Windows 10: The XBox Companion is demanding I sign in with 'Hello'. I cannot use Hello. Therefore I'm...

Discus and support The XBox Companion is demanding I sign in with 'Hello'. I cannot use Hello. Therefore I'm... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The XBox Companion is demanding I sign in with 'Hello'. I cannot use Hello. Therefore I'm locked out of my profile. I want to use a different xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BenStephenson2, Oct 25, 2019.

1. The XBox Companion is demanding I sign in with 'Hello'. I cannot use Hello. Therefore I'm...

The XBox Companion is demanding I sign in with 'Hello'. I cannot use Hello. Therefore I'm locked out of my profile.

I want to use a different xbox profile than my windows sign in. My windows sign in works normally, but the alternate identity requires a Windows Hello PIN. I have not set one up not am I able to do so - the option is greyed out and when I attempt it it tells me I cannot use a personal account to use Hello. This is not a work PC, does not have a webcam, no fingerprint scanner, etc. What I do have is a game profile I now cannot use, suddenly, and much progress I am now unable to access.

This was not a problem two days ago. Now it is. All the help pages are either seriously out of date or assume I have a functional PIN but it's not working for some reason. I have never set up windows Hello, a PIN or anything like that. It is my home PC, it hasn't been tampered with by anybody else. I really want to stress here that my lack of 'Hello' use is because it's literally not an option on the settings page, otherwise I'd just use it. Please do not tell me to set up my PIN or Hello, because it literally cannot be done unless there is a setting to change on my home (not work or school) PC that I have missed - it does not recognise any email address as existing and will not permit set up. And I mean any email address, including ones that work for everything else Microsoft related and I've used happily with MS for fifteen years. I need a workaround for the PIN to use my games with my alternate profile, or a way to set up Hello on my PC without purchasing biometric sensors (which probably wouldn't work considering the email rejection issue)

:)

BenStephenson2, Oct 25, 2019

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows Hello supports a growing variety of secured companion devices

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...panion-devices

Brink, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Louis Win User

The XBox Companion is demanding I sign in with 'Hello'. I cannot use Hello. Therefore I'm...

Windows Hello no longer working with my Kinect

I've setup Driver Flighting to receive the beta drivers that let my Kinect support Windows Hello, but I don't get the option to enable it in Sign-in Options.

These are the instructions I followed: Use your Xbox One Kinect to sign in with Windows Hello; How do I configure my PC to receive test distribution drivers?

It used to work before when I was on the fast-track builds, but those broke my Windows and I'm back on Build 10586.104.

Still, I've setup everything properly but can't get it to work.

Here's my registry:
    The XBox Companion is demanding I sign in with 'Hello'. I cannot use Hello. Therefore I'm... sFrpA.png

And here's the drivers failing to update:

The XBox Companion is demanding I sign in with 'Hello'. I cannot use Hello. Therefore I'm... U1gpw.png

I've enabled Developer mode in Settings > For Developers.

Any idea how I can get my Kinect to sign me in with my face again?

Louis, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

The XBox Companion is demanding I sign in with 'Hello'. I cannot use Hello. Therefore I'm...

1. The XBox Companion is demanding I sign in with 'Hello'. I cannot use Hello. Therefore I'm... - Similar Threads - XBox Companion demanding

2. Cannot connect to login.live.com And therefore sign in without the use of a vpn.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to login.live.com And therefore sign in without the use of a vpn.: I'm not sure why, or when this started happening, but it recently became a bit of a major issue. I recently got Sea of Thieves, and when I first tried to run it, the game didn't let me sign in to my account. I initially thought this was just an issue with the game, but every...
  3. Cannot connect to login.live.com And therefore sign in without the use of a vpn.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to login.live.com And therefore sign in without the use of a vpn.: I'm not sure why, or when this started happening, but it recently became a bit of a major issue. I recently got Sea of Thieves, and when I first tried to run it, the game didn't let me sign in to my account. I initially thought this was just an issue with the game, but every...
  4. I can't sign in using Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't sign in using Windows Hello: Whenever I try signing into my laptop, I don't get the option to sign in with my fingerprint scanner. In settings, all of the Windows Hello sign-in options say, "Something Went Wrong". I have already tried: Disabling and enabling the fingerprint scanner driverUninstalling the...
  5. I am not able to sign into the xbox console companion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not able to sign into the xbox console companion: I keep getting the We can't sign you in right now. Try again later 0x409 0x80070422 I have removed the account from windows and re-added it, I have reset the settings in the app, I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have rebooted PC, verified all updates are done....
  6. Sign-in using windows hello.

Sign-in using windows hello.: I cannot select windows hello sign-in options. How can I fix that? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-using-windows-hello/dc1a4f89-5fa4-4416-9b43-04af4880b3db
  7. Hello Sign On

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hello Sign On: Hi, I recently purchased an HP Pavilion x360 , when setting up my sign on options, the Hello option was there ; however it states the camera was not found and that it was unavailable for me to set this option up. is my laptop not compatible for this sign on option?> I also...
  8. Hello sign in

Hello sign in: My Windows hello facial sign in just stopped working. It said I had to set up a PIN, which I did, and the PIN seems to be working OK My password sign in is working ok. I then re set up Hello and the PC said all was ok. when I closed and opened the lid the hello started to...
  9. Using IPhone as a companion device for Windows Hello

Using IPhone as a companion device for Windows Hello: Hello, I connected my Iphone to my pc with the bluetooth interface and set it as my dynamic Lock device. Walking away and getting the lock screen works. But I can't automatically login. Do I have to use an app? If yes, which one? Or is the Iphone not supported as an...
  10. Windows Hello Companion Device Framework

Windows Hello Companion Device Framework: Hi, Microsoft announced that the Windows Hello CDF will be deprecated? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/windows-hello-companion-device-framework Does somebody knows when will the Windows Hello CDF framework be deprecated? 1...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to not have to use a pin to sign into xbox companion