Windows 10: The wrong font is displaying.

Discus and support The wrong font is displaying. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft & Users, I am experiencing this specifically on my Laptop, i've tried it on different computers, its working fine on others but not in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mohit Jangid, Jul 12, 2020.

1. MD4
    md4 Win User

Windows 10 displaying the wrong font

Windows 10 has started displaying the wrong fonts in certain areas, most frequently tab labels and some other dialog boxes. It should be displaying Segoe UI instead of what I think is MS Sans Serif.

To reiterate, 99% of the fonts are the correct font face and size; only a handful of cases seem to revert to stupidly large MS Sans Serif.

I managed to solve this problem once before by tweaking some regional or language setting back to US (from Australia). Unfortunately, I can't seem to replicate the fix by doing what I did before, and I cannot find any useful information, as just about every search is just full of more general font-scaling or blurry-font issues.

This question closely describes my problem, but for Windows XP, and the suggested resolution does not work in my case.

Examples

• Stupidly big tab labels

The wrong font is displaying. wkPjOvE.png

The wrong font is displaying. pmvmktw.png
    • Stupidly big dialog text

The wrong font is displaying. XJjBKmD.png

2. wrong folder fonts

To better assist you, we would like to know more information.

• Are you trying to rename the folder?
    • Are you still getting the wrong display?
    • Do you still prefer using the Microsoft YaHei Light font or the default font?
    • Where did you get or download that specific font?

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Jul 12, 2020
  3. damon zhu Win User

The wrong font is displaying.

wrong folder fonts

Hi marilou,

thank you for your answer,

1,i have tried to rename the folder,

2,it's still the same,

3,i prefer the default font ,and it should default ,cuz it's the new os that i install, i searched on the internet,it says,the default should be YaHei Light font,i try to choose this one,

4,it's included when the os is installed completely,

so can you re appear that wrong display.

damon zhu, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

The wrong font is displaying.

1. The wrong font is displaying. - Similar Threads - wrong font displaying

2. Wrong font displayed for pages on website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong font displayed for pages on website: On usaco.org, the wrong font is displayed for all problem pages, such as http://www.usaco.org/index.php?page=viewproblem2&cpid=992. All other pages such as the home page are displayed fine. For example for the link above my computer displays:but I expect:ignore the green...
  3. Wrong font displayed for pages on website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong font displayed for pages on website: On usaco.org, the wrong font is displayed for all problem pages, such as http://www.usaco.org/index.php?page=viewproblem2&cpid=992. All other pages such as the home page are displayed fine. For example for the link above my computer displays:but I expect:ignore the green...
  4. Font is showing wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font is showing wrong: Several websites are displaying totally wrong font. Also, when using editing software I'm told I am missing the font Futura Medium which I am not, as I have the entire Futura font family installed.SO I suspect the problem is in Futura font, so when websites use this font its...
  5. Font is showing wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font is showing wrong: Several websites are displaying totally wrong font. Also, when using editing software I'm told I am missing the font Futura Medium which I am not, as I have the entire Futura font family installed.SO I suspect the problem is in Futura font, so when websites use this font its...
  6. Wrong system font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong system font: Hi I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, but the system font is partially wrong. It is simply too bug in many places. I have already made sure that the font setting is at 100%. Here is an example from MSSQL SMS: [ATTACH] The last item "Properties" has the correct...
  7. blurry fonts! and no font display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry fonts! and no font display: My fonts blurred out in explorer and even in browser! my Pc was running all good,but suddenly all text from Uc browser to file explorer just went missing! In my desktop , Icons show their name in blurry font and in explorer files show icon but do not have any name on...
  8. wrong font

wrong font: the font on my task bar is one I can't read, how do I change it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-font/7f72be38-b154-4569-a188-b5097717172a
  9. Font Display

Font Display: How do I get windows to allow the correct graphic display of fonts that are not in its standard library of fonts. The fonts in particular are Balloon Bd BT, Balloon Lt BT, and Balloon XBt BT. The Font selector says "This is a scalable printer font. The screen image may...
  10. Display Font

Display Font: So, I have a very cool set up/theme on my computer, or at least I think its very cool! Ya know, as girly as possible yet not over done with pink glitter or any crap like that, just feminine I guess (lol). So I'm looking to change the DISPLAY font to go along with this theme I...