Windows 10: The Windows "Start" button on taskbar doesn't work with left-click

Discus and support The Windows "Start" button on taskbar doesn't work with left-click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have four computers running Win10. On two of them the windows "Start" button on the task bar doesn't work. So I can't get to Settings or Apps. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CountryBumkin, Jan 14, 2016.

1. The Windows "Start" button on taskbar doesn't work with left-click

I have four computers running Win10. On two of them the windows "Start" button on the task bar doesn't work. So I can't get to Settings or Apps. I can right click on the Start button and get the "right-click menu". All of the other task bar buttons work.

What's going on with this? It used to work. For a while it didn't work on my laptop, now that is working but on two other desktop computers it doesn't work. All computers have same Win10 version and latest updates (although hardware differs some between them).

Can I add the "Settings" and "All Apps" shortcut I would normally get left-clicking on the Start button to the Start button's "right-click menu"?

:)

CountryBumkin, Jan 14, 2016

2. Task bar not working

why my start button (Icon) and the left side of the task bar does not work, a window shows "system call failed" also when click on "taskbar setting" does not come up

RobertoMoller, Jan 14, 2016
  3. Alan B Win User
    After Windows 10 update & activation, can I do a clean install? Yes or No?

In Windows 10 click the Start button. The Start button is at the bottom left of the screen if your Taskbar is in its default location along the bottom of the screen. When you click the Start button a window pops-up. Click 'All apps' at the bottom left
    of this window. A menu of apps. (programs) appears on the left arranged in numerical then alphabetical order. Under 'C' you will find an app. called 'Contact Support'. Click it to run.

Alan B, Jan 14, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

The Windows "Start" button on taskbar doesn't work with left-click

Hey CountryBumkin-

See if there's anything in HERE that might offer some help.

5. snoopy51 Win User
    To access the Settings use the Windows Key + I

To access all program, press the Windows Key the select All Apps

snoopy51, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

The Windows "Start" button on taskbar doesn't work with left-click

1. The Windows "Start" button on taskbar doesn't work with left-click - Similar Threads - Start button taskbar

2. Windows 11 Start button not working Left Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start button not working Left Click: I just updated to Windows 11, Version 22H2 and my left click on my start button no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-start-button-not-working-left-click/78cae092-784c-4b76-843d-a08957ed09ad
  3. Windows 11 Start button not working Left Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Start button not working Left Click: I just updated to Windows 11, Version 22H2 and my left click on my start button no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-start-button-not-working-left-click/78cae092-784c-4b76-843d-a08957ed09ad
  4. Taskbar buttons doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar buttons doesn't work: Hello everyone. I need help for taskbar button doesnt work (wifi,volume,battery,action center,clock). Can anyone help me ? Show available networks doesn't work for me but I can see it on the login screen. 168259
  5. (HELP) left clicking on windows and search button wont work and right clicking on taskbar...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (HELP) left clicking on windows and search button wont work and right clicking on taskbar...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IshaanDewan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ib02af/help_left_clicking_on_windows_and_search_button/
  6. Mouse Left Click doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Left Click doesn't work: I am on a Dell Latitude 7490 running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. The left click on the mouse is not working when click on window pane buttons or when selecting items in start menu, or when pressing options like task manager after pressing ctrl-alt-delete. The weird thing is the...
  7. Start button (except left click) and others dont work with right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start button (except left click) and others dont work with right click: Using window 10 and everything was fine and one day lost the icon tray when right clicking the start button. Did a sfc scannow and came up: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log...
  8. Start button left click nothing happens

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button left click nothing happens: Have a Dell XPS 11. Clicking left on start button should open Cortana and Start Options. Nothing happens. There's a hamburger on the top left which will bring up the start menu, Most Used, Recently Added and File Explorer, Settings, etc. At the bottom, Power Symbol and a...
  9. windows start button no left click

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows start button no left click: Hello I have just upgraded from seven to ten. At first things were ok but I no longer have anything on the windows icon with left click. Also the new browser will not start and internet explorer browser icon went away. Can I do another free upgrade by using system restore?...
  10. Left click on combined taskbar icons (buttons) not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Left click on combined taskbar icons (buttons) not working: I just install windows 10 on my friend's laptop, but it has some issues. - Preview windows don't appear when hovering on taskbar icons. - Left clicking on taskbar icons does not work, the preview windows appear momentarily then disappear right away, this makes me...