Windows 10: The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install

Discus and support The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to download a game on my PC through the Xbox store after the clearing the necessary space for it but halfway through the download stopped so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Oliver Dickerson1, Feb 27, 2024.

1. The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install

I tried to download a game on my PC through the Xbox store after the clearing the necessary space for it but halfway through the download stopped so I cancelled it and tried again but it said that I had insufficient space on my computers storage and the taken up space matches the amount for the game I did not install. I looked through the installed games I had on my PC and cleared all of it from the x box store but it still will not reduce the amount of storage used by the uninstalled game

:)

Oliver Dickerson1, Feb 27, 2024

2. Xbox Game Pass for PC - Compatibility Issue with Gaming Computers

Hey fellow Microsoft community members,

I'm encountering a compatibility issue between Xbox Game Pass for PC and my gaming computer, and I'm seeking your assistance to resolve it. Here are the specifics:

1. Problem: I recently subscribed to Xbox Game Pass for PC, hoping to enjoy a wide range of games. However, I'm facing challenges while running certain games on my gaming computer.
    2. System Configuration:-
    • Operating System: Windows 10
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-10700K
    • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (10 GB VRAM)
    • RAM: 16 GB DDR4
    • Storage: 1 TB NVMe SSD
    • Error Messages: When attempting to launch certain games from Xbox Game Pass for PC, I encounter error messages such as "Error code XYZ" or "Game crashes upon startup."
    3. Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

• Updated Windows 10 to the latest version.
    • Ensured that graphics card drivers are up to date.
    • Verified game files and reinstalled problematic games.
    • Disabled background applications and antivirus software temporarily.
    I would greatly appreciate any insights or troubleshooting suggestions to overcome this compatibility issue and enjoy a seamless gaming experience with Xbox Game Pass for PC.

Thank you all for your support!

elivejoseph, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Windows Store (Xbox Game Pass for PC (beta))

Recently purchased Xbox Game Pass for PC (beta) and can not download certain games that are included in the pass. When viewing some games in the Windows Store and placing the mouse over the install button it will show a red X and will have no response when
    clicked. Other games have been downloaded with no issue. I have already tried WSreset.exe and have 200gb of free storage space for downloads.

Any suggestions for fixes or troubleshooting would be much appreciated.

TheNeonSky, Feb 27, 2024
  4. The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install

Log-in Failed in Xbox in Asphalt 8 Airborne Game

According to your questions,

• I have 2 games, and there one is a shooting game, there also saying that "Play as guest as we can't sign you in". Another one is the Asphalt 8.
    • Yes, I have signed in successfully in my Xbox app but I can't sign-in in the game.
    • I have not taken any troubleshooting steps.

By Resetting the Windows store, should I have to again download and install the game?

Also, by resetting my game, should I have to again download and install the game?

Because my game's download size is approximately 4 GB, and it would be very difficult to download and install the game.

Please give the answers which I have asked above.

Then it might help me.

Soumyadip Dan, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install

1. The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install - Similar Threads - Xbox store has

2. The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install: I tried to download a game on my PC through the Xbox store after the clearing the necessary space for it but halfway through the download stopped so I cancelled it and tried again but it said that I had insufficient space on my computers storage and the taken up space matches...
  3. The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install: I tried to download a game on my PC through the Xbox store after the clearing the necessary space for it but halfway through the download stopped so I cancelled it and tried again but it said that I had insufficient space on my computers storage and the taken up space matches...
  4. Storage being taken up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage being taken up for no reason.: Notes: i have a lenovo thinkpad e14, 512 gb ssd Windows 11 Home.I have recently noticed that my storage was literally cut in half, and upon further investigation, i found that 331gb of my storage was taken up by installed apps. But looking into them i found that the installed...
  5. Xbox PC Game pass additional storage not allowing games into storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox PC Game pass additional storage not allowing games into storage: Hello,I'm currently trying to download a game via Xbox app, but everytime I try to download these games and I try to put it on my additional storage it refuses. I've looked through a few forums/reddit posts, seeing one telling me to go to setting>general>game install options....
  6. Accidentally turned of PC mid-game installation, now storage space is taken up by seemingly...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally turned of PC mid-game installation, now storage space is taken up by seemingly...: I forgot I was installing Forza Motorsport 7 on my PC last night and turned it off. Only realised this morning that it was a bad idea. Thought that the installation would remove the files, but all of the space that would have been taken up by Motorsport 7 was already taken...
  7. Accidentally turned of PC mid-game installation, now storage space is taken up by seemingly...

Accidentally turned of PC mid-game installation, now storage space is taken up by seemingly...: I forgot I was installing Forza Motorsport 7 on my PC last night and turned it off. Only realised this morning that it was a bad idea. Thought that the installation would remove the files, but all of the space that would have been taken up by Motorsport 7 was already taken...
  8. storage is being taken by Xbox for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    storage is being taken by Xbox for no reason: I recently purchased gamepass and installed sea of thieves 74 GB on drive E and the realized 74 GB storage got taken both from drive E AND drive C! I uninstalled sea of thieves and the Xbox app, I did my best and deleted every possible temp or remaining file I could, but...
  9. storage is being taken by Xbox for no reason

storage is being taken by Xbox for no reason: I recently purchased gamepass and installed sea of thieves 74 GB on drive E and the realized 74 GB storage got taken both from drive E AND drive C! I uninstalled sea of thieves and the Xbox app, I did my best and deleted every possible temp or remaining file I could, but...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade failed, now a bunch of my storage is taken up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade failed, now a bunch of my storage is taken up: I was trying to upgrade my windows 7 computer to windows 10 from a USB, then the installation failed due to error 0xC1900101 0x20017. I restarted my computer to try to install windows 10 again but now I dont even have enough space. My drive had 12GB free and now it only has...