Windows 10: The WOF Driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table – DISM error

Discus and support The WOF Driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table – DISM error in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Users may get this error when they try to run DISM to resolve some issues on their operating system. However, sometimes due to corrupted system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 19, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

The WOF Driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table – DISM error

Users may get this error when they try to run DISM to resolve some issues on their operating system. However, sometimes due to corrupted system drivers, DISM fails to complete the process, resulting in the error Error 448, The WOF Driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table. If you are also facing the same issue then kindly read through this article – we will help in resolving it for you.

The WOF Driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table – DISM error The-WOF-driver-encountered-a-corruption.jpg

WOF Driver or wof.sys is more specifically known as Windows Overlay Filter driver. It “overlays” virtual files into a directory that also contains normal physical files. It is an important system file that is required for the smooth working of the Windows operating system. The Windows Overlay File System Filter Driver is unable to start if the FltMgr service is stopped or disabled.

The WOF driver encountered a corruption

Try the following solutions to resolve the DISM error:

1. Start Component Cleanup
    2. Restore Health
    3. Configure an alternative Windows Repair Source
    4. Use Windows installation as the repair source
    1] Start Component Cleanup

Next, execute the following command:

dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

This will clean up the component store so that everything can run properly again.

2] Restore Health

Restart and then Run SFC /scannow in Safe Mode.

Restart your system and see if you can run the following command now:

dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

This should help!

3] Configure an alternative Windows Repair Source

You can configure your system to use an alternative repair source, via a Group Policy setting. This could be helpful in resolving the issue.

4] Use Windows installation as the repair source

To use a running Windows installation as the repair source, or use a Windows side-by-side folder from a network share or from a removable media, such as the Windows DVD, as the source of the files, you can use the following command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess

Here you will have to replace C:\RepairSource\Windows with the location of your repair source.

TIP: Folks who have received Windows Update error 0x80073712 have been known to see this DISM error when they try to run it to fix their Update error. You may need to fix your broken Windows Update using DISM then.

The WOF Driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table – DISM error The-WOF-driver-encountered-a-corruption.jpg
    This article The WOF Driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table – DISM error first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 19, 2021
  2. GuyUpton Win User

Windows 10 start menu not auto closing

It failed the DISM check due to "The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Table.".

GuyUpton, May 19, 2021
  3. SpriteyUK Win User
    gdiplus error Windows 10

Hiya,

Thanks for this - I have been to Livewire, and have run the System File Checker, and DISM.exe - and now have this interesting error :

The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Table.

Error 4448 at 11.5%

I appear not to be alone in this.

SpriteyUK, May 19, 2021
  4. pvhfl Win User

The WOF Driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table – DISM error

sfc and DISM both fail, windows 10 version 1803

Hi,

I'm running a Lenovo G510, originally delivered with Windows 8, but upgraded to 10 about 2 years ago. A failed update uncovered the fact that there may be a problem with the current installation of 1803. sfc /scannow fails with
    the message "windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation". DISM fails with "the WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s resource table".
    CHKDSK appears to complete successfully.

thanks in advance,

pete vh

pvhfl, May 19, 2021
Thema:

1. The WOF Driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table – DISM error - Similar Threads - WOF Driver encountered

2. Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption?: Got error code 0x800f0984 in Windows 10 during 22H2 update--which failed. DISM shows there is driver corruption -- gives "Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption"See a number of ongoing threads with no confirmed approach to fix. Have run troubleshooter, DISM,...
  3. Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption?: Got error code 0x800f0984 in Windows 10 during 22H2 update--which failed. DISM shows there is driver corruption -- gives "Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption"See a number of ongoing threads with no confirmed approach to fix. Have run troubleshooter, DISM,...
  4. Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The WOF Driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table – DISM error

in Windows 10 Customization
    The WOF Driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table – DISM error: When I recently updated windows. For the last two days, suddenly the screen blinks in pink color and some software has been corrupted because after opening it, it does not open when I double click or run as administrator it does not give any response. I can't even uninstall...
  6. The WOF Driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table – DISM error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The WOF Driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table – DISM error: When I recently updated windows. For the last two days, suddenly the screen blinks in pink color and some software has been corrupted because after opening it, it does not open when I double click or run as administrator it does not give any response. I can't even uninstall...
  7. The WOF Driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table – DISM error

8. The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Table.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Table.: Getting error installing windows update on windows 11.Run Update Troubled shooterChecked Disk for errorsTried restoring health through DISMTried SFC /ScanNowTried Component CleanupTried restoring through install.winEvery time it gives same error.Here are some...
  9. The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Table.

The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Table.: Getting error installing windows update on windows 11.Run Update Troubled shooterChecked Disk for errorsTried restoring health through DISMTried SFC /ScanNowTried Component CleanupTried restoring through install.winEvery time it gives same error.Here are some...
  10. Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - WOF driver encountered a corruption: Edition: Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 20H2 OS Build: 19042.746 -------------------------------------------- So I was trying to install the latest "Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 x64-based systems KB4601382 and noticed windows update kept having...