Windows 10: Theme change doesn't work/ only changes accent color

Discus and support Theme change doesn't work/ only changes accent color in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Hope you guys can help me. I would really like to have some simple dark theme similar to PopOS and Manjaro default. I found some nice ones on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ultimatrix, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Theme change doesn't work/ only changes accent color

Hi,

Hope you guys can help me.
    I would really like to have some simple dark theme similar to PopOS and Manjaro default.
    I found some nice ones on DA, but when I try to use them, barely anything changes.

When I try to change the theme in windows, it only affects the accent color (and sometimes cursor and wallpaper, if they were included), but the visual style stays the same default one.

I'm using v2004, but it was like that on 1909 too.
    I installed uxpatcher, and did everything else from this tutorial
    Guide To Installing Windows 10 Themes by niivu on DeviantArt
    I don't think I did anything wrong. I only tried themes that say are compatible with my version.

I only recently wanted to change w10 theme, but this isn't my first time changing themes on windows.
    I never had this problem back on XP and 7.

:)

ultimatrix, Jan 23, 2021
  2. AidenHong Win User

Color not changing

I was personalizing the theme color, when I accidentally selected "Automatically pick an accent color from my background". It did it wrong, and now the accent color is an ugly barf yellow. I'm selecting other colors, but the accent color just doesn't seem
    to change. It just reverts back when I restart the settings. How do I change the color?

AidenHong, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Sync Theme Windows 10 - Accent Color problem

Hello.

I have a synced theme between my laptop and surface 3. Now, this theme as a Slideshow as Wallpaper, with the accent color picked from the wallpaper. Now, on my laptop everything works fine, everytime (60 seconds) the wallpaper changes, the accent color will
    change. On the Surface 3 this is not happening. I don't know how to fix it and I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you very much

EnricoDeVita, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Theme change doesn't work/ only changes accent color

How do I change the color on my screen

Hi David,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on the query, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the make and model of the computer?
    2. When you say “I have tried everything” please let us know the steps that you have performed?
    3. May I know are you trying to change desktop background color or the theme color in settings page?

Please refer
    Change desktop background and colors
    on how personalize the accent color and check if it helps.

Feel free the get back to us with details and results after performing the steps that were asked and suggested, for further assistance.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Theme change doesn't work/ only changes accent color

1. Theme change doesn't work/ only changes accent color - Similar Threads - Theme change doesn't

2. Windows changes theme/color?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows changes theme/color?: Hello. I have a small issue that I am not sure how to categorize.Normally after startup or a restart, Windows starts up normally. However, after a few minutes, the color changes as if it goes into a night light mode. Sometimes while making changes to the settings ex: auto...
  3. Accent colors changing

Accent colors changing: I use three PC's on a daily basis. Each has its own keyboard and mouse. Periodically each of the three will change the accent colour of the taskbar without input from me. I find this frustrating because I use colour for each computer set-up - so the accent colour, and...
  4. Stop themes changing the colors

Stop themes changing the colors: Every time you change themes the Colors setting reverts to white. Is there any way to force black when the theme changes? It's a tedious little step to switch it back to my preference....
  5. Can't change taskbar and accent colors

Can't change taskbar and accent colors: Hi my name is John, I worked as a software developer for 30 years, programming IBM Mainframes as well as PC's. I am currently retired, my question regarding Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Settings is why in Windows 10 Pro 64-BitVersion 20H2Installed on‎12/‎4/‎2020OS...
  6. Color changing theme

Color changing theme: I was wondering if there anyway to change the colors on specific apps on windows 10. I already know that you can change the entire theme color to something, but what about specific apps like how microsoft edge has a blue color and how microsoft news has a red background...
  7. Windows 10 themes only change color and Mouse

Windows 10 themes only change color and Mouse: Hey, somehow my windows themes are broken. Doesnt matter which theme I apply it will only change color and the mouse. Can I reset this in any way? 35289
  8. How to change accent color?

How to change accent color?: Hi Forum I read on the internet that you can add your own custom accent color thru the registry. I did that but it didn't change my accents in the start menu or on the log off screen. I was wondering is there any other way of changing or forcing windows to accept your...
  9. Accent color keeps changing by itself

Accent color keeps changing by itself: I am experiencing a very strange issue with my color, ever since the November update it keeps changing on its own. It happens after every reboot, and after about 24 hours of being on, the color changes to this ugly pumpkin orange. At first I thought they just changed it when...
  10. Change Accent Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Accent Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Accent Color in Windows 10 How to Change Accent Color of Start Menu, Taskbar, Action Center, and Title bars in Windows 10 Windows 10 has a new black system theme across the Start menu, Taskbar, and Action Center. There is now support for AutoColor which...