Windows 10: The yellow folder icons have disappeared

Discus and support The yellow folder icons have disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is driving us mad and we can't get help from any crappy online auto answers. When you go into a documents file, all the yellow icons for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Juliet Davies, Feb 25, 2020.

1. The yellow folder icons have disappeared

This is driving us mad and we can't get help from any crappy online auto answers.

When you go into a documents file, all the yellow icons for indivual folders have disappeared.

Please can anyone help?

:)

Juliet Davies, Feb 25, 2020
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

The yellow folder icons have disappeared upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Feb 25, 2020
  3. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin The yellow folder icons have disappeared :D

PVTCaboose1337, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Michael Win User

The yellow folder icons have disappeared

Remove yellow/blue sheild icon from shortcuts

After upgrading to Windows 10, some desktop shortcuts have UAC shield icons. Is it possible to remove them?

The yellow folder icons have disappeared [​IMG]

EDIT: Here's a solution...
    Launch the shortcuts via CMD:

1. Right-click the shortcut to Properties
    2. Click Change Icon, then click OK when its window pops up (necessary step to avoid losing the icon)
    3. Add the following, plus a space, to the beginning of the Target field, leaving the existing path at the end:
      Code:
      Code:
      cmd /c start ""
    I had previously solved this by editing a system icon file, but that method doesn't seem to be working as of update 1607, plus it was a lot more trouble.

Michael, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

The yellow folder icons have disappeared

1. The yellow folder icons have disappeared - Similar Threads - yellow folder icons

2. Desktop icons have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons have disappeared: I restarted my laptop and noticed all my desktop icons have disappeared. Theres also this weird shaded panel at the top of my screen which was never there before. When clicking on the shaded panel, it opens one of the files I had on my desktop.Additionally, when I go to my...
  3. Desktop icons have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons have disappeared: I restarted my laptop and noticed all my desktop icons have disappeared. Theres also this weird shaded panel at the top of my screen which was never there before. When clicking on the shaded panel, it opens one of the files I had on my desktop.Additionally, when I go to my...
  4. Yellow padlock icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yellow padlock icon: Today when I started my computer I saw a yellow padlock icon on my taskbar . When I clicked on it it disappeared. What is it and will it cause any problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-padlock-icon/c3f7a0d6-7f16-47fa-9caf-400b06d79946
  5. Why do I have this yellow icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do I have this yellow icon?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LuisPinaIII [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hopc2t/why_do_i_have_this_yellow_icon/
  6. Icons on pictures have disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons on pictures have disappeared: When I view my folders, the pictures have disappeared. How do I get them back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-pictures-have-disappeared/659eaf3b-ec22-4339-bfec-fac88c2311db
  7. Desktop Icons have disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons have disappeared: All of the icons on my desktop have disappeared. The text for the APPs is there and clickable. All programs appear to work. Also in the FILE EXPLORER even when I have the View marked as show Icons larger, medium etc. they do not show. On the desktop itself I also have it...
  8. Program Icons in a Folder Disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program Icons in a Folder Disappearing: Hi everyone. So I have a weird problem. I have a "Games" folder on my Dektop. It's where I keep my games, shocking, I know. For some reason the isons constantly disappear. Sometimes I set custom icons if I don't like the looks of a default icon, it just helps me identify...
  9. Icons and Folders Disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons and Folders Disappear: This issue just happened twice in the last week. Did a search and there were very old threads related to this but none of the fixes worked. I image my C drive every other day so it only takes about 3 mins to restore, but that's not the point. All the icons on the desktop and...
  10. Desktop Icons Have Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Have Disappeared: Well, I did something, but cannot find out what it was I dis or how to rectify it. This AM when starting Windows 10 Home, I had no icons on the desktop. Using the file explorer>desktop, they are there, so i did not delete them. Somehow I have hidden them from view. The normal...