Windows 10: The Windows Audio service could not be started.

Discus and support The Windows Audio service could not be started. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Laptop Just restarted and after the restart i found the Icon of Audio with that red X flag.when i click it tell me "The Audio Service is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IbrahimElbrnawy, Nov 23, 2021.

1. The Windows Audio service could not be started.

My Laptop Just restarted and after the restart i found the Icon of Audio with that red X flag.when i click it tell me "The Audio Service is not running" when i try to restart it as Admin from Services or using CMD as administrator it does not work.i tried both solutions listed in this link but does not work "https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-service-access-denied/3c21aa91-3924-49b1-a737-61066b7df019"still shows access denied!!any solution please it is TOOOOO URGENT!!

:)

IbrahimElbrnawy, Nov 23, 2021

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 23, 2021
  3. CMiller85 Win User
    Windows 10 Audio Service Can't Be Started

Suddenly my audio icon on the taskbar is marked with a red circle with an x in it and no audio plays. If I click on it, the troubleshooter starts and fails unable to fix the problem. Here is what I have tried so far:

• Opened the Services program and tried manually starting Windows Audio - I receive an Error 126: The specified module could not be found
    • Restarted the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder and then tried to start Windows Audio again and received the same error
    • Went into Device Manager and tried to update the audio drivers for HD Audio. No difference
    • Booted in Safe Mode and the same issues persist.
    This is a custom built PC that has seen no issues with audio for the past 6 years. The only hardware changes have been a couple graphics card upgrades and the last was probably ~6 months ago. No driver updates have been installed recently that would account
    for the sudden change in status of my audio hardware.

Relevant Hardware:

• ASRock X58 Extreme3 Motherboard
    • Intel i7-930
    • ASUS Radeon RX470

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

CMiller85, Nov 23, 2021
  4. The Windows Audio service could not be started.

Audio Service not starting - access denied

My audio service is refusing to start regardless of what I try on Windows 10 1803.

I have attempted the following:

• Re-installing audio drivers
    • Updating audio drivers
    • A full virus scan
    • A disk check
    • An SFC check
    • Making sure all the dependencies of the Windows Audio Service are running
    None of these have succeeded in changing anything.
    Whenever I try to start the audio service, I get this error message:

The Windows Audio service could not be started. [​IMG]

This made me think it is potentially the firewall messing everything up, so I start up Windows Defender and get this error message:

Are these two problems related, and does anyone know how I can fix it?

EDIT:
    The Windows Defender Antivirus Service and Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service are both not running, and when I try to start them I get this error:

I imagine that this is connected in some way but I have no clue how to fix it.

Sulphuric Glue, Nov 23, 2021
Thema:

The Windows Audio service could not be started.

1. The Windows Audio service could not be started. - Similar Threads - Audio service started

2. Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer?: Yesterday I was playing games and my audio randomly stopped. I decided I would just turn it off for the day, however on logging on today, the issue persists. I have tried going into the services program and starting the audio service manually but I get this error:How do I fix...
  3. Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer?: Yesterday I was playing games and my audio randomly stopped. I decided I would just turn it off for the day, however on logging on today, the issue persists. I have tried going into the services program and starting the audio service manually but I get this error:How do I fix...
  4. Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows could not start the windows audio service on local compute. Error1069: The Service...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows could not start the windows audio service on local compute. Error1069: The Service...: I was having audio problems on my PC Windows 10, the icon on the tool bar would not work. I tried the troubleshooting feature to no avail. Then I went into services and went to properties to see if I could make adjustments there. Instead, I ended up creating a complete loss...
  6. Windows could not start the windows audio service on local compute. Error1069: The Service...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not start the windows audio service on local compute. Error1069: The Service...: I was having audio problems on my PC Windows 10, the icon on the tool bar would not work. I tried the troubleshooting feature to no avail. Then I went into services and went to properties to see if I could make adjustments there. Instead, I ended up creating a complete loss...
  7. Windows could not start the windows audio service on local compute. Error1069: The Service...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. The Windows Audio service could not be started.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Windows Audio service could not be started.: My Laptop Just restarted and after the restart i found the Icon of Audio with that red X flag.when i click it tell me "The Audio Service is not running" when i try to restart it as Admin from Services or using CMD as administrator it does not work.i tried both solutions...
  9. The Windows Audio service could not be started.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows Audio service could not be started.: My Laptop Just restarted and after the restart i found the Icon of Audio with that red X flag.when i click it tell me "The Audio Service is not running" when i try to restart it as Admin from Services or using CMD as administrator it does not work.i tried both solutions...
  10. Windows Defender Service Could Not Be Started

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Service Could Not Be Started: Split from this thread. windows defender problem show that the service couldn't be started please help this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-service-could-not-be-started/be1665ae-e9b4-4641-bc7f-94ca3200a6dd