Windows 10: The Your Phone app isn't finding most recent photos

Discus and support The Your Phone app isn't finding most recent photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm working on a project where I'd like to use OfficeLens to take a picture (and it IS getting saved as a jpg file; I checked), and immediately get it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by caresrg, Mar 3, 2019.

1. caresrg Win User

The Your Phone app isn't finding most recent photos

I'm working on a project where I'd like to use OfficeLens to take a picture (and it IS getting saved as a jpg file; I checked), and immediately get it to my PC with the Your Phone app. I know the app only shows the most recent photos, but I don't mind doing these hundreds of them one at a time, because it will save so much time if I can get it to work. The Your Phone app will not show the most recent photo, however, even if I save it to my phone's Gallery in OfficeLens. It seems to only show photos I take with the camera app. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8.

What's the best way to get this to work?

:)

caresrg, Mar 3, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Photos App won't recognize my Windows Phone

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that the Photos app is not recognizing the Windows phone even though you can import the photos from the Windows phone through File explorer.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Did you tried to connect the Windows Phone to the other USB port and check to isolate the issue?

• Is this the first time you are facing this issue with the Photos app after installing Windows 10?
    Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps to fix the issue.

Step 1:

As you are able to import the photos from your phone through the File explorer, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Make a folder called "testslide" (or whatever in File explorer)

• Put 3 or 4 images which you have imported from the Windows phone to File explorer into the
      testslide folder.

• Open Photos app, click on
      Setting
      (gear symbol) at the left bottom corner).

• Choose Add a folder under the Sources.

• Find this "testslide" folder and add the respective folder.

• Now check whether the Photos app is showing the photos from the selected folder.
    Note: Try to turn off the option
    Show my cloud only content from One Drive in the Photos app settings menu and check to isolate the issue.

If the issue persists, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to run the Windows apps troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below link to run the troubleshooter.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Reference: I suggest you to refer to the section If your PC can’t find your device in the below article and check if it helps.

Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-8/import-photos-videos#troubleshooting

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. The Your Phone app isn't finding most recent photos - Similar Threads - Phone app isn't

2. Most recent update to Microsoft Photo app June 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most recent update to Microsoft Photo app June 2022: So I don't get what Microsoft was thinking with this most recent update to the Microsoft Photo app, it is so annoying and frustrating! I keep sitting here looking at it asking why?! Why would you remove the Menu Bar for Pete's sake????!!!!!! What is a person supposed to do...
  3. Most recent update to Microsoft Photo app June 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most recent update to Microsoft Photo app June 2022: So I don't get what Microsoft was thinking with this most recent update to the Microsoft Photo app, it is so annoying and frustrating! I keep sitting here looking at it asking why?! Why would you remove the Menu Bar for Pete's sake????!!!!!! What is a person supposed to do...
  4. Your Phone App isn't working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your Phone App isn't working.: I am unable to connect my phone to my desktop. It was working before but now it is not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-isnt-working/c8798941-4629-4be6-94ac-0b93fde6f8c3
  5. Your Phone app photos blurred out

Your Phone app photos blurred out: The Your Phone app connects my phone Pixel4 to my PC but when I first start it up says on Windows that they are not connected, but they are. I can receive notifications and text from my phone, but when I look at the photos they are all blurred out and a right click will not...
  6. Your Phone Photos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone Photos: So Microsoft Your Phone shows the last pictures I took. Is there a way to have also images of Whatsapp, Reddit etc to show up? submitted by /u/Hamudinator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbfghv/your_phone_photos/
  7. Your Phone app recent update breaks messages

Your Phone app recent update breaks messages: The latest update of the app has an issue where if you click on an SMS message to read from the list, the header is moved up and there's no way to get back to the message list without restarting the app: [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows photo app going to most recently viewed photo instead of next photo

Windows photo app going to most recently viewed photo instead of next photo: Windows photo app going to most recently viewed photo instead of next photo in the folder using mouse wheel with latest windows update, how do I change it back? in photos settings I have it checked to "view next or previous item" when using the mouse wheel....
  9. Can Your Phone app find the most recent photos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can Your Phone app find the most recent photos?: I use OfficeLens to take photos, which I send to the PC using Your Phone app. This app is supposed to show the most recent photos, I know that. However Your Phone doesn’t show the most recent photos, it only shows photos I take with the camera app even though I will save...
  10. "Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...

"Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...: Hi guys i am trying to troubleshoot my issue for an about month now, still no luck. My phone is clear Android, Nokia 8. As text messages are showing up properly the account must be linked properly. I tried to unlink the phone from my Microsoft account, resetting apps both...