Windows 10: the windows precision driver on my Hp spectre x360 is trash after the october update

Discus and support the windows precision driver on my Hp spectre x360 is trash after the october update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; scrolling up or down will get laggy and choppy in browsers, edge and chrome. pinch zooming changes the actual page zoom as well, the zoom option you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Adaptix, Oct 30, 2020.

1. the windows precision driver on my Hp spectre x360 is trash after the october update

scrolling up or down will get laggy and choppy in browsers, edge and chrome. pinch zooming changes the actual page zoom as well, the zoom option you find in the top right menu.

before the update, my scrolling was smooth. im using the precision driver, not the synaptics driver. on the start menu and native apps, scrolling is fine.

submitted by /u/Adaptix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Adaptix, Oct 30, 2020

2. HP x360 Spectre Windows Hello No Longer Working

Thanks for the suggestion. For reference (for people coming after me trying to find a solution), the steps Lee is suggesting are as follows:

• Device Security > Security Processor Details > Security Processor Troubleshooting > Clear TPM
    Appreciate the help, Lee, but resetting the TPM using the process above didn't work. All it did was make me reset my PIN and sign in again via my Microsoft account. As I mentioned in my initial post, I have an HP Spectre
    x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, so I've been using the drivers found here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-ae000-x360-convertible-pc/16779579

Also as I mentioned, the latest drivers are installed - that's always my first go-to solution (other than turning it off and on again! the windows precision driver on my Hp spectre x360 is trash after the october update :) ).

Any other suggestions?

MarshallHunt25, Oct 30, 2020
  3. HP Introduces the Spectre x360 Convertible PC

HP today announced the HP Spectre x360, a 13.3 inch convertible PC that delivers an ultra-thin design, the quality customers expect, and performance to get things done.

"Customers are looking for beautiful devices that deliver quality, versatility and portability," said Mike Nash, vice president, portfolio strategy and customer experience, Personal Systems, HP. "The HP Spectre x360 is transformational as it has the productivity of a high end notebook, tablet mode for on the go, tent mode for play and stand mode for watching entertainment in a stunning ultra-thin device."

the windows precision driver on my Hp spectre x360 is trash after the october update HP_Spectre_x360_01_thm.jpg

x360 Design and Experience for Maximum Versatility
    The HP Spectre x360 is designed with an all CNC aluminum chassis and is 15.9 millimeters in height and weighs 3.3 pounds. The device features polished metal on the sides that is achieved using a single machined cut, giving it a jewelry-like finish in a natural silver color.

With the HP Spectre x360, customers get an ultra-thin PC with additional versatility to experience multiple modes in one device. Users can transition seamlessly from notebook mode for work, stand mode for viewing entertainment, tent mode for touchscreen entertainment, or tablet mode for on the go. To ensure the display glides smoothly and stays in place where a user wants it, the HP Spectre x360 has innovative new hinges that contain a set of three spiral gears for synchronized and precise movement. The geared hinge design allows the HP Spectre x360 to maintain the same thin profile in tablet mode that it has when closed.

The HP Spectre x360 includes a full-sized, 1.5 millimeter travel keyboard to offer customers a comfortable and familiar experience. The HP Spectre x360 has an extra-wide glass touchpad for improved day-to-day usability.

Premium Quality, No Compromises
    To give customers the battery life they expect, the HP Spectre x360 features a 56-watt hour battery that precisely fits into the CNC aluminum body. Next, HP looked at the biggest driver of battery drain -- the high-resolution touch display. The touch panel on the HP Spectre x360 is optically bonded to the display, increasing brightness and pulling each pixel up to the surface of the display. On models with the Quad HD display, the HP Spectre x360 takes advantage of Panel Self Refresh (PSR) technology which holds images on the screen to allow portions of the PC to power down when nothing on-screen is moving. As a result of these and other focus areas, the HP Spectre x360 delivers up to 12.5 hours of battery life.

HP improved Wi-Fi reliability and performance in the HP Spectre x360 for home, work and on the go. Based on issues identified in real-world testing, the wireless driver is tuned to improve performance on noisy networks and across a wide range of wireless access points. The new antenna slot design featured at the top of the display allows for effective 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz tuning, in every mode -- whether in notebook, stand, tent and tablet. The result is wireless throughput and connect rates that outperform other PCs.

Power and Smart Features for Productivity
    The HP Spectre x360 supports Intel Core i5 and i7 processors to tackle the most demanding tasks without lag. With a lightning fast SSD up to 512 GB, customers can expect their PC to turn on instantly and load apps quickly.

The HP Spectre x360 supports both a full-size HDMI and DisplayPort 1.2 compatible ports to allow customers to access content across multiple screens. Customers can also take advantage of the built-in Intel Wireless Display technology to stream content on their living room TV. To accommodate multiple devices and accessories, the HP Spectre x360 has three USB 3.0 ports and with HP USB Sleep and Charge, customers can use the HP Spectre x360 to charge their devices on the go even when in sleep mode.

Pricing and Availability
    The HP Spectre x360 is expected to be available in the United States on March 1, 2015 at www.hp.com/spectrex360 and Best Buy on March 15, 2015.

The HP Spectre x360 is available in the following configurations:
    • HP Spectre x360 with Intel Core i5 Processor, Full HD touchscreen display, 4 GB LPDDR3 system memory and a 128 GB SSD is $899.99.
    • HP Spectre x360 with Intel Core i7, Full HD touchscreen, 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD is $1149.99.
    • HP Spectre x360 with Intel Core i7, Quad HD touchscreen, 8 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD is $1399.99.
    The HP Spectre x360 has accessories available today and offered separately, including a HP Premium Leather Sleeve for sophisticated protection and HP Active Pen for writing, drawing, and easy navigation.

Cristian_25H, Oct 30, 2020
  4. MARKDS9 Win User

the windows precision driver on my Hp spectre x360 is trash after the october update

Can't setup Windows Hello after fall update on HP Spectre x360

Hi

Johann Eva,

I am very confused re:your reply. The last reply on the thread was 12/23/2017. My reply on 01/04/2018 is only 10 days after which I don't consider old. Additionally,
    the question "Can't setup Windows Hello after Fall Update on HP Spectre x360" is directly answered by my suggestion to update the driver on the HP TrueVision FHD RGB-IR, which is the camera used in the spectre x360 13" and 15", which will solve
    most problems using Windows Hello after the Fall Creators update with the spectre x360 camera. Regardless, I will post no more.

MARKDS9, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

the windows precision driver on my Hp spectre x360 is trash after the october update

1. the windows precision driver on my Hp spectre x360 is trash after the october update - Similar Threads - precision driver spectre

2. HP Spectre x360 stuck on 35 percent windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Spectre x360 stuck on 35 percent windows update: Hi CommunityWe have an HP Spectre x360 running Windows 10 which is stuck on 35% of a Windows update and eventually hangs.Every time we reboot, it shows the initial post-reboot update screen.How can we break it out of this cycle, please?ThanksQW...
  3. upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360: going to upgrade my HP spectre x360 laptop SSD from 128G to 500Gb, after created a HP recovery USB, face problem during PC recovery at new SSD, it stop itself at 88% and show system error, cannot continues. also failed to download from HP cloud recovery any solutions for me...
  4. upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360: going to upgrade my HP spectre x360 laptop SSD from 128G to 500Gb, after created a HP recovery USB, face problem during PC recovery at new SSD, it stop itself at 88% and show system error, cannot continues. also failed to download from HP cloud recovery any solutions for me...
  5. upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. No sound no microphon HP spectre x360

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound no microphon HP spectre x360: Hello, I've reinstalled Windows 10 home but already no sound. I'm going to update it to WIn 10 october. I've downloaded Bios from HP website, also sound driver, but no result... IntelR CoreTM i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz High Definition Audio Device Driver audio:...
  7. HP Spectre x360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Spectre x360: I installed Outbyte PCRepair on my laptop, and after running, it turned off my laptop to reboot. Now my screen is black and will not turn on, but the laptop turns on. I have tried to reinstall by holding down windows key, B, and power for 1-3 sec. It runs through the...
  8. Latest Precision Touchpad drivers for HP Spectre

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest Precision Touchpad drivers for HP Spectre: Where can I get latest Windows Precision Touchpad drivers to use on my HP Spectre ( 2017 model ) ? I tried the drivers from an earlier post on this sub and they are a huge improvement. However, I am having some issues such as the scroll icon over cursor during scrolling and...
  9. Disable driver signature enforcement HP spectre x360

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable driver signature enforcement HP spectre x360: I want to disable driver signature enforcement. I hold shift and click on restart. I choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click the Restart button. After by pressing F7 or 7 the laptop supposed to restart but the only I see is a black screen. Olso...
  10. HP Spectre x360 convertible

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Spectre x360 convertible: Issue with unintentionally selecting what the cursor pauses over or hovers over https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-spectre-x360-convertible/2b3130e6-c847-4056-900a-7becb47eba11