Windows 10: The Windows Store will not install after MUCH troubleshooting.

Discus and support The Windows Store will not install after MUCH troubleshooting. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi. I'm not a windows expert, but I am used to researching and following relevant instructions from forums, etc., and I can't find a solution... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by jon123nyc, May 1, 2020.

1. jon123nyc Win User

The Windows Store will not install after MUCH troubleshooting.

Hi.

I'm not a windows expert, but I am used to researching and following relevant instructions from forums, etc., and I can't find a solution anywhere that actually solves this. I'm running Windows 10 Edu, 64 bit. Not relevant but, 32gb ram, 9th gen i7 portable.

After the update last month, my windows apps wouldn't work or update, etc. As I ignored the issue diligently as I don't really use metro apps, withe the exception of DTS and Dolby Atmos via the Dolby Access app, I think it's called, and they were still configured and operating without need of opening the actual app, the Windows Store App disappeared.

I noticed yesterday that Win Def Firewall was giving an error, and as I began to research, I realized that the two might have been related. Errors were saying that it couldn't register with Microsoft. I don't have the links or actual errors anymore, because I, after about 12 futile hours, I opted to reset the PC. Oh yes, It's worth mentioning that among the first things I did was to create a new account, and run AV none found.

Creating a new acct. did not go well, as it was creating them with various other issues, including the ones I was hoping it would fix...a big part in my decision to reset and not post here, yet. I tried the fixes I've done today, but left them out here, for brevity. See below, please.

I tried sys file checker, which found corruption that it couolnd't fix. Ran dism, scanned again, and it found no problems. Scheduled chkdsk for my os drive and my drive partition really with my Program Files Folders. My appdata folders were kept local. It found a few issues, nothing major it's a 2 month old Samsung evo m.2, and fixed nothing in the bigger picture.

So, I reset via Update and Security, keeping ONLY files:

The firewall error is not there any longer, and the few apps I have are working, like calc. They weren't before, or were opening briefly before fc. Dolby and DTS are gone, and I can't use this pc for what I've been using it for. :=\ Because, the MS Store will still not install via Powershell command:
    get-appxpackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

In order here is what I've done today since resetting:

Created or verified existence of C:\Windows\AppReadiness and C:\Windows\AUInstallAgent. as per https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-store-fails-with-0x80073cf9/b8ec2724-b087-4599-8651-0b35760962d6

sfc /scannow - no integrity violations

wsreset.exe - results in "you'll need a new app to open this ms-store link" or something like that

the below mentioned powershell commandlets, and then wsreset again. Same result.

Reboot

I've stopped the services other posts were advised to and then tried the above again.

I have 2 .bat files, one specifically for this issue, that stops those services the other, for windows update issues that the burned in troubleshooter wouldn't fix. which included net cmds, flushing net settings dns, winsock,,etc. Yes, both downloaded from reputable sources, and inspected it myself.

After running the web flush, etc., I rebooted and tried again. Nothing. This is the error given in p[owershell. From what I can see, it's only due to it trying to reinitialize apps that were already working. Some of the error msg had disappeared from the window.

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it
    modifies are currently in use.
    error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed
    Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.18362.449_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] b425b168-1fc6-0008-d571-26b4c61fd601 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID b425b168-1fc6-0008-d571-26b4c61fd601
    At line:1 char:38
    + ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor.
    Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CF9
    error 0x80070490: Unable to update the status for package
    windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy Clear=0x0, Set=0x400.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] b425b168-1fc6-0008-0772-26b4c61fd601 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID b425b168-1fc6-0008-0772-26b4c61fd601
    At line:1 char:38
    + ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : WriteError: C:\Windows\Imme...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], IOException

I followed the instruction in the error and got:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID b425b168-1fc6-0008-0772-26b4c61fd601
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

I don't know if I'm supposed to know where that lot is saved?

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated.

-J

:)

jon123nyc, May 1, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 1, 2020
  4. The Windows Store will not install after MUCH troubleshooting.

Unable to install OneNote from Windows Store

Hi Pete,

Error code 0x8004264b may occur due to a corrupted Windows Store cache. For us to know more about your concern installing OneNote on Windows Store, supply more information by answering these questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Have you checked if you run into the same issue installing another Windows application?
    • What steps have you done so far to resolve this error?

As an initial step, we suggest running the Windows Store apps troubleshooter found on this article:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps
    . This automated tool normally resolves most of the known app concerns.

Additionally, we suggest signing out and signing in to your account to see if there will be any changes. Reset the Windows Store cache if you still experience the same difficulty. This is helpful in rectifying concerns in updating, installing and accessing
    Store applications. To do so, follow these steps:

• Type cmd in the search box, then click on Command Prompt.
    • Type WSReset.exe
    • Allow the process to complete, then restart your computer.

We will be waiting for your response and update regarding this query.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 1, 2020
Thema:

The Windows Store will not install after MUCH troubleshooting.

1. The Windows Store will not install after MUCH troubleshooting. - Similar Threads - Store install MUCH

2. Issue with Microsoft Store and Troubleshooters After Windows Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Microsoft Store and Troubleshooters After Windows Reset: I recently encountered problems with my Windows operating system and decided to perform a system rollback. However, this action led to more issues, prompting me to reset Windows while preserving my personal files.Since the reset, I've encountered the following...
  3. Issue with Microsoft Store and Troubleshooters After Windows Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Microsoft Store and Troubleshooters After Windows Reset: I recently encountered problems with my Windows operating system and decided to perform a system rollback. However, this action led to more issues, prompting me to reset Windows while preserving my personal files.Since the reset, I've encountered the following...
  4. Windows Store Apps troubleshooter missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter missing: I am getting error 0x80860010. Fixes suggest running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter but my Windows 11 laptop doesn't have that troubleshooter in the Other Troubleshooters list. How can I get that troubleshooter so that I can run it?...
  5. Windows Store Apps troubleshooter missing

Windows Store Apps troubleshooter missing: I am getting error 0x80860010. Fixes suggest running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter but my Windows 11 laptop doesn't have that troubleshooter in the Other Troubleshooters list. How can I get that troubleshooter so that I can run it?...
  6. How Much to Store in the Cloud?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Much to Store in the Cloud?: [Windows 10 Pro, v.20H2, build 19042.746] As computing moves increasingly to the cloud, I'm finding myself storing more and more personal data in OneDrive (and Google Drive.) While this is really convenient - and just what Microsoft and Google want - it does make me nervous...
  7. Can't reinstall Windows Store after attempting troubleshooting steps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't reinstall Windows Store after attempting troubleshooting steps: I was trying to fix an issue where my Windows Store wouldn't download or update any apps which was preventing me from opening certain programs. I followed the steps listed by Vijay_Verma's answer in this thread...
  8. Troubleshoot windows store

Troubleshoot windows store: How can I fix this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/troubleshoot-windows-store/343b8d91-bbc9-4aee-ae31-6047f2f3ca43
  9. Troubleshooting Windows Store

Troubleshooting Windows Store: I am trying to show a movie through an HDMI Cable and cast to a TV. The Display, Audio, etc works perfectly fine with every input from my computer [Laptop-HDMI-TV Display], however, when I try to show the actual movie using Windows Store, it does not display the movie on...
  10. Troubleshoot Windows Store Apps

Troubleshoot Windows Store Apps: Hello again! I saw that I had a warning symbol over my Windows Defender Security Centre so I decided to investigate. When I clicked on Device and Performance Health I got a message telling me some apps had stopped working and it gave me the option to open a troubleshooter....