Windows 10: The Windows icon on the taskbar no longer shows tiles or a list of installed programs.

Discus and support The Windows icon on the taskbar no longer shows tiles or a list of installed programs. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Windows icon on the taskbar no longer shows tiles or a list of installed programs. A right click on the touch pad will list a few options and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rich Stoops, Jul 28, 2020.

1. The Windows icon on the taskbar no longer shows tiles or a list of installed programs.

The Windows icon on the taskbar no longer shows tiles or a list of installed programs.

A right click on the touch pad will list a few options and will let me reset or shut down. A left click does nothing. I cannot see a list of the programs or any tiles.

:)

Rich Stoops, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Eddo51 Win User
    Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10

Maybe my comment was ambiguous. I want the list to show longer. When I hover on a taskbar icon, it shows the list for about 4 seconds and then stops showing. I want to show the list of open windows to show as long as I hover over the taskbar icon.

Eddo51, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Jia Chie Win User

The Windows icon on the taskbar no longer shows tiles or a list of installed programs.

Jump lists do not show for Taskbar buttons.

‘Jump List’ that debuted in Windows 7 was one of the mostly used feature in Windows 8 to me. When the ‘Jump List’ failed to show; I tried to create another account to see if that issue was due to corrupted user profile. While it seemed to work initially,
    ‘Jump List’ failed to show up again!

Then by accident, after right-click the icon on taskbar, I immediately click the start button, guess what? The ‘Jump List’ appeared. As I recalled, when start screen appeared on Windows 8, the taskbar did not show up because it was part of the desktop;
    as desktop was somehow designated as an ‘app’ on Windows 8. Obviously, it was wrong for technical reasons. It was no longer designated as so in Windows 10. However, in this case, a new complication arises; that is, taskbar always shows up even in Start Screen
    if it is not configured to be hidden. While ‘Jump List’ may or may not show up when I right-click on taskbar icon; it seems that when I go to ‘Start Screen’, ‘Jump List’ always shows up when I right-click on taskbar icon. It seems to be a bug; but this ‘workaround’
    should be fine to me for the time being until Microsoft fixes this issue.

Jia Chie, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

1. The Windows icon on the taskbar no longer shows tiles or a list of installed programs. - Similar Threads - icon taskbar longer

2. Taskbar shows opened program icons as Blank Spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar shows opened program icons as Blank Spaces: Hi, After the last windows update called "Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2" I have this issue. When I open some programs/Apps, task bar is not showing the related icon. Instead, a blank space appear in the task bar. This happened after the windows updates and I...
  3. Uninstalled programs showing in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" list

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled programs showing in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" list: This is a relatively minor issue, but it's bugging the hell out of me. - Did a "reset" of a lenovo laptop, Mcafee livesafe is one of the pre-installed apps. - I uninstalled Livesafe from the standard windows 10 uninstall menu. It has left behind the option to disable /...
  4. How to show Program icon names in Taskbar of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to show Program icon names in Taskbar of Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Taskbar in Windows 10 comes with a lot of customizations. One of those customizations allows you to show/hide texts beside icons in opened windows […] This article How to show Program icon names in Taskbar of Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  5. Default programs doesn't show list all installed programs

Default programs doesn't show list all installed programs: How to choose multiple media apps to open different audio file types? i want one app to open .mp3 and a different app to open .wav 1 Choose default by type 2 NONE of the apps in the list are what I want and only option "look for app in store" **** not find the already...
  6. menu tiles/icons not showing

menu tiles/icons not showing: after windows upgrade my original menu tiles appear on screen then disappear..how to fix??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/menu-tilesicons-not-showing/e71fc57f-b1aa-4f4c-867e-1ac22ba8f67f
  7. Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing

Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing: Hi All of a sudden, my pinned programmes are no longer showing on my taskbar in Windows 10. The icons are also not showing for programmes currently open so I can't right click to pin. Why has this changed, and how do I revert it back to being able to see programmes on the...
  8. MS Office not showing on the installed list in Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Office not showing on the installed list in Programs and Features: My Windows 10 system does not show MS Office (2016 v.1811 - which is activated and I use regularly) in the installed list under Programs and Features. I have reviewed online help which seems to indicate I have to uninstall and reinstall. I did not purchase install media....
  9. Gmail Tile Icon on Taskbar?

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail Tile Icon on Taskbar?: If I can avoid it I would prefer to not use Windows 10 built in Mail app. What I want to do is have direct access to my Gmail account via the taskbar and/or a tile. Is this possible? 79716
  10. How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar: I have a high resolution screen, so the taskbar seems disproportionately small by default/ In prior versions of Windows I would just increase the taskbar height and icons would adjust in size accordingly, but not so with Windows 10. How can I resize them, or is this deature...