Windows 10: The winlogon notification subscriber <TrustedInstaller> took 120 seconds to handle the...

Discus and support The winlogon notification subscriber took 120 seconds to handle the... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past few weeks, my computer has been stuck on the please wait start-up screen with the blue background for exactly two minutes following the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mathhulk, Dec 20, 2020.

1. mathhulk Win User

The winlogon notification subscriber took 120 seconds to handle the...

For the past few weeks, my computer has been stuck on the please wait start-up screen with the blue background for exactly two minutes following the Windows logo and loading icon screen and before the sign in screen. I have not had the time to try and diagnose the problem until tonight and have found in Event Viewer a couple suspicious warnings and errors which I believe are contributing to this slow-down. I was wondering what the simplest possible fix would be, if even possible?

Event Viewer

I receive the following events in order on start-up. I have timed the blue loading screen to two minutes exactly each start-up, which immediately makes me think of something reaching a specific timeout, but I have no idea what the actual issue is.

Catalog Database 3812,D,12 Catalog Database: The database format feature version 9080 0x2378 could not be used due to the current database format 1568.20.0, controlled by the parameter 0x410022D8 8920 JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat.

The winlogon notification subscriber <TrustedInstaller> is taking long time to handle the notification event CreateSession.

The winlogon notification subscriber <TrustedInstaller> took 120 seconds to handle the notification event CreateSession.

As you can see, I would assume the third warning about TrustedInstaller taking 120 seconds to handle the CreateSession notification event correctly matches the two minutes the blue loading screen is displayed.

What can I do about this? Let me know if there is more information I can provide.

:)

mathhulk, Dec 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login

A couple weeks ago, my Windows 10 computer started taking a LONG time to login. The times have been going up and down, with a max of about 15.5 minutes, which happened today. Here's what I've tried to solve this issue:

1. Do a clean boot (no startup programs or services other than Microsoft services).
    2. Defrag/optimize hard drive (not SSD).
    3. Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes.
    4. Check the Event Viewer.

Here I found multiple warnings and errors:

1. Event 6005, The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> is taking long time to handle the notification event (Logon).
    2. Event 7022, The Connected Devices Platform Service service hung on starting. (and a few like it, only with different services)
    3. Event 6006, The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> took 936 second(s) to handle the notification event (Logon).
    4. Event 6004, The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> failed a critical notification event.
    5. Event 6001, The winlogon notification subscriber <Sens> failed a notification event.

After some googling, I continued with the following steps:

5. Disable "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" and "Run logon scripts synchronously" in the Group Policy Editor.
    6. Do an in-place upgrade/repair.

There are probably some other steps I've missed, but I think that covers most of it. I'm fed up with this problem, but I really don't want to have to reinstall Windows. If anyone has any solutions or ideas, I'm open to anything at this point.

Thanks in advance!

JFischer00, Dec 20, 2020
  3. gtspeck Win User
    Error message "<SessionEnv> unavailable" at every bootup - Win 10 Pro 64-bit

You can add me to the list.

The winlogon notification subscriber <SessionEnv> was unavailable to handle a notification event.

The event 6000 and 6003.

Happens on boot up but doesn't show as an error, it's listed in application information.

gtspeck, Dec 20, 2020
  4. kkkwj Win User

Windows 1909 update: The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> is taking long time to handle the notification event (Logon).

Ever since the May 2020 Windows10 1909 update my machine hangs 2 minutes on the login screen after I type in my PIN. The login dots spin for 1.5 minutes before the machine shows the wallpaper, and it's 2 minutes before I see my desktop icons.

It's a new machine, only a few months old, so I think my drivers are all up to date. I updated my GeForce driver anyway. It's a home computer that does not mount any network drives. I do not have any Group Policies configured (such as Run startup scripts
    synchronously/asynchronously).

I have half a dozen of these warnings in the event viewer since the update:

The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> is taking long time to handle the notification event (Logon).

I have done nothing to my profile and have not installed any new software. I scanned my disks (clean), malware (no quarantines), and have no DNS issues that I can think of (this is a home computer hardwired to the house router, which is hardwired to the
    ISP router).

Can anyone help me to debug the problem so that I can restore my previously reasonable login times? Thank you.

kkkwj, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

1. The winlogon notification subscriber took 120 seconds to handle the... - Similar Threads - winlogon notification subscriber

2. Second battery notification?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second battery notification?: After installing the latest update available for windows 10 at this date, I now have a second battery notification in the notification tray.It does nothing if clicked, double clicked, or right-clicked. When hovered on it just says "Battery", no information on percentage or...
  3. Why winlogon took long in boot up?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why winlogon took long in boot up?: My laptop is Inspiron 5559, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD. My laptop is very slow to boot up I know HDD is slow but is this still normal? I already tried the steps here...
  4. The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> is taking a long time to handle the...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> is taking a long time to handle the...: Hi, I've got an issue with my Windows 10 pc. It started yesterday when the computer wouldn't shutdown. Looking through event viewer, the only relating messages are: "The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> is taking a long time to handle the notification event...
  5. The winlogon notification subscriber <TrustedInstaller> took 120 seconds to handle the...

The winlogon notification subscriber <TrustedInstaller> took 120 seconds to handle the...: For the past few weeks, my computer has been stuck on the please wait start-up screen with the blue background for exactly two minutes following the Windows logo and loading icon screen and before the sign in screen. I have not had the time to try and diagnose the problem...
  6. Trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trustedinstaller: I have a problem ,I changed the owner of the entire drive and subfolders from Trustedinstaller to my account. I canceled the change of owner action, but I think many files are assigned to the wrong owner. at first I had typical problems but after typing a few commands (SFC...
  7. Winlogon Init

Winlogon Init: Hi, My PC is under Windows 10 2004 and my boot takes too much time. It's like that since more than a year and I can't recon when it happened and what installation or else could be linked to this change. I did a BT and to me it seems the issue comes from the "Winlogon Init"...
  8. Windows 1909 update: The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> is taking long time to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1909 update: The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> is taking long time to...: Ever since the May 2020 Windows10 1909 update my machine hangs 2 minutes on the login screen after I type in my PIN. The login dots spin for 1.5 minutes before the machine shows the wallpaper, and it's 2 minutes before I see my desktop icons. It's a new machine, only a few...
  9. Took ownership of entire C:/ drive, will switching it back to TrustedInstaller fix it?

Took ownership of entire C:/ drive, will switching it back to TrustedInstaller fix it?: submitted by /u/Whyisnthillaryinjail [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gmy06t/took_ownership_of_entire_c_drive_will_switching/
  10. Notifications on second monitor?

Notifications on second monitor?: I have two monitors, this isn't exactly an uncommon setup at this point in time so I'm hoping there'll be enough people with this need to justify me posting it here. Basically, I want notifications to appear on my secondary monitor, rather than my primary. I've looked around...