Windows 10: The wrong account pops up on my screen when i boot up. How to delete the wrong account

Discus and support The wrong account pops up on my screen when i boot up. How to delete the wrong account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i boot into windows 10 the wrong account pops up and i have to select my real account. How do i get rid of the wrong account?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidWiseley, Oct 7, 2021.

1. The wrong account pops up on my screen when i boot up. How to delete the wrong account

When i boot into windows 10 the wrong account pops up and i have to select my real account. How do i get rid of the wrong account?

:)

DavidWiseley, Oct 7, 2021

2. Wrong MSN Account Pic keeps coming back

Still having the same problem despite believing that I found the solution.

Issue:
    The wrong MSN Account Picture keeps returning.

Solutions Tried:
    1. Edited and replaced picture in MSN Account settings. Even deleted the wrong picture.
    2. Deleted wrong pic in C:/Users/"me"/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Account Picture.
    This is where the wrong picture eventually returns and appears again in MSN Account settings
    3. Wrong Pic also occasionally appears in Windows Store. After deleting wrong pic in MSN Account, I then reset Windows
    Store using wsreset.exe. Correct pic returns after PC restart, but will, after days, becomes wrong again.
    4. Also removed linked devices from my MSN Account since it was my wife's account Pic that keeps showing up. This helped for a while, but wrong pic eventually returns causing me to repeat Step #2 every time the wrong pic reappears.

I can't stop this from happening. Regardless of what I've done, the wrong pic will return to Account Settings, and will show up in Windows Store as well.

Is there somewhere I'm not doing to make the change permanent.

Appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

Toronto Cat, Oct 7, 2021
  3. kenkickr Win User
    Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Oct 7, 2021
  4. iamollie Win User

The wrong account pops up on my screen when i boot up. How to delete the wrong account

Deleting User Accounts

Does anyone know how to delete an administrator account from another os on another partition (or using a live cd)?

I dont have access to the administrator account and i need to remove the other administrator account

iamollie, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

The wrong account pops up on my screen when i boot up. How to delete the wrong account

1. The wrong account pops up on my screen when i boot up. How to delete the wrong account - Similar Threads - wrong account pops

2. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.: I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account. I followed the directions on previous threats to correct the situation I logged in on a local account and then switched over to the new MS account. However, the computer, even though I am logged in with a different...
  3. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.: I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account. I followed the directions on previous threats to correct the situation I logged in on a local account and then switched over to the new MS account. However, the computer, even though I am logged in with a different...
  4. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I have a new computer that I set up with wrong Microsoft account. How do I delete wrong...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new computer that I set up with wrong Microsoft account. How do I delete wrong...: See above question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-computer-that-i-set-up-with-wrong/6502221a-e487-479d-9b0c-225abf9199cd
  6. I have a new computer that I set up with wrong Microsoft account. How do I delete wrong...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a new computer that I set up with wrong Microsoft account. How do I delete wrong...: See above question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-computer-that-i-set-up-with-wrong/6502221a-e487-479d-9b0c-225abf9199cd
  7. The wrong account pops up on my screen when i boot up. How to delete the wrong account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The wrong account pops up on my screen when i boot up. How to delete the wrong account: When i boot into windows 10 the wrong account pops up and i have to select my real account. How do i get rid of the wrong account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-wrong-account-pops-up-on-my-screen-when-i-boot/73c3af9e-79b6-4223-b6a0-ee1d980a1ac9
  8. The wrong account pops up on my screen when i boot up. How to delete the wrong account

The wrong account pops up on my screen when i boot up. How to delete the wrong account: When i boot into windows 10 the wrong account pops up and i have to select my real account. How do i get rid of the wrong account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-wrong-account-pops-up-on-my-screen-when-i-boot/73c3af9e-79b6-4223-b6a0-ee1d980a1ac9
  9. This PC boots up on the wrong account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    This PC boots up on the wrong account: This PC was set up new with an MS account. In time I turned to a local account. Now I'm back to an MS account. At logon, there are 3 accounts showing in the bottom left. My name with my profile photo, Administrator, and my name slightly different with no profile photo. I...
  10. wrong microsoft account when setting up laptop

wrong microsoft account when setting up laptop: I just got a new laptop and during set up it asked me for a Microsoft account. Me, being technology illiterate, assumed I didn't have one and so used my mobile number. It turns out both my email accounts are Microsoft accounts so when it then asked me to add an email...