Windows 10: The Windows Photo App will not open a picture

Discus and support The Windows Photo App will not open a picture in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have just updated to ver 2004 and now the Windows Photo App will not open a picture. I can reset and repair it and it will open a picture. If I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by le_flyer, Aug 12, 2020.

1. le_flyer Win User

The Windows Photo App will not open a picture

I have just updated to ver 2004 and now the Windows Photo App will not open a picture. I can reset and repair it and it will open a picture. If I try to open another one, the app hangs.

Need to know how to resolve.

:)

le_flyer, Aug 12, 2020

2. Windows 10: Photos App is not working while opening pictures.

Hi Lowana,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if photo app is corrupt or there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to checked the issue by opening pictures present in the external USB drive?
    • Have you made any changes in the photo app prior to the issue?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter and also check if you are able to access photos app through search bar.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to check if you are able to access Photos app through search bar.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then check if you are able to open the app.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with opening pictures through photos app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Can not open jpeg photos with windows 10 (after deleted the pre-installed "Photos" app)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that if you delete photos app, the pictures that you like to access will open in Windows Photo viewer or the applications which supports the respective format. To open certain images with the apps that you prefer, you will have
    to customize it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below.

• Right click on the pic that you would like to view.
      • Click on Open With.
      • Click on Choose another app.
      • Choose the app accordingly.
      • Place a check mark on Always use this app to open.jpeg.
    I would also like to inform you that even .jpeg pictures can be open with paint application. To check whether the picture is .jpeg format. I suggest you to right click on the picture and click on properties.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 12, 2020
  4. The Windows Photo App will not open a picture

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

The Windows Photo App will not open a picture

1. The Windows Photo App will not open a picture - Similar Threads - Photo App open

2. photos app and pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  3. photos app and pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  4. Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures: Hello,For some unknown reason the Photo App doesn't open when I try to open a picture. It doesn't matter if it's a .JPG or a.PNG or other type of picture it only opens a white screen like the picture below.I've already tried to uninstall and install it on the Microsoft Store,...
  5. Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures

Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures: Hello,For some unknown reason the Photo App doesn't open when I try to open a picture. It doesn't matter if it's a .JPG or a.PNG or other type of picture it only opens a white screen like the picture below.I've already tried to uninstall and install it on the Microsoft Store,...
  6. How to restrict Windows Photos app to open pictures only?

How to restrict Windows Photos app to open pictures only?: Hello, when quickly browsing a folder with both photo and video files, the Windows Photos app will open both types as I scroll. Is there a way to restrict Windows Photos to only open picture files? The options is not available, is there a regedit to stop it from opening...
  7. Photos app randomly hangs when opening a picture

Photos app randomly hangs when opening a picture: Since a week or so, when double-clicking any picture on my PC associated with the Photos app, the app sometimes starts blank and I can't do anything but close it. It then takes about 5 seconds before I can try and open the picture a 2nd time which then succeeds and the Photos...
  8. Recent Problem Opening Pictures with the Photos App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent Problem Opening Pictures with the Photos App: Just a few days ago I started having issues where I would open an image with the Photos app and it would take a while to load and then would just give me a black window. I try again, sometimes I get the same black window after a long load and other times the picture shows up...
  9. opening pictures with closen apps photo viewers

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening pictures with closen apps photo viewers: Hi there, I have an issue here. When i dubble klick on a photo jpg, normaly an app activates photo viewer and you can view the photo. But here i only get the popup screen to choose your app before the photo will displayed When i choose the app i want, and saving it,...
  10. Windows photo app not opening pictures, instant crash to desktop

Windows photo app not opening pictures, instant crash to desktop: As title says, NO pics of any kind open in the app. App also crashes to desktop right after opening. This is on my dads pc in California (I am in Colorado trying to help through teamviewer) Dont know his system specs. What is most common cause and possible solutions? I have...