Windows 10: The Windows icon is showing white. It no longer opens with a click to display start/shut...

Discus and support The Windows icon is showing white. It no longer opens with a click to display start/shut... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to get the icon back and functioning? I am a novice level computer user.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TerryZB, Oct 22, 2019.

1. TerryZB Win User

The Windows icon is showing white. It no longer opens with a click to display start/shut...

Is there a way to get the icon back and functioning? I am a novice level computer user.

:)

TerryZB, Oct 22, 2019

2. Windows Calculator & Store Not opening and displaying white icon

Hi,

I am new to these forums so I hope this is placed in the correct section. I have been googling for a while now and I cannot find anything which is helping me. About a week ago the calculator started opening and then closing instantly so I tried re-registering the windows apps following a guide which used the powershell and running a command. This unfortunately seems to have made the situation worse and I now get @Microsoft.windowsapps.calculator appearing when I search for the calculator in start and the store displays a white icon and does not open. I have attached screenshots of what happens below:

Calculator:

The Windows icon is showing white.  It no longer opens with a click to display start/shut... [​IMG]

Store:

The Windows icon is showing white.  It no longer opens with a click to display start/shut... [​IMG]

Thanks in advanced

russtech155, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Computer not showing desktop or start icon?

My computer is not showing the desktop icons or the start menu bar... everytime I want to open something i have to use the windows task manager. anyone know why this happens? also when i want to open My Computer properties or something it says I'm missing the RUNDLL32.EXE

Victas2009, Oct 22, 2019
  4. The Windows icon is showing white. It no longer opens with a click to display start/shut...

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

The Windows icon is showing white. It no longer opens with a click to display start/shut...

1. The Windows icon is showing white. It no longer opens with a click to display start/shut... - Similar Threads - icon showing white

2. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening: How I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-icons-not-showing-taskbar-icon-task/7a413e75-c163-46e5-aa97-47532eb56fbc
  3. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening: How I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-icons-not-showing-taskbar-icon-task/7a413e75-c163-46e5-aa97-47532eb56fbc
  4. I opened a software but it is not showing in the display but showing the icon on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I opened a software but it is not showing in the display but showing the icon on the...: when I try to use the method of shift+Right-click the moving option is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-opened-a-software-but-it-is-not-showing-in-the/dbb7490e-293b-4e8e-a35a-f8bd687044eb
  5. I opened a software but it is not showing in the display but showing the icon on the...

I opened a software but it is not showing in the display but showing the icon on the...: when I try to use the method of shift+Right-click the moving option is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-opened-a-software-but-it-is-not-showing-in-the/dbb7490e-293b-4e8e-a35a-f8bd687044eb
  6. I opened a software but it is not showing in the display but showing the icon on the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Open Office white icons

Open Office white icons: I just built me another PC and after loading up Open Office all my desktop & file explorer icons for my Calc spreadsheets are white instead of the normal green all my other PC's are showing for the same software. Trying to figure out why this is....After some research one...
  8. Windows 10 Start Search not displaying results; shows blank white

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Start Search not displaying results; shows blank white: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]After installing the latest Cumulative Update on my Windows 10 PC today, I found that my Windows 10 Start Search was not displaying any results – It just showed a blank white screen. If you face this issue, here are [...] This post Windows 10 Start Search...
  9. Windows Calculator & Store Not opening and displaying white icon

Windows Calculator & Store Not opening and displaying white icon: Hi, I am new to these forums so I hope this is placed in the correct section. I have been googling for a while now and I cannot find anything which is helping me. About a week ago the calculator started opening and then closing instantly so I tried re-registering the...
  10. Windows no longer shuts off video display

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows no longer shuts off video display: For some strange reason, Windows 10 will no longer turn off the monitor display. This is happening with only one of my computers and I have looked everywhere and every place I look, it is set to turn off display after 1 hr which is what I have it set to. Windows 10 is up to...