Windows 10: The Xbox app is telling me windows update is disabled when i try to install a game ERROR...

Discus and support The Xbox app is telling me windows update is disabled when i try to install a game ERROR... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; bought the xbox games pass for pc, i try to install any game and it gives me the error code 0x80070422 stating that windows update is disabled when its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cains, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Cains Win User

The Xbox app is telling me windows update is disabled when i try to install a game ERROR...

bought the xbox games pass for pc, i try to install any game and it gives me the error code 0x80070422 stating that windows update is disabled when its very much not and i updated like not even a week ago
    i have windows 10 home edition so i cant edit group policies, registry edit hasnt had any luck ive restarted my laptop many times, ive unistalled and reinstalled the app
    i would assume refreshing my laptop in some way would fix it but i dont really want to go through that if i dont have to

:)

Cains, Aug 15, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Xbox app and Xbox One Updates Rolling Out This Month

Source: Updates Rolling Out This Month: See Who's in a Party, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and More - Xbox Wire

The Xbox app is telling me windows update is disabled when i try to install a game ERROR... [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One

Brink, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Rose W Win User
    XBox install gaming overlay error daily-

I don't use or have anything to do with XBox. In fact I have no idea what it is. I'm assuming now that it is a gaming software. The constant error for the past month of June and to date displayed in relmonitor is :
    'Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800700B7: 9NZKPSTSNW4P-Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay.'

I found the powershell administrative level commands to uninstall Xbox in the forum tutorials.
    (To remove Xbox app from all current accounts on PC)
    powershell -command "Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage"

So although I have never installed this xbox I'm interpreting that this command is to remove it from the list of items that are possible to install.
    Will this signal to Microsoft to stop downloading the gaming overlay item?
    Should this command be run as well
    'powershell -command "Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay* | Remove-AppxPackage"

Rose W, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

The Xbox app is telling me windows update is disabled when i try to install a game ERROR...

New Xbox beta app update available for Windows 10

Source: Xbox (beta) app - Windows Store

Brink, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

1. The Xbox app is telling me windows update is disabled when i try to install a game ERROR... - Similar Threads - Xbox app telling

2. Error Code 0x80073d19 When Trying To Install Game From Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0x80073d19 When Trying To Install Game From Xbox App: I am trying to install the game subnautica from the xbox app. I bought the game off of there and every time I click install it instantly gives me the error code 0x80073d19. I tried uninstalling the xbox app and reinstalling, I updated windows, I signed in and out of...
  3. Error Code 0x80073d19 When Trying To Install Game From Xbox App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code 0x80073d19 When Trying To Install Game From Xbox App: I am trying to install the game subnautica from the xbox app. I bought the game off of there and every time I click install it instantly gives me the error code 0x80073d19. I tried uninstalling the xbox app and reinstalling, I updated windows, I signed in and out of...
  4. Error Code 0x80073d19 When Trying To Install Game From Xbox App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Error 0x80070490 when trying to install games from Xbox PC app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80070490 when trying to install games from Xbox PC app: Hello,I have the PC Xbox app and previously it was working normally, but recently whenever I try to install anything it stops immediately with error code 0x80070490. I have tried all the steps on the troubleshooting page restart, update everything, reinstall the gaming...
  6. Error 0x80070490 when trying to install games from Xbox PC app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x80070490 when trying to install games from Xbox PC app: Hello,I have the PC Xbox app and previously it was working normally, but recently whenever I try to install anything it stops immediately with error code 0x80070490. I have tried all the steps on the troubleshooting page restart, update everything, reinstall the gaming...
  7. Xbox app - Blank window appears when trying to install games, preventing me from...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox app - Blank window appears when trying to install games, preventing me from...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/scainburger [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m9suir/xbox_app_blank_window_appears_when_trying_to/
  8. error when trying to install games from Xbox app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    error when trying to install games from Xbox app: I can't install any games from the App. They always end up with "error: unexpected error". I've uninstalled the Xbox App, formatted the entire drive, reinstalled the app and the issue persists....
  9. 800704c6 When trying to install some game pass games on Xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    800704c6 When trying to install some game pass games on Xbox app: Hello, I have bought the Xbox game pass for pc and tried to install some games like Gears 5, A plague tale, and Halo reach. But for some reason, I always get stuck at 1% or something and it shows the error 800704c6. The weird thing is, when I tried to install Sunset...
  10. Error 0x8004E103 when trying to install Gaming Services, Xbox BETA apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x8004E103 when trying to install Gaming Services, Xbox BETA apps: I am an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber. In December, my Xbox BETA app stopped working to browse and install new games. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and got the above error code when reinstalling. In searching for solutions to this to reinstall Xbox BETA, one...