Windows 10: The WMS service failed to start due to the following error...

Discus and support The WMS service failed to start due to the following error... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; explorer.exe won't run on startup. On the "Welcome" screen, there's only half startup jingle playing, then it goes black, and the only thing I see is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rzepek2pl, Nov 1, 2017.

1. rzepek2pl Win User

The WMS service failed to start due to the following error...

explorer.exe won't run on startup. On the "Welcome" screen, there's only half startup jingle playing, then it goes black, and the only thing I see is the Command Prompt. I took a look at the Event Viewer. Here's what I found:

The WMS service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

I probably messed something up in the registry editor. I deleted following registry keys:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor

I recovered it from a new user account, but it didn't help. I don't know what to do anymore. The Shell string in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon is good.

:)

rzepek2pl, Nov 1, 2017

2. The Hardlock service failed to start due to the following error: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file.

One service named Hardlock is produced by Sentinel which uses a USB key as a hardware device to lock programs from unlicensed access.

Alan B_964, Nov 1, 2017
  3. The Hardlock service failed to start due to the following error: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file.

any ideas?

Tona Malanos, Nov 1, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

I suggest you backup all important personal data, and do a Reset on your machine.

*Arrow Reset Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

The WMS service failed to start due to the following error... [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Nov 1, 2017
  5. rzepek2pl Win User
    See, that's what I wanted to omit because I just did a reset not a week ago. :/

rzepek2pl, Nov 1, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    If you delete registry keys and the machine goes bonkers, there are not too many choices. If you have an Image backup, restore it.

If not, Reset the box.

You could get an ISO of your Win 10 version and try an in-place upgrade/repair, if you can get that far.

Best to bite the bullet and Reset. And, no offense, stop deleting keys unless you are absolutely positive about what you are doing.

f14tomcat, Nov 1, 2017
  7. rzepek2pl Win User
    Well, if you say so, who am I to talk back? *Wink Will the reset leaving my personal files do? I have gigabytes worth of projects and I don't have any drive to backup it to.

rzepek2pl, Nov 1, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Yes, it will. Read the tutorial. It will delete any apps YOU have installed, but keep store apps and such. You'll need to reinstall any apps. But your files will still be there. Still, back them up first before.

And you can talk back all you want to. That's how we learn............*Smile

f14tomcat, Nov 1, 2017
  9. rzepek2pl Win User
    I've already tried resetting Win10, so I know more or less how it works. Nevertheless, thanks for helping me out. *Smile

rzepek2pl, Nov 1, 2017
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    No problem! Let us know how you make out. Cheers! *Smile

f14tomcat, Nov 1, 2017
  11. rzepek2pl Win User
    I'm refreshing my PC, so I think nothing worse will happen. The bright side of this situation is that I learned (the hard way) to start backing up things that are risky to tamper with. I guess that's the way to becoming an expert: making so many mistakes that there are few to no more mistakes to make. *Wink

rzepek2pl, Nov 1, 2017
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    There are plenty more to make, just haven't found them yet! *Smile Good luck.....you'll be fine.

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. The WMS service failed to start due to the following error... - Similar Threads - WMS service failed

2. the AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failed to start due to the following error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failed to start due to the following error: I found this event error log. Can you help me to fix it? The description is: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19"...
  3. the AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failed to start due to the following error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failed to start due to the following error: I found this event error log. Can you help me to fix it? The description is: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19"...
  4. The WSearch service failed to start due to the following error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The WSearch service failed to start due to the following error: There's a strange man in my house searching through all of my stuff.Apparently this is Ok because he works for Microsoft!I killed him and Microsoft sent another guy, I killed him too ...Microsoft keep sending new guys to search through my stuff.How do I make them STOP ?...
  5. The WSearch service failed to start due to the following error

The WSearch service failed to start due to the following error: There's a strange man in my house searching through all of my stuff.Apparently this is Ok because he works for Microsoft!I killed him and Microsoft sent another guy, I killed him too ...Microsoft keep sending new guys to search through my stuff.How do I make them STOP ?...
  6. The SSGDIO service failed to start due to the following error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The SSGDIO service failed to start due to the following error.: My PC started to get a randomlly BSOD when I'm playing games. It occured while playing and when I closed the game and I don't know why, When I check the event viewer I've got this error, it's said.Event 7000The SSGDIO service failed to start due to the following error: A...
  7. The SSGDIO service failed to start due to the following error.

The SSGDIO service failed to start due to the following error.: My PC started to get a randomlly BSOD when I'm playing games. It occured while playing and when I closed the game and I don't know why, When I check the event viewer I've got this error, it's said.Event 7000The SSGDIO service failed to start due to the following error: A...
  8. the AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failed to start due to the following error

the AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failed to start due to the following error: I found this event error log. Can you help me to fix it?The description is: "The AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failed to start due to the following error: The syntax of the file, directory or volume name is not correct."...
  9. the AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failed to start due to the following error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failed to start due to the following error: I found this event error log. Can you help me to fix it?The description is: "The AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failed to start due to the following error: The syntax of the file, directory or volume name is not correct."...
  10. the AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failed to start due to the following error

in Windows 10 Gaming

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The WMS service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.