Windows 10: The Xbox App and game bar won't let me sign in to Xbox

Discus and support The Xbox App and game bar won't let me sign in to Xbox in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I click "sign in" the mini-window opens up, flickers a few times and then closes.The Microsoft account for windows is the same one as my xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GabeDonlon, Jun 3, 2021.

1. The Xbox App and game bar won't let me sign in to Xbox

When I click "sign in" the mini-window opens up, flickers a few times and then closes.The Microsoft account for windows is the same one as my xbox account.This isn't happening anywhere else, I can sign in through chrome, but NOT in any windows app.

:)

GabeDonlon, Jun 3, 2021
  2. Ramhound Win User

Xbox Game bar after uninstalling UWP and disabling UAC

The Game DVR feature and specifically the in-game Game Bar that appears in compatible applications, is controlled by the Xbox Universal Windows Platform application, which is one of the default provisioned UWP applications.

Yes

In order to disable the Game DVR you have to disable it within the Xbox application.

Source: How to Disable Windows 10’s Game DVR (and Game Bar)

Once you disable the Game DVR functionality it will stay disabled.

In order to turn UAC competely, open regedit, and navigate to following location.

You are going to have to modify the value of EnableLUA to 0. Setting the UAC setting to it's lowest setting, within the Control Panel on Windows 10, does not actually disable UAC.

Ramhound, Jun 3, 2021
  3. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Jun 3, 2021
  4. The Xbox App and game bar won't let me sign in to Xbox

Cannot open Xbox App game bar

Hi Jamie,

Issues with saving your video clips or using the Game bar on Windows 10 are possibly caused by an outdated Xbox app or a corrupted folder on Windows Explorer. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you move your saved video clips to another folder within
    the PC. The next saved videos will automatically go to the new folder.

If the issue persists, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache. Then, uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to manually update it by following the steps below:

To reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

To update the Xbox App:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.  

You can also sign in to another use to isolate if there is an issue with your profile.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

The Xbox App and game bar won't let me sign in to Xbox

1. The Xbox App and game bar won't let me sign in to Xbox - Similar Threads - Xbox App game

2. Xbox app and Game Bar not working/not signing in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app and Game Bar not working/not signing in.: My Xbox app and Game bar have not been working for quite a while until recently it allowed me to use the social tab in the game bar without the Xbox app... until today when it randomly stopped working. I've looked at many different forums that provided assistance but are now...
  3. Xbox app and Game Bar not working/not signing in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app and Game Bar not working/not signing in.: My Xbox app and Game bar have not been working for quite a while until recently it allowed me to use the social tab in the game bar without the Xbox app... until today when it randomly stopped working. I've looked at many different forums that provided assistance but are now...
  4. Xbox App/Microsoft Store won't let me install a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App/Microsoft Store won't let me install a game: So I've been trying to install Hell Let Loose from Game Pass. The download works fine but when it comes to installing it shows up an error code 0x80073d0d on Xbox App with the description "the deployment operation failed because the volume is offline" on Microsoft Store.I'm...
  5. Xbox Game Bar won't let me view capture location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar won't let me view capture location.: I have tried resetting the app and repairing the app multiple times, and moving the captures after it saves. It saves to AppData/Temp. I should clarify I only have a C: drive, but I was previously messing around with partitions recently, but I have restored order to my system...
  6. Xbox Game Bar won't let me view capture location.

Xbox Game Bar won't let me view capture location.: I have tried resetting the app and repairing the app multiple times, and moving the captures after it saves. It saves to AppData/Temp. I should clarify I only have a C: drive, but I was previously messing around with partitions recently, but I have restored order to my system...
  7. XBOX App won't let me to select drive to install game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX App won't let me to select drive to install game.: Hi all,I am trying to install games for 3 days, tried many "tutorials" from YT how to choose drive,but nothing works. Earlier everything was working fine, but now I guess after last update it won't.Anyone has an idea how to fix it? Screenshoot attached....
  8. XBOX App won't let me to select drive to install game.

XBOX App won't let me to select drive to install game.: Hi all,I am trying to install games for 3 days, tried many "tutorials" from YT how to choose drive,but nothing works. Earlier everything was working fine, but now I guess after last update it won't.Anyone has an idea how to fix it? Screenshoot attached....
  9. Cannot Sign into Xbox Services xbox app, game bar

Cannot Sign into Xbox Services xbox app, game bar: I cannot sign into any xbox app other than console companion or the Microsoft store. I have bought games that I am no longer able to play for whatever reason. Every time I click Sign In, it pops a blank window up for less than half a second and then immediately closes that...
  10. Xbox game bar does not let me record

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox game bar does not let me record: When I try to record on Xbox game bar it won't let me it just says it does not work on desktop or files and I'm not on that I'm on a game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-does-not-let-me-record/53f130f4-c073-4fdf-af45-dcd81c97d3b5