Windows 10: The Windows update did something wrong to the 7.1 surround settings from Steelseries Engine

Discus and support The Windows update did something wrong to the 7.1 surround settings from Steelseries Engine in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I've last updated the recent windows update. And, for some reason, it did something to the 7.1 surround setting; being that it worked just as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NoahRieback, Sep 14, 2019.

1. The Windows update did something wrong to the 7.1 surround settings from Steelseries Engine

Hi!

I've last updated the recent windows update. And, for some reason, it did something to the 7.1 surround setting; being that it worked just as fine in other sites like YouTube and Twitch, but not while I play the games like League of Legends or Minecraft. What do I mean by that is because back before the update I could hear that the bass tones were still present and worked just as fine. But after the update on the other hand I just hear these hollow and bassless sounds almost sounding like I've plugged out the USB port and it distract the hell out of me. I've tried to go to the Device manager and update/uninstall the speakers, but nothing happened; I've tried to go to the enhancements and uncheck "disable all enhancement" box and turn all of the enhancements on, but nothing happened; I've tried to look up some guides and follow them, like one of the reddit posts or literally every thing to solve this issue, but nothing (you guessed it) HAPPENED! No matter how many tries I do, nothing solved this issue. And I suspect that the update did something to my sound settings and the 7.1 surround settings from Steelseries Engine.

So can you guys please help me on how to fix this issue.

:)

NoahRieback, Sep 14, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

SteelSeries Engine Update

14 Aug 2015
    by The SteelSeries Engine Team
    We recently released Engine 3.4.3 with a bunch of bug fixes. Let’s look at what’s new.

Download it here

New features
    • Scripts, such as .bat and .sh, can now be assigned with the ‘Launch Application’ feature.
    • GameSense now uses GoLisp 1.0. Update your hax0rBindings!
    Bug Fixes
    • Fixed an issue where certain keys on non-US layout keyboards would not be recorded properly when recording macros.
    • Renaming macros now updates the names properly in device configuration windows.
    • Fixed key bindings when switching region layouts on keyboards when certain keys don’t exist for that layout.
    • Multiple applications with the same name can now be added to app launch configurations.
    • Fixed a rare issue when deleting a config after cloud-syncing on a fresh install.
    • Keeping SteelSeries Engine 3’s main window open won’t prevent the computer from going to sleep anymore.
    • Default buttons can now be changed to repeat or play N times. (Thanks, MarcoAlex!!)
    • GameSense no longer turns on if you are just spectating in Dota 2.

AsRock, Sep 14, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User

SteelSeries is happy to announce Dota 2 GameSense support in SteelSeries Engine!

We’ve worked with the team over at Valve to bring you another incredible experience.

Configure your SteelSeries gear and customize your lighting effects based on the following in-game Dota 2 events:

• Health
    • Mana
    • Ability Cooldown Timers
    • Item Cooldown Timers
    • Deaths
    • Kills
    • Kill/Death Ratio
    • Kill Streak
    • Reliable Buyback
    • Respawn Timer
    • Status Effects such as Stunned, Silenced, Disarmed, and others
    More info here
    What's New in Engine 3.4.2

Download here: SteelSeries Engine Software - GameSense & Customization | SteelSeries

AsRock, Sep 14, 2019
  4. The Windows update did something wrong to the 7.1 surround settings from Steelseries Engine

GOD do i love My steelseries diablo III mice...yes MICE, i have more than one. *Smile The Windows update did something wrong to the 7.1 surround settings from Steelseries Engine :) couldnt pass up a brand new one in box for $20. thanks for the update @AsRock

the engine is really nice to use, btw

jboydgolfer, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

The Windows update did something wrong to the 7.1 surround settings from Steelseries Engine

1. The Windows update did something wrong to the 7.1 surround settings from Steelseries Engine - Similar Threads - update did something

2. i did a Bios update and Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i did a Bios update and Something went wrong: I did a Bios update and Something went wrong i have an error now that sayscan someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-a-bios-update-and-something-went-wrong/e8dbe6f6-8d31-43ed-a736-ff31565f45ec
  3. i did a Bios update and Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i did a Bios update and Something went wrong: I did a Bios update and Something went wrong i have an error now that sayscan someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-a-bios-update-and-something-went-wrong/e8dbe6f6-8d31-43ed-a736-ff31565f45ec
  4. i did a Bios update and Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update: Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update: Something went wrong: Split from this thread. Hello! I am having the same problem and have done the steps you have listed, could I upload my two logs as well? I have been experiencing this issue for months now and haven't been able to fix it no matter what I try.Help...
  6. Fix SteelSeries GG (Engine) not working on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix SteelSeries GG (Engine) not working on Windows PC: [IMG]A lot of users have complained that SteelSeries GG (Engine) is not working on Windows 11/10 computers. SteelSeries Engine as you may know is updated to SteelSeries GG. Users have reported that the app was working fine, but after the app, it either stuttered or crashed....
  7. Something is wrong with Windows Update.

Something is wrong with Windows Update.: Windows UpdatePublisher detailsIssues foundCheck for Windows Update issuesCheck for Windows Update issuesDetects issues related to Windows Update.DetectedResolve Windows Update issuesCompletedPotential issues that were checkedSome security settings are missing or have been...
  8. Windows Update - "Something went wrong"

Windows Update - "Something went wrong": Hello, Windows Update has stopped working - if I check for updates, I'm told "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later." I've tried the Virtual Agent Get Help, the Windows Update Troubleshooter, and the Windows 10 Update Assistant, but none of them helped. The...
  9. Something wrong with the soundaround in settings 7.1.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Something wrong with the soundaround in settings 7.1.: Hello, When i right click the Sound Button down to the right i press the Sound button and then when I go to Playback and when i click on my Hyper X headset and then press Properties and after that i press advenced and then spatial sound and there when i try to choose Dolby...
  10. There is something wrong with my Windows Update

There is something wrong with my Windows Update: Hello, I can not enable the Windows Update in my computer, although I've tried lots of time. The error code is: 0x80070422 Thank you for reading this....