Windows 10: The Windows update did something wrong to the 7.1 surround settings from Steelseries Engine

Discus and support The Windows update did something wrong to the 7.1 surround settings from Steelseries Engine in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I've last updated the recent windows update. And, for some reason, it did something to the 7.1 surround setting; being that it worked just as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NoahRieback, Sep 14, 2019.

1. The Windows update did something wrong to the 7.1 surround settings from Steelseries Engine

Hi!

I've last updated the recent windows update. And, for some reason, it did something to the 7.1 surround setting; being that it worked just as fine in other sites like YouTube and Twitch, but not while I play the games like League of Legends or Minecraft. What do I mean by that is because back before the update I could hear that the bass tones were still present and worked just as fine. But after the update on the other hand I just hear these hollow and bassless sounds almost sounding like I've plugged out the USB port and it distract the hell out of me. I've tried to go to the Device manager and update/uninstall the speakers, but nothing happened; I've tried to go to the enhancements and uncheck "disable all enhancement" box and turn all of the enhancements on, but nothing happened; I've tried to look up some guides and follow them, like one of the reddit posts or literally every thing to solve this issue, but nothing (you guessed it) HAPPENED! No matter how many tries I do, nothing solved this issue. And I suspect that the update did something to my sound settings and the 7.1 surround settings from Steelseries Engine.

So can you guys please help me on how to fix this issue.

:)

NoahRieback, Sep 14, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

SteelSeries Engine Update

14 Aug 2015
    by The SteelSeries Engine Team
    We recently released Engine 3.4.3 with a bunch of bug fixes. Let’s look at what’s new.

Download it here

New features
    • Scripts, such as .bat and .sh, can now be assigned with the ‘Launch Application’ feature.
    • GameSense now uses GoLisp 1.0. Update your hax0rBindings!
    Bug Fixes
    • Fixed an issue where certain keys on non-US layout keyboards would not be recorded properly when recording macros.
    • Renaming macros now updates the names properly in device configuration windows.
    • Fixed key bindings when switching region layouts on keyboards when certain keys don’t exist for that layout.
    • Multiple applications with the same name can now be added to app launch configurations.
    • Fixed a rare issue when deleting a config after cloud-syncing on a fresh install.
    • Keeping SteelSeries Engine 3’s main window open won’t prevent the computer from going to sleep anymore.
    • Default buttons can now be changed to repeat or play N times. (Thanks, MarcoAlex!!)
    • GameSense no longer turns on if you are just spectating in Dota 2.

AsRock, Sep 14, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User

SteelSeries is happy to announce Dota 2 GameSense support in SteelSeries Engine!

We’ve worked with the team over at Valve to bring you another incredible experience.

Configure your SteelSeries gear and customize your lighting effects based on the following in-game Dota 2 events:

• Health
    • Mana
    • Ability Cooldown Timers
    • Item Cooldown Timers
    • Deaths
    • Kills
    • Kill/Death Ratio
    • Kill Streak
    • Reliable Buyback
    • Respawn Timer
    • Status Effects such as Stunned, Silenced, Disarmed, and others
    More info here
    What's New in Engine 3.4.2

Download here: SteelSeries Engine Software - GameSense & Customization | SteelSeries

AsRock, Sep 14, 2019
  4. The Windows update did something wrong to the 7.1 surround settings from Steelseries Engine

GOD do i love My steelseries diablo III mice...yes MICE, i have more than one. *Smile The Windows update did something wrong to the 7.1 surround settings from Steelseries Engine :) couldnt pass up a brand new one in box for $20. thanks for the update @AsRock

the engine is really nice to use, btw

jboydgolfer, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

The Windows update did something wrong to the 7.1 surround settings from Steelseries Engine

1. The Windows update did something wrong to the 7.1 surround settings from Steelseries Engine - Similar Threads - update did something

2. 'Something went wrong' Importing from Iphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Something went wrong' Importing from Iphone: I have previously imported photos from my phone with no issue, and decided it was about time that that I imported some again. Last night I connected my phone, opened the photos app and began to import the images. I left it to do it's thing and I returned to this message. The...
  3. Windows Update Did Something To My Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Did Something To My Laptop: So windows started an automatic update and i usually interrupt them because they take too long on my laptop and stop at 98% completion, but this time when i did it and got back on everything was gone and i cant connect to the internet and the audio isnt working either. Is...
  4. Windows Update Did Something To My Laptop

Windows Update Did Something To My Laptop: So windows started an automatic update and i usually interrupt them because they take too long on my laptop and stop at 98% completion, but this time when i did it and got back on everything was gone and i cant connect to the internet and the audio isnt working either. Is...
  5. There is something wrong with my Windows Update

There is something wrong with my Windows Update: Hello, I can not enable the Windows Update in my computer, although I've tried lots of time. The error code is: 0x80070422 Thank you for reading this....
  6. something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    something went wrong: I have tried to use the store and send feedback but each time I do I get the something went wrong please try again later 0x8007139f. there is no way to log in, no way to send feedback because this is the only thing that keeps coming back. any help would be great...
  7. somethings wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    somethings wrong: hi I did the windows 10 update and it has made my laptop go crazy I am unable to watch any youtube the sound is fine but the picture breaks up into squares and starts moving backwards and forwards it aslso does it when I try to watch any anime's my laptop is a ADVENT...
  8. Something Went Wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Something Went Wrong: I installed Windows 10 on a tablet. For some reason the camera did not work. What error message do I get..."Something went wrong" Well no kidding. How is that suppose to help me. I would love to have an operating system that spells out the problem in plain language. It...
  9. Is something wrong with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is something wrong with Windows 10?: On all my computers, I downloaded the updater from microsoft website. It showed me that I am not using the latest version of Windows 10, so I used this updater tool, but it will just Download Windows, then Verify and then Download again, and then show me an Error code. The...
  10. Is there something wrong with my soundcard or is it a settings issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there something wrong with my soundcard or is it a settings issue?: Hi there, I bought a new desktop PC about a month ago which has Windows 10 as its operating system. I listen to my music mainly by using my PC and I either use Windows Media Player, MediaMonkey or Foobar 2000. I have noticed that some tracks are not playing correctly....