Windows 10: Theme section not opening after upgrading to the Creator's Update.

Discus and support Theme section not opening after upgrading to the Creator's Update. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was using a custom theme that I downloaded from the internet before upgrading to the Creator's Update But I deleted it in safe mode basically if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Projonmo112, May 16, 2017.

1. Theme section not opening after upgrading to the Creator's Update.

I was using a custom theme that I downloaded from the internet before upgrading to the Creator's Update
    But I deleted it in safe mode

basically if I go to Right Click>Personalization>Themes
    the settings crash and the Themes section doesn't open in control panel. Any help?

(optional if you need more information)
    After upgrading to the Creator's Update, Screen was black when I logged in (after the message [Hi, we've some prepared some updates for your pc blah blah blah]) I could Alt+Ctrl+Del but it was useless, so I went to safe mode, deleted Uxstyle, enabled ribbon disabler, deleted the custom theme.. then after rebooting, my pc startup was slow af (eg: Dekstop icons loading, loading startup programs and even logging in) so I waited 5 mins, and voila, my Computer was fixed..)

Sorry for my bad english *Sad

:)

Projonmo112, May 16, 2017

2. Windows Explorer crashes when loading theme files

Hello.

Thank you for your answer.

The computer did not crash. Only Explorer hung and restarted when this happened. I was still able to use my computer normally after the crash.

The theme that i was trying to use, works with Windows 10, but that is not the issue. Even if i opened the Windows themes folder, explorer would just han and restart. Yes, the built-in Windows themes folder makes Explorer crash.

I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 Creators update the day before this happened.

I have tried applying the theme in Safe Mode, and the exact same thing happens.

Anything else i can try other than a reformat?

isakdombestein, May 16, 2017
  3. Advanced display settings in the Creator Update

The Advanced display settings in the Creator Update are missing.

The Control Panel - Display is also missing.

Font size changes in apps are also ignored or overwritten.

I'm very reluctant to have to use regedit to fix this or changing the DPI.

It seems that every major Windows update takes away more and more customization features.

The Themes section did not need a change.

Mitch Mesh, May 16, 2017
Thema:

Theme section not opening after upgrading to the Creator's Update.

1. Theme section not opening after upgrading to the Creator's Update. - Similar Threads - Theme section opening

2. Question about downloading themes and appearing in the theme section of personalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about downloading themes and appearing in the theme section of personalization: I have downloaded themes from the store before but for some reason when I tried doing it today 10/13/2020 I was told it was downloaded successfully; but, for some reason it did not appear in the list of themes on the personalization page. I deleted it, re-downloaded it, and...
  3. Mail & Calendar won't open after downgrading from Creators Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail & Calendar won't open after downgrading from Creators Update: Hi I recently updated manually my system to the Creators Update. As a result, It made my pc slow so I decided to go back to the previous version through settings. When I did so, everything came back to normal state except for the Mail and Calendar apps which when I click on...
  4. After upgrading to fall creator, Printer not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After upgrading to fall creator, Printer not working: Yesterday, I upgrade windows to fall creator and now my HP 1020 Plus printer (2017 Mfg) is not working. I ran the MS troubleshooter but it did not find any problem. 97000
  5. Wifi issue after upgrading to windows 10 Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi issue after upgrading to windows 10 Creators Update.: Hello everyone. I'm facing a problem that I've tried to solve by google searches and I have not got it so far. The problem is in my wifi connection. Sometimes I turn on my laptop and I'm already connected, sometimes I see the name of my home network but it tells me that it...
  6. Small issue after upgrading to creator's update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Small issue after upgrading to creator's update: So I just have this error in the event viewer ever since I upgraded to win 10 creators update. Event 7000 Service Control Manager The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following error: The request is not supported. Any idea what service is this tied to?Or why...
  7. Leftover Folder after Creator upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Leftover Folder after Creator upgrade: Disk cleanup did remove \Windows Old, but there is another folder. Running Pro and the folder is C:\windows10upgrade Does anyone else have this and what to do with it ? Only has 19 mb in it. Tnx 86200
  8. After Creators Update: Cant open Windows Explorer, themes problem

in Windows 10 Support
    After Creators Update: Cant open Windows Explorer, themes problem: So I downloaded the new Creators Update over night and in the morning I tried logging into my account. First I had some problems logging in but I eventually managed to fix them. Then, as I log in, all that I get is a black screen and the only way to open apps is via Task...
  9. Color Management not opening after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Color Management not opening after Creators Update: Hello, after putting it off for a while I finally installed the Creators Update for Windows 10. Since then my gamma and color profile has been reset and I've been unable to open Color Management and calibrate my display color. I do not get any error codes, I just get a blue...
  10. Black screen with spinning dots after upgrade to Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with spinning dots after upgrade to Creators Update: I just upgraded my desktop and laptop to the Windows 10 Creators Update. Everything went well and worked properly, until I installed a cumulative update and tried to reboot... Now all I get is a black screen and the spinning dots (like it's booting up), I can see the mouse...