Windows 10: Theme settings not opening with UXstyle installed

Discus and support Theme settings not opening with UXstyle installed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently installed a new windows 10 update, after updating I reinstalled uxstyle and theme patcher, unfortunately when I go to settings >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeeTG3, Jun 9, 2017.

1. LeeTG3 Win User

Theme settings not opening with UXstyle installed

I recently installed a new windows 10 update, after updating I reinstalled uxstyle and theme patcher, unfortunately when I go to settings > personalization > themes, settings crashes! Is there a solution or will I have to wait for an update?

:)

LeeTG3, Jun 9, 2017

2. Windows process keeps on restarting

I have a problem on my laptop, it's running Windows 10 Insider. I installed UXstyle and downloaded a theme. I put the theme files on my desktop then the windows process keeps on restarting and I cannot touch anything

EnriqueDomagas, Jun 9, 2017
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Control Panel being unable to change themes

it never ceases to amaze me how often it is evident that those with a Microsoft badge have not even looked at windows 10.

Microsoft are gradually moving things from control panel to the new Settings UI, with the creators update themes was one of those items removed from control panel.

themes is now in settings -> personalization -> themes

however, this is not the biggest problem you have, get windows working then change the theme.

unless anybody has a better suggestion I would roll back to the previous build, uninstall UxStyle and OldNewExplorer, then get the creators update.

to roll back - settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> roll back to ....

if you are not able to see action center or taskbar or start menu to open settings try windows key + i

Martmcd, Jun 9, 2017
  4. mykou Win User

It's "normal" if you had installed and I presume you did the Creator update.

UXstyle doesn't patch files correctly with RS2( build 1703 aka 15063 ) . Don't expect any update but the only way to get your custom themes working is patching with ultraUX patcher here:
    Homepage M. Hoefs - Software

I 'm still using anniversary build ( 14393 ) for this reason too

mykou, Jun 9, 2017
Thema:

1. Theme settings not opening with UXstyle installed - Similar Threads - Theme settings opening

2. When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?: Whenever I open Settings -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing. Can anyone navigate me on how I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-setting-personalisation-themes-no/0ca94fff-ee6e-4264-9dc0-80253b2254b1
  3. When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?: Whenever I open Settings -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing. Can anyone navigate me on how I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-setting-personalisation-themes-no/0ca94fff-ee6e-4264-9dc0-80253b2254b1
  4. Settings theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings theme: Hello, This might not be the place, but just wanted to induce the idea through people who may, would one day pursue windows developers to do this. So, I wanted to post this a few years back, thought it'd be stupid thing to do, as devs will already be working on this, which...
  5. Display Settings / Themes won't open Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Settings / Themes won't open Help: New to the forums here and love all the info! I can't for the life of me figure out how to undo what I did (or disabled) in windows so that now when I right click the desktop and choose display settings it just closes and nothing happens. Or if I right click the desktop and...
  6. Cant open themes settings under personalization

Cant open themes settings under personalization: Hello, yesterday i installed a new theme under Win 10, but now im not able to popen the themes settings anylonger ! When i click the themes button under the personalization settings for a short times a loading mouse pointer appers and then the settins app is being closed....
  7. UXStyle?

UXStyle?: Is it just me or is uxstyle no longer working after Windows latest build update? All I want is my dark theme back *cry Any comment/suggestion will be most appreciated!! 30574
  8. Windows Themes opens 'Desktop Icon Settings'

Windows Themes opens 'Desktop Icon Settings': I seem to be having a problem with opening Windows Themes as instead of the theme applying as soon as I click on the file, it is opening the 'Desktop Icon Settings' instead (see image). I've never had this problem in the past and have only noticed it since trying to download...
  9. uxstyle

uxstyle: I am trying to install custom themes does anyone know where I can down load uxstyle??????? 35401
  10. Win 10 3rd Party Visual Style Themes w/ UXStyles or Ultra UX Patcher

Win 10 3rd Party Visual Style Themes w/ UXStyles or Ultra UX Patcher: I read somewhere that Visual Styles themes made for Win 8.1 will work on Win 10 using either the patch UXstyles (which works by retaining settings in memory) or "Ultra UX Theme Patcher" (which physically changes/replaces certain system files but allows you to restore original...