Windows 10: The windows search function stops working every now and then and i dont know how to fix it

Discus and support The windows search function stops working every now and then and i dont know how to fix it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The windows search function stops working every now and then and i dont know how to fix it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Demonvxv, Jul 31, 2020.

1. The windows search function stops working every now and then and i dont know how to fix it

/u/Demonvxv, Jul 31, 2020
  2. brownm Win User

File folder search function no longer works

As I was looking for files it suddenly stopped being able to find files.
    I have attached a few screenshots to show how it does not find anything; for example "OV" or with ".pdf".
    I have tried every of the following suggestions from the following website:
    Fix File Explorer Search Not Working in Windows 10 - Troubleshooter

brownm, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Jul 31, 2020
  4. MattCorey Win User

The windows search function stops working every now and then and i dont know how to fix it

My search is not functioning

1. Use the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Task Manager.
    2. If you see only a handful programs listed by it click on the "more details" link.
    3. Locate "Cortana" under background processes.
    4. Right-click on the process and select "end task" from the context menu.
    The Cortana process is reloaded right away by the operating system.

i strongly suggest u to follow step by step fix with pictures on Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Easily (2020 Guide) | Geek's Advice

MattCorey, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

The windows search function stops working every now and then and i dont know how to fix it

1. The windows search function stops working every now and then and i dont know how to fix it - Similar Threads - search function stops

2. A problem i dont know how to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A problem i dont know how to fix: I have 2 problems. 1 My Roblox keeps on crashing for no reason and im on windows 10 aswell. I already deleted the cache, already reinstall Roblox more than 5 times, and also tried to update graphics driver. 2 I cant update my graphics driver. Just to let you know, my graphics...
  3. A problem i dont know how to fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A problem i dont know how to fix: I have 2 problems. 1 My Roblox keeps on crashing for no reason and im on windows 10 aswell. I already deleted the cache, already reinstall Roblox more than 5 times, and also tried to update graphics driver. 2 I cant update my graphics driver. Just to let you know, my graphics...
  4. Regular BSOD's and i dont know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regular BSOD's and i dont know how to fix it.: Like the title says. Having trouble with BSOD's. Lately it's getting worse though. For example it happened when I tried updating games via steam doesn't matter which games or on what drive, other times it just happened out of nowhere and on other occasions it says its RAM...
  5. Regular BSOD's and i dont know how to fix it.

Regular BSOD's and i dont know how to fix it.: Like the title says. Having trouble with BSOD's. Lately it's getting worse though. For example it happened when I tried updating games via steam doesn't matter which games or on what drive, other times it just happened out of nowhere and on other occasions it says its RAM...
  6. Regular BSOD's and i dont know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. my "w" key is not working and I dont know how to fix it

my "w" key is not working and I dont know how to fix it: I need help fixing the "w" key because it is not working on the laptop keyboard but it works on usb plug keyboards and digital keyboards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-w-key-is-not-working-and-i-dont-know-how-to-fix/0cb60cf8-7be4-402e-a3c0-8a98b75ec31d
  8. my "w" key is not working and I dont know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my "w" key is not working and I dont know how to fix it: I need help fixing the "w" key because it is not working on the laptop keyboard but it works on usb plug keyboards and digital keyboards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-w-key-is-not-working-and-i-dont-know-how-to-fix/0cb60cf8-7be4-402e-a3c0-8a98b75ec31d
  9. Computer crashed and I dont know how to fix it

Computer crashed and I dont know how to fix it: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x000000000003ffc6, 0x00000000000000ff, 0x0000000000000084, 0xfffff80572a70052. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 3498485b-7614-4357-928a-4bed5ba56c7c. I found this on my...
  10. AN ERROR THAT I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX

AN ERROR THAT I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX: just tell me how to solve this issue[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-error-that-i-dont-know-how-to-fix/0d36ba81-370f-482f-83c5-8a741367b91d