Windows 10: The windows f1 hotkey

Discus and support The windows f1 hotkey in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need help disabling the f1 hotkey in Windows 10. It is annoying when in game, or anytime i am on my laptop. Please help -PaintTray... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaintTray, Feb 10, 2021.

1. PaintTray Win User

The windows f1 hotkey

I need help disabling the f1 hotkey in Windows 10. It is annoying when in game, or anytime i am on my laptop.
    Please help
    -PaintTray

:)

PaintTray, Feb 10, 2021
  2. darkf0xx Win User

F1 hotkey remove for edge browser

Ive been trying to remove the F1 hotkey to stop bringing up the edge browser, i try and hit escape on my laptop and i keep accidentally clicking F1, its really annoying

darkf0xx, Feb 10, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    F1 hotkey remove for edge browser

Thank you for your reply.

It stopped it for me... Make sure it's in your tray, or you could check your task manager for the process.

Here's the ahk file running:

The windows f1 hotkey [​IMG]

Without that F1 takes me to
    how to get help in windows 10 - Bing

With it running- no response.

dalchina, Feb 10, 2021
  4. JojoTimes Win User

The windows f1 hotkey

f1-f12 hotkeys

I have an HP Pavilion laptop with a Windows 10 operating system. I've been trying to disable the f1 through f12 hotkeys so I can use them to play Minecraft, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. I've tried searching for gpedit in my search
    bar but nothing comes up other than internet search results and YouTube videos that I don't completely trust.

Can anybody help me solve this issue?

JojoTimes, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

The windows f1 hotkey

1. The windows f1 hotkey - Similar Threads - hotkey

2. Command Prompt, standard Hotkeys don't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt, standard Hotkeys don't work.: Regarding typing Input to the Command Prompt.Pressing ctrl+a just types "^A".Pressing ctrl+z just types "^Z".Seemingly no option to highlight text, as shift+ctrl+[left]/[right] or shift+[home]/[end] would normally....
  3. Command Prompt, standard Hotkeys don't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt, standard Hotkeys don't work.: Regarding typing Input to the Command Prompt.Pressing ctrl+a just types "^A".Pressing ctrl+z just types "^Z".Seemingly no option to highlight text, as shift+ctrl+[left]/[right] or shift+[home]/[end] would normally....
  4. what i need to do if on my HP laptop hp hotkey UWP Servise running on my CPU 30%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what i need to do if on my HP laptop hp hotkey UWP Servise running on my CPU 30%: what i need to do if on my HP laptop hp hotkey UWP Servise running on my CPU 30% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-i-need-to-do-if-on-my-hp-laptop-hp-hotkey-uwp/174d2f42-5cab-47c8-8c5e-665e1f1b2440
  5. what i need to do if on my HP laptop hp hotkey UWP Servise running on my CPU 30%

what i need to do if on my HP laptop hp hotkey UWP Servise running on my CPU 30%: what i need to do if on my HP laptop hp hotkey UWP Servise running on my CPU 30% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-i-need-to-do-if-on-my-hp-laptop-hp-hotkey-uwp/174d2f42-5cab-47c8-8c5e-665e1f1b2440
  6. what i need to do if on my HP laptop hp hotkey UWP Servise running on my CPU 30%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How do I change hotkey combination to open extended context menu in explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change hotkey combination to open extended context menu in explorer?: I bought a new laptop with pre-installed Windows 11 Pro, and for some reason it has a different key combination compared to my old laptop with Windows 11 Home to open extended context menu in explorer - SHIFT + F10. I used SHIFT + RIGHT_CLICK for many years and I am very...
  8. How do I change hotkey combination to open extended context menu in explorer?

How do I change hotkey combination to open extended context menu in explorer?: I bought a new laptop with pre-installed Windows 11 Pro, and for some reason it has a different key combination compared to my old laptop with Windows 11 Home to open extended context menu in explorer - SHIFT + F10. I used SHIFT + RIGHT_CLICK for many years and I am very...
  9. After upgrade to Windows 11, Fn+F4 Mute Hotkey does not mute microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After upgrade to Windows 11, Fn+F4 Mute Hotkey does not mute microphone: My laptop is Lenovo Thinkpad T490sAfter upgrade to Windows 11, Fn+F4 Mute Hotkey does not mute microphone, not only this one many Fn+F functions not working, some are working like:Fn+F1 mute the speakersFn+F2 decrease sound levelFn+F3 increase sound levelFn+F5 increase...
  10. After upgrade to Windows 11, Fn+F4 Mute Hotkey does not mute microphone

After upgrade to Windows 11, Fn+F4 Mute Hotkey does not mute microphone: My laptop is Lenovo Thinkpad T490sAfter upgrade to Windows 11, Fn+F4 Mute Hotkey does not mute microphone, not only this one many Fn+F functions not working, some are working like:Fn+F1 mute the speakersFn+F2 decrease sound levelFn+F3 increase sound levelFn+F5 increase...