Windows 10: The Your Phone app not connecting only on home Wi-Fi

Discus and support The Your Phone app not connecting only on home Wi-Fi in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can connect my Microsoft Surface Pro 5 to my Galaxy S9+ over Wi-Fi when I'm away from home. But only at my home, it will not connect! Does anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AceAH-64, Jan 8, 2019.

1. AceAH-64 Win User

The Your Phone app not connecting only on home Wi-Fi

I can connect my Microsoft Surface Pro 5 to my Galaxy S9+ over Wi-Fi when I'm away from home. But only at my home, it will not connect!

Does anyone have any idea what setting in my home Wi-Fi rounter may be doing this? I'm using a Linksys EA6400.

Thanks!

:)

AceAH-64, Jan 8, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Amadeus51 Win User

No wi-fi connection

I found the restore points and went back to last month, when the Wi-Fi was still working. I reconnected the router. The control panel says the connection is secure and connected when I tried to get online via wireless rather than DSL, but the icon on the bottom is still the DSL one. Do I have to disconnect the DSL cable in order to use the Wi-Fi or does it matter? The control panel lists both internet connections.

Amadeus51, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

1. The Your Phone app not connecting only on home Wi-Fi - Similar Threads - Phone app connecting

2. Computer connecting to phone hotspot but says "cant connect to this network" for my home wi-fi?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer connecting to phone hotspot but says "cant connect to this network" for my home wi-fi?: So after disconnecting randomly while in a game match my computer now will not connect to my home wifi no matter what I do to try and fix it.my wifi adapter says its working fine i've updated its drivers and I can still connect to my phone it just wont connect to my wifi,I...
  3. Suddenly unable to connect to only my home Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suddenly unable to connect to only my home Wi-Fi: Two days ago I suddenly was unable to connect to my home Wi-Fi for no apparent reasonUnable to connect to network. I installed nothing and changed nothing that I was aware of that could've affected it. I tried to reset the network card, delete it's drivers turn Wi-Fi off and...
  4. Wi-Fi Connects only to certain websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi Connects only to certain websites: So my Wi-Fi allows me to only connect to certain websites. Some websites take time to load and others work fine.A few days ago, I was able to connect to the Wi-Fi network, but Windows said I had no Internet connection. I reset my network in the settings app and this problem...
  5. Wi-Fi Connects only to certain websites

Wi-Fi Connects only to certain websites: So my Wi-Fi allows me to only connect to certain websites. Some websites take time to load and others work fine.A few days ago, I was able to connect to the Wi-Fi network, but Windows said I had no Internet connection. I reset my network in the settings app and this problem...
  6. Wi-Fi Connects only to certain websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Wi-Fi Connects only to certain websites

Wi-Fi Connects only to certain websites: So my Wi-Fi lets me connect only to certain websites. Some websites are slow to load and some work just fine. 1 I have ruled out problems due to drivers since I updated it and the problems persisted. 2 I have also ruled out problems with my ISP since the same network works...
  8. your phone app "Connect your phone to wi-fi"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    your phone app "Connect your phone to wi-fi": I've just upgraded to October update for windows 10, Having issue with "Your Phone Companion" . I am connected to Wi-Fi, my PC and other cell phone is working fine to the network, but when I try to "pair" or "connect" my LGL158VL to the app..I get "connect your phone to...
  9. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  10. Wi-Fi Connectivity

Wi-Fi Connectivity: After Windows 10 upgrade on my HP P7-1420t I lost my ability to connect to Wi-Fi. Network Adapters listed in Device Manager: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Wan Miniports - IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and Network Monitor. Any help in regaining my Wi-Fi...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your phone app not connecting