Windows 10: Theme Font and Size Changer in Thunderbird 52.7.0

Discus and support Theme Font and Size Changer in Thunderbird 52.7.0 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there I think also with Thunderbird you can enlarge / make smaller the whole workspace (window) by ctrl++ or ctrl-- as the workspace is still based... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Theme Font and Size Changer in Thunderbird 52.7.0

I just tried that. Only would manipulate the active preview pane on the right (I have mine on the right, not bottom).

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018

2. I hope you can help me!

Out of the blue (three days ago), I lost the ability to change the Font Sizing in Thunderbird Email. It has been OK for over the past 12 months or so.

I am running on release # 52.7.0 in Thunderbird and release # 59.0.2 (64bit) in Firefox Quantum. I understand there are some problems with add-ons etc in the above release of Firefox Quantum. By the way, my PC is running on Win10.

I have attempted to download TF&SC in recent days without success and I must admit with some confusion from different support sites.

As I am getting up there in age, my eyes are not what they were. So, you can understand the reason for requesting your help.

Please provide detailed procedures as to how to get TF&SC back on the air in our Email system.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards

Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA

:)

mikeandsylvia, Apr 13, 2018
  3. elie7 Win User
    Contacts font size change N900

but theme customizer is way better, you can adjust anything in it, from fonts size and colour to apps shortcuts size, if you want to install it, make sure you delete font changer first .

elie7, Apr 13, 2018
  4. elie7 Win User

Nokia N900

no don't use font changer, delete it and install theme customizer, its way better, and you can actually choose the fonts type/size..... you'll find it in the app manager, just search fro "theme customizer"

elie7, Apr 13, 2018
  5. clam1952 Win User
    Should be in Tools > Options > Display, leastwise it is here with 52.7.0, also using Firefox Quatum 59.0.2.

clam1952, Apr 14, 2018
  6. In northern New Mexico, the best way is to click on Tools/Add-ons/Extensions; in the Search all add-ons box, enter "Theme font changer" (without the quotation marks,) click on the magnifying glass at the right end of the box.

Do NOT try to find other sources for Firefox nor Thunderbird extensions other than the Mozilla source, unless you have a valid reason for knowing that a given extension is only available from a validated source, usually that of the extension writer. Non-Mozilla-sourced extensions may very well be malware

Not Myself, Apr 14, 2018
  7. Not Myself,

I appreciate your help. However, I followed your directions to the tee in both Firefox and Thunderbird and no go.

TF&SC button to open up this app, cannot be found in any location.

Further help is required.

Thanks,

mikeandsylvia, Apr 15, 2018
  8. Yorky Win User

Hello Mike & Sylvia, same with me. However if you look it up via 'Get Add On's' you will find that due to the recent changes to Firefox the Theme & Font changer are no longer compatible at present. Other Add-On's have had the same trouble however as the designer corrects them they will become available later.
    I hope it won't be too long, I found it most helpful with eyesight failing due to old age but as yet not requiring the use of 'Accessibility Program'.
    Hope that helps.

Yorky, Apr 15, 2018
  9. There is a version that will work with TB 52.7.0, Right click on the link in the message below, save the file, delete any versions of the extension you have installed in TB, the install the saved version:

http://www.rossde.com/ThemeFontSizeC...ire/index.html

There will be a link to the extension's options in the Tools menu, and there is a button for it in the TB Customize menu.

It will not install in FX 59.0.2

Not Myself, Apr 15, 2018
  10. Not Myself,

I feel like a bloody idiot being unable to follow your directions to update TF&SC.

I cannot see the link in the extensions options in the tools menu and there is no button in the customize menu.

Help again!

mikeandsylvia, Apr 16, 2018
  11. What is there to not understand? AS stated, you go to the link that I provided, and there, click on its link, download the file. Go to TB, Add-ons, click on the icon at the top right, select Install Add-on from file (which is how you install any and all TB extensions that you have downloaded,) The extension having been installed, you will the link in the Tools menu, the button in the Customize menu.

If you do not see the link or button, then you have not downloaded and installed the revised version of the extension, which is what I told you to do.

Not Myself, Apr 16, 2018
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    @mikeandsylvia

Maybe a picture would help. The instructions were correct, however they were missing a small piece. When you go to Add-ons, it is Extensions you want to click. Then in the upper right where the tool icon is, click the small(teeny) down arrow, and you will see Install from file. That will open a window for you to browse and find the file to install. I tried to download that extension from the link given, but it was rejected as "corrupt", so I could not test any further.

Theme Font and Size Changer in Thunderbird 52.7.0 [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Apr 16, 2018
  13. Theme Font and Size Changer in Thunderbird 52.7.0

F14 Tomcat,

I appreciate your input.

I also tried to download that extension from the link given, but it was rejected as "corrupt". However, after four attempts it worked and I was able to open the button on the customized menu.

Again thanks for your help.

mikeandsylvia, Apr 16, 2018
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    @mikeandsylvia
    *Thumbs

f14tomcat, Apr 16, 2018
  15. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    I think also with Thunderbird you can enlarge / make smaller the whole workspace (window) by ctrl++ or ctrl-- as the workspace is still based on Firefox even though development of thunderbird has moved elsewhere.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Theme Font and Size Changer in Thunderbird 52.7.0 - Similar Threads - Theme Font Size

2. Enlarging Font in Thunderbird 78

in Browsers and Email
    Enlarging Font in Thunderbird 78: I know this question should be asked in a Mozilla forum some where be I have not been able to find a place to ask a question on any on them regarding TBird. There must be a way to permanently increase the font size in a message window and throughout TBird. Does anyone know...
  3. Thunderbird: font size sent messages very small

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird: font size sent messages very small: Font sizes of received and composed messages are ok. But font size in sent messages is much smaller than when I composed that message. I prefer to have the size larger. I did not find a setting for that. Thunderbird 72.0.2 150001
  4. Thunderbird font is tiny tiny tiny.....

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird font is tiny tiny tiny.....: I am using Thunderbird mail client version 72.0b2 (32 bit) and the font is really small. I can;t figure out how to make it bigger and any add-ons say they are not compatible with this version of Thunderbird. I first tried version 68.3.1 but ran into the same problem. I use...
  5. Thunderbird - working font and size changer addon

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird - working font and size changer addon: Hi folks For latest versions of Thunderbird --if you want font and size changer this updated one works Theme Font & Size Changer (fixed) :: Add-ons for Thunderbird Cheers jimbo 138104
  6. Font and Font Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font and Font Size: I'm in the process of setting up my new laptop and have font questions. How do I change the font to my personal preference and how do I change the size as well? The current one is much too small. I located changing from 100% to 125%, which is problematic and does not...
  7. Foxfilre 57 and Theme and Font Size Changer Not Compatible

in Browsers and Email
    Foxfilre 57 and Theme and Font Size Changer Not Compatible: Since the early days of Firefox I have used the Theme and Font Size Changer add on to increase the text size of the Bookmarks Toolbar. Apparently, It does not work with FF version 57.0. Does anyone know if a compatible version is in the works or if there is a work around so...
  8. Firefox/Quantum Icon size changer

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox/Quantum Icon size changer: I use mainly Cyberfox / sometimes Firefox Quantum and would like to know is there a way to change the size of icons in menu bar...as they are small due my not so good vision. I have tried various customising Firefox add ons but without success as some extensions don't work...
  9. Thunderbird users -- Nice global Font and theme changer

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird users -- Nice global Font and theme changer: Hi there sometimes I always wonder why developers often make standard GUI's, toolbars / menu text sizes etc too TINY - especially on modern large monitors without any way of changing these. Adobe photoshop is a typical example of the GUI with TINY fonts not really...
  10. Thunderbird users Free Font size and theme changer

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird users Free Font size and theme changer: Hi there Those using Thunderbird and are bugged by fonts too small this easy font size and theme changer works very well indeed. (Works in Firefox browser too if you are using that) Theme Font Size Changer :: Add-ons for Firefox [img] To install manually...