Windows 10: The Windows Security Center Protection Status Delay Fix

Discus and support The Windows Security Center Protection Status Delay Fix in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It seems Windows 10 is giving me a new issue every few bootups. One of the most recent was the missing WSC icon. Windows Defender was running but the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by hello10, Nov 10, 2018.

1. hello10 Win User

The Windows Security Center Protection Status Delay Fix

It seems Windows 10 is giving me a new issue every few bootups. One of the most recent was the missing WSC icon. Windows Defender was running but the WSC icon (MSASCuiL) would not stay in processes when first started.

I was able to fix the issue in the end, but not before finding this information about protection status delay. It was not the solution to my problem; nevertheless, what the article describes was what I always thought was normal process. Never thought it could be tweaked and improved.

:)

hello10, Nov 10, 2018

2. Windows keeps turning off the security center.

Hi Maninder,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type Services.msc then hit enter.
    • Services Console will appear.
    • Find Security Center Service on the right details pane > right click it choose properties >
    • Security Center Properties should appear > on the General Tab
    set start-up type to automatic (Delayed start)

• On service Status Stop and then Start.

If this does not works & error still continues then there are more chances that your system is infected

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with Security Center. Your reply is important to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Nov 10, 2018
  4. The Windows Security Center Protection Status Delay Fix

Shouldn’t the Windows Defender Security Center be monitoring and updating the operational status of third-party AV apps?

Things are getting a little bit fuzzy now that we have two user interfaces for Windows Defender, and two Security Centers (in the Creators Edition), and I’m seeing some pretty obvious inconsistencies in the protection status that’s being reported by
    these different apps. My first clue that there was a problem came from a fluke that causes the Windows Defender Service to fail at startup whenever I use the
    Restart option on this PC, and this startup failure usually crashes the Windows Defender Security Center. The bothersome part, though, is that when the Windows Defender Service fails to start, there’s never any indication of a problem in either the
    old Security Center (Security and Maintenance) or the new Security Center (Windows Defender Security Center) – which is a bit awkward, because this means that the only warning that the Windows Defender Service is stopped is appearing in the old Windows Defender
    UI, which is pretty well hidden away these days in the Creators Edition:

I have Avast Free installed on this PC, with Windows Defender running in its Limited Periodic Scanning mode. So I kind of expected that both Security Centers might completely ignore the status of Windows Defender when it’s running in its Limited Periodic
    Scanning (on-demand) mode. Not a good thing; but I guess it's not really such big deal, because the status of the primary AV app (i.e., the app that’s providing real-time protection) would properly be the main determinant for the protection status. So then
    I turned off all of Avast’s shields, expecting the protection status to be updated for both Security Centers – but this is what I got:

The Windows Security Center Protection Status Delay Fix 76fe4b70-2163-4568-b6b7-64b7b9eaa7ce.png

I actually did get a notification from the old Security Center that Avast was turned off, but not a peep from the new Security Center, and having these two Security Centers contradicting each other certainly can’t be a good thing. Since I’ve seen other
    quirks with Windows Defender on this old machine, I installed Avast Free on my new
    ideapad in order to make sure that this wasn’t just some kind of fluke – but I got exactly the same result. Now, the documentation seems to suggest that there should be a connection, and a commonality, between the two Security Centers with regard to
    monitoring the protection status of third-party AV apps:

The Windows Defender Security Center app uses the Windows Defender Security Center Service (SecurityHealthService or
    Windows Security Health Servce), which in turn utilizes the Security Center service (wscsvc)
    to ensure the app provides the most up-to-date information about the protection status on the endpoint, including protection offered by third-party antivirus products, Windows Firewall, and other security protection.

The Windows Security app

So I was wondering whether this issue with the protection status not updating might be something that was specific to Avast, or if it was something more general. To answer that question, I installed AVG Free on another PC that's running
    the Creators Edition. But once again, I got the same result – turning off both AVG’s
    file shield and its behavior shield resulted in a notification from the old Security Center (Security and Maintenance), but the Windows Defender Security Center never noticed that the primary (real-time) AV app had been turned off. So it’s
    beginning to look like this might be a general issue with the Windows Defender Security Center. Of course you could argue that the Windows Defender Security Center is designed exclusively for Windows Defender users, and that there’s no good reason for it to
    extend the courtesy of monitoring the protection status of third-party AV apps. But that surely goes contrary to the spirit of building an all-inclusive health monitoring app for Windows 10. At the very least, people who use third-party AV apps need to be
    aware of the situation.

GreginMich, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

The Windows Security Center Protection Status Delay Fix

1. The Windows Security Center Protection Status Delay Fix - Similar Threads - Security Center Protection

2. Windows mobility center open with delay .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows mobility center open with delay .: Windows mobility center open with delay 10s on Windwos 10 LCTS build 17763.5122. Open via righ-bottom icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mobility-center-open-with-delay/91ad377a-a4b0-42d1-8423-0484c8aab35a
  3. Windows mobility center open with delay .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mobility center open with delay .: Windows mobility center open with delay 10s on Windwos 10 LCTS build 17763.5122. Open via righ-bottom icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mobility-center-open-with-delay/91ad377a-a4b0-42d1-8423-0484c8aab35a
  4. Windows mobility center open with delay .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i'm missing windows security center /security center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i'm missing windows security center /security center: i'm missing windows security center in services local and its shows windows security center services cant be started https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-missing-windows-security-center-security-center/562640a7-03f6-49c3-9c41-d35f9cafd777
  6. Delivery Status Notification Delay

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delivery Status Notification Delay: hi. why from the last 5 days I am sending Email from Gmail ,I am Getting massages like Delivery Delivery Status Notification Delay Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delivery-status-notification-delay/9e5cb684-c280-4874-92f2-b7890fce08c2
  7. Action Center acrylic delay

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action Center acrylic delay: [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having an issue with the Action Center lately, I can't find any recent info on this issue or any solutions. I've done a clean install of my graphics drivers and I'm using the most recent version of Windows 10 (1909). If anyone has any insight into...
  8. Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History: I recall on older versions of Windows Defender (now Windows Security Center) that you could clear the threat history. I have found no such way in current versions of Windows Security Center. Is there a way to do this? I am on Windows 10 1903. 133451
  9. how to turn on security marlware protection on window security center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to turn on security marlware protection on window security center: how to turn on security marlware protection on window security center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-security-marlware-protection-on/923b1bae-7755-4eb1-a54d-5cd3d0203f18
  10. Hide Account Protection in Windows Defender Security Center

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide Account Protection in Windows Defender Security Center: How to: Hide Account Protection in Windows Security in Windows 10 Hide or Show Account Protection in Windows Security in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Defender Security Center, which contains Windows Defender Antivirus. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Security Center protection delay