It has made a significant hit to my productivity.I've set the task bar to not auto-hide, but the visual clutter and my lack of being accustomed to it makes it difficult to maintain focus.Why has this not been fixed yet? It's a major feature that's used quite heavily, yet it's been broken since before the release.If you can't even fix t

:)

OrangeOliviero, Nov 29, 2021

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 29, 2021
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Nov 29, 2021
  4. The Windows 11 taskbar bug is destroying my ability to efficiently use my computer

Windows taskbar Bug?

Hi Pedro,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We’d like to get more information regarding this issue.

1. Were you able to play the games without the Taskbar interfering earlier?
    2. Were there any updates that were installed recently that you think might have caused the issue?

We appreciate that you tried few steps to fix the issue. We can try few more steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue.

Let us go ahead and disable the Taskbar auto hide feature and check if the issue persists.

1. Right click on empty space of Taskbar.
    2. Select Taskbar settings.
    3. Turn off the switch under Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.
    4. Try playing the game in Full Screen mode and check if the Taskbar interferes with the game play.
    Let us know the results and we will be glad to assist you further.

Looking forward to your response.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

The Windows 11 taskbar bug is destroying my ability to efficiently use my computer

1. The Windows 11 taskbar bug is destroying my ability to efficiently use my computer - Similar Threads - taskbar bug destroying

2. windows 11 destroyed my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 destroyed my laptop: Here we go again.Hello I am currently having a problem with my display on my laptop, there is a white light/ smear of white light at the edge of my display, I don't know what it is or what caused it. I down know if it will get worse or not.it looks like its getting worst...It...
  3. Windows 11 Destroyed My Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Destroyed My Computer: Computer fan runs continuously with no programs open. Zoom lags so badly it’s completely unusable and my entire livelihood revolves around zoom. I can’t downgrade because they put a stupid 10-day limit on reverting for some asinine reason. Microsoft, y’all truly hate your...
  4. Windows 11 Destroyed My Computer

Windows 11 Destroyed My Computer: Computer fan runs continuously with no programs open. Zoom lags so badly it’s completely unusable and my entire livelihood revolves around zoom. I can’t downgrade because they put a stupid 10-day limit on reverting for some asinine reason. Microsoft, y’all truly hate your...
  5. Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Destroyed my computer: Hello,I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but...
  6. Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

Windows 11 Destroyed my computer: Hello,I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but...
  7. The Windows 11 taskbar bug is destroying my ability to efficiently use my computer

The Windows 11 taskbar bug is destroying my ability to efficiently use my computer: I use multiple monitors. This is extremely critical to my being able to work efficiently, as I am a software developer.The bug where the taskbar does not work on secondary monitors when auto-hiding is enabled is messing with my workflow in very undesirable ways. It has made a...
  8. Windows update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update destroyed my computer: I am honestly in a lose of words. I have owned a Apple computer since I was 6 years old. I had to switch to a PC for school. I can not describe the the issues with Windows 10. I mean a company like this still can not get it together is sad. The solution...hey just delete...
  9. Is windows update destroying my computer ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is windows update destroying my computer ?: Okay recently i've installed the new windows update Just after rebooting it started being very slow and crashing very easily. It happened to me before when I get from windows 8 to 10 but it wasn't that bad like blue screen of death once a month. And 3 day after installing it...
  10. windows has destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows has destroyed my computer: I downloaded my free upgrade and now my computer is stuck in a loop - blue screen/black screen. Tech support was useless. Why is Windows allowed to put out a product that does not work and we have to pay to repair? It would be so nice if someone started a class-action lawsuit...