Windows 10: The "Your Phone" app on Windows shows SMS messages which are in the “Spam & blocked” folder...

Discus and support The "Your Phone" app on Windows shows SMS messages which are in the “Spam & blocked” folder... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,The Google Messages app on Android phones automatically detects junk SMS messages and moves them to a “Spam & blocked” folder. The "Your Phone" app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sparkplug, Aug 23, 2021.

1. sparkplug Win User

The "Your Phone" app on Windows shows SMS messages which are in the “Spam & blocked” folder...

Hi,The Google Messages app on Android phones automatically detects junk SMS messages and moves them to a “Spam & blocked” folder. The "Your Phone" app on Windows shows a list of all Messages regardless of the folder the message is in. There doesn't seem to be any options to specify folders to exclude or include. It should really exclude messages in the "Spam & blocked” by default, but it should at least provide an option to do so. Spam messages can often include dangerous links.Thanks for considering this,Dave Sparks

:)

sparkplug, Aug 23, 2021

2. Spam Texts showing up on Your Phone app

My phone filters any spam text messages to a blocked folder. It didn't used to do this, but now when I use the Your Phone app, all of those blocked texts show back up on my Messages list on my computer. I've used this app for a year and the spam texts
    never showed up until recently. Is there a setting somehow so I can get rid of them on the app? I went and deleted all of the blocked texts from my phone, but since this never was a problem before I'm hoping there's a simple setting change that I can make
    that will make sure this doesn't happen in the future.

Brandon Seigler, Aug 23, 2021
  3. Spam SMS

i get a lot of spam SMS, while you can manually block each number it still is a cumbersome/rather un-effective solution and these spam come from a lot lot lot more numbers than you can manage / always from "new" numbers.

be great that SMS from "numbers not in your contact list" automatically go to this "spam sms inbox" for you to check out later. if there's a number that you want to receive SMS from in the future, you can just "unSPAM" it so next time the number goes straight
    to your regular inbox. otherwise you can clear spam to delete all these sms at once. in a way, it works like the email's SPAM and your regular inbox is kept "clean".

SoniManUtd, Aug 23, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

The "Your Phone" app on Windows shows SMS messages which are in the “Spam & blocked” folder...

Verified SMS and Spam Protection rolling out on Google Messages

Source: https://www.blog.google/products/mes...am-protection/

Brink, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

1. The "Your Phone" app on Windows shows SMS messages which are in the “Spam & blocked” folder... - Similar Threads - Phone app shows

2. Link to Windows Android App Not Showing SMS Messages From Phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link to Windows Android App Not Showing SMS Messages From Phone: I own a Samsung S8 Galaxy Ultra Tablet that has the latest available Link to Windows Android app installed. I logged into my Microsoft account within the app, and I linked the app to my computer. My computer shows both my Android phone and my two Samsung tablets. My mobile...
  3. Link to Windows Android App Not Showing SMS Messages From Phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link to Windows Android App Not Showing SMS Messages From Phone: I own a Samsung S8 Galaxy Ultra Tablet that has the latest available Link to Windows Android app installed. I logged into my Microsoft account within the app, and I linked the app to my computer. My computer shows both my Android phone and my two Samsung tablets. My mobile...
  4. Your phone app SMS history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your phone app SMS history: Hi,I have just setup Your Phone App and my Pixel 4a and it's working great.My question is now does one increase the SMS history length for all the conversations? Presently is only seems to be displaying about 1 month of history.TIAGreg...
  5. Your phone app SMS history

Your phone app SMS history: Hi,I have just setup Your Phone App and my Pixel 4a and it's working great.My question is now does one increase the SMS history length for all the conversations? Presently is only seems to be displaying about 1 month of history.TIAGreg...
  6. Windows "Your Phone" application showing spam messages even they are filtered out in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "Your Phone" application showing spam messages even they are filtered out in the...: This drives me nuts.I have an android phone ATT which does a great job in detecting and removing text msg spam.However, in the "Your Phone" app, they always show. anyways to prevent this?...
  7. Windows "Your Phone" application showing spam messages even they are filtered out in the...

Windows "Your Phone" application showing spam messages even they are filtered out in the...: This drives me nuts.I have an android phone ATT which does a great job in detecting and removing text msg spam.However, in the "Your Phone" app, they always show. anyways to prevent this?...
  8. your phone app sms messages

your phone app sms messages: I have a samsung galaxy note 8 and I used the Your Phone app on it. Now, my messages on the phone are gone but remain in the app on the PC running windows 10. I may have accidentally deleted them on the phone. If I sync with the Your Phone app, will it restore the messages to...
  9. Spam Texts showing up on Your Phone app

Spam Texts showing up on Your Phone app: My phone filters any spam text messages to a blocked folder. It didn't used to do this, but now when I use the Your Phone app, all of those blocked texts show back up on my Messages list on my computer. I've used this app for a year and the spam texts never showed up until...
  10. Your Phone app shows no Messages option

Your Phone app shows no Messages option: Trying to set up Your Phone app to use with my iPhone. Directions say to open the Your Phone app, choose my phone, choose Settings, then choose Messages -- but there is no Messages shown. What am I missing? Please help. TIA...