Windows 10: The windows settings app crashes every-time I hit advance settings in the update section

Discus and support The windows settings app crashes every-time I hit advance settings in the update section in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The windows settings app crashes every-time I hit advance settings in the update section. Also, when I click on check of updates it keeps searching in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CyrusBritto, Mar 16, 2020.

1. The windows settings app crashes every-time I hit advance settings in the update section

The windows settings app crashes every-time I hit advance settings in the update section.
    Also, when I click on check of updates it keeps searching in an infinite loop.

I am currently running windows 10 version 1909 Build 18363.535.

:)

CyrusBritto, Mar 16, 2020

2. SETTINGS APP CRASHES

Hello, thanks for replying to my question. Fortunately, I was able to solve the problem before viewing your reply. I created a temporary new user account using command prompt and used the new user account to update windows 10. As soon as my windows 10
    is up to date the settings app no longer crash. For the time being, the problem is solved. If in the future this problem surface again I might try the steps you suggested.

Kelsey Mun, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section

My desktop PC has been updated from Windows 10 1809 to 1903 recently. In the latest build 18362.116, Settings app crashes when I click on Apps section. The workaround I have found is to open File Explorer, right-click on C drive and go to Properties. Then,
    click on Disk Cleanup. After it finishes scanning the disk, simply close it and the Settings app does not crash any more. However, this workaround only works before I restart Windows next time.

By the way, when do you plan to fix the broken and buggy Task View animations? And please bring back the transitioning effect between the main Desktop screen and the Shutting down/Restarting screen.

johnwzr0113, Mar 16, 2020
  4. The windows settings app crashes every-time I hit advance settings in the update section

set the updated when shut down the laptop

Hi,

Installing the updates on your device will make sure that your PC is on its maximum performance. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you pause the updates on your computer from the
    Settings. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start > Settings > Update & security.
    • Under the Update settings section, click Advanced options.
    • Turn on the Pause Updates under the Choose when updates are installed
      section.
    • It will temporarily pause the updates on your device for 35 days.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

The windows settings app crashes every-time I hit advance settings in the update section

1. The windows settings app crashes every-time I hit advance settings in the update section - Similar Threads - settings app crashes

2. Windows 11, “Power & Sleep” section inside the settings app crashes every time I access it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, “Power & Sleep” section inside the settings app crashes every time I access it.: Hello,I recently got a new laptop “MSI GF63 Thin 11UC” and I used to be able to access the Power & Sleep settings through the settings app, but all of sudden whenever I try to access it, the settings app just closes itself.I can access the Power Options through control panel...
  3. Windows 11, “Power & Sleep” section inside the settings app crashes every time I access it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, “Power & Sleep” section inside the settings app crashes every time I access it.: Hello,I recently got a new laptop “MSI GF63 Thin 11UC” and I used to be able to access the Power & Sleep settings through the settings app, but all of sudden whenever I try to access it, the settings app just closes itself.I can access the Power Options through control panel...
  4. Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings: Settings app just crashes in some sections of privacy settings location for example.Win version: 10.0.22621Tried, didn't help: 1. sfc scannow2. dism3. resetting app in settingsHere are the logs:1. Application ErrorFailed application name: SystemSettings.exe, version:...
  5. Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings: I can't personalize my taskbar like hiding unnecessary buttons but every time I open the taskbar settings the settings app crashes after about 3 seconds. I checked the Event Manager it shows:My OS information:System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition...
  6. Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings: I can't personalize my taskbar like hiding unnecessary buttons but every time I open the taskbar settings the settings app crashes after about 3 seconds. I checked the Event Manager it shows:My OS information:System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition...
  7. Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings

8. Settings app crashing every time I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  9. Settings app crashing every time I open it

Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  10. Crashing Windows 10 Settings app in update section

in Windows 10 Customization
    Crashing Windows 10 Settings app in update section: This is my new laptop HP Pavilion 15 dk-0050tx. From the very first day i am seeing that many times windows update section does not show all the options as it should. Screenshot attached. Sometimes it does show all the options. And in both condition if i click on any of the...