Windows 10: The windows update that came out on april 14th is ruining my pc and I cant fix it

Discus and support The windows update that came out on april 14th is ruining my pc and I cant fix it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently updated my pc on april 20th, the update was the one that came out on april 14th, this update has being ruining my pc and I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DillonTerleski, Apr 26, 2020.

1. The windows update that came out on april 14th is ruining my pc and I cant fix it

I recently updated my pc on april 20th, the update was the one that came out on april 14th, this update has being ruining my pc and I have tried everything to fix it but I cant, I reset it twice, I tried to uninstall the update but it did not show up, I have contacted tech support 3 times and I have had no help other than being told a update is coming out in may to fix it, I really don't want to wait tell may to use my computer properly. One thing that I hope gets fixed is the fact that the update is causing my memory to act up, I really hope this is the update because if not that's a 200 dollar fix, I ran memtest86 and in the first 45 second there were 6000 errors, if anyone has had these issues and has fixed it please tell me.

:)

DillonTerleski, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Ghboy1 Win User

Slow boot into windows after installing either the March broken updates, or the April 14th security update

After running in safe mode DISM and SFC commands, and tweaking some windows settings, uninstalling the april 14th update drop seemed to have resolved it. I haven't needed to reinstall windows 10 either. The other two updates are still unable to be uninstalled,
    but my boot issue has been fixed so i won't be messing with the updates anyway

cheers for all of you help

Ghboy1, Apr 26, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Xzibit Win User

The windows update that came out on april 14th is ruining my pc and I cant fix it

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Check the date on the one you thought it was. Nov 4 2015 <-That's not June

The rollup does contain the fix.

June 2016 update rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

June 21 2016

Windows Update Client for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: June 2016

This update contains some improvements to Windows Update Client in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. This includes the following:
    • An optimization that addresses long scan time for updates that's reported on some computers.
    • Fix for a Windows Update error 0x8007000E on some computers while they are updating.
    • Some reliability improvements.

Xzibit, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

The windows update that came out on april 14th is ruining my pc and I cant fix it

1. The windows update that came out on april 14th is ruining my pc and I cant fix it - Similar Threads - update came april

2. Windows updates ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates ruined my PC: Hello all,A few days ago my PC was installing updates. My PC tried restarting, turned itself off again, and restarted yet again, but this time I seem to receive no output power, my mouse, keyboard and monitor no longer work, has anyone experienced anything similar to this?,...
  3. Windows updates ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates ruined my PC: Hello all,A few days ago my PC was installing updates. My PC tried restarting, turned itself off again, and restarted yet again, but this time I seem to receive no output power, my mouse, keyboard and monitor no longer work, has anyone experienced anything similar to this?,...
  4. Windows updates ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The April 14th "update" crashed my desktop. Thanks a lot.

The April 14th "update" crashed my desktop. Thanks a lot.: This update crashed my desktop with hundreds of important work documents and training ppts. I tried to re-boot 10 times. Got a black screen with a message that was intended for an IT expert. As such I had to send it in to get a new hard-drive. Cha Ching. Thanks a lot. Cold...
  6. Updates ruined my PC [HELP]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updates ruined my PC [HELP]: Ever since my computer updated 4-5 updates at once, I can't use softwares like Windows Movie Maker, because it zooms in the video. I tried to uninstall them and it's impossible!! I used the exact same software on my mom's computer and she can read them fine. I don't...
  7. Windows update ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update ruined my PC: When I updated my PC, every time I boot up it asks me to run a disk check, if I run the disk check it stops at around 11% and skips the check like nothing happened. When I get to my desktop it just displays my wallpaper and a frozen taskbar. I went into recovery environment...
  8. Windows 10 update ruined my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update ruined my pc: One night I was playing games and shut my computer down after, it said it had to update so I let it do its thing. I opened my computer and continued to log in, I notice instantly it was taking at least 15x the time it normally did. Then when I finally get logged in everything...
  9. Windows 10 update ruined my pc.

Windows 10 update ruined my pc.: The windows 10 update caused my computer to go into a restart loop until I went into cmd and did a backup. now the taskbar doesn’t work and my pc does not recognize my keyboard and ethernet ports. they both function perfectly with my laptop but dont work with my pc....
  10. April 14th 2015 Windows Updates Details

in Windows 10 News
    April 14th 2015 Windows Updates Details: Today, as part of Update Tuesday, we released 11 security bulletins. We encourage customers to apply all of these updates. For more information about this month’s security updates, including the detailed view of the Exploitability Index (XI), visit the Microsoft Bulletin...