Windows 10: Theme settings page scrolling automatically to the top after selecting a Theme

Discus and support Theme settings page scrolling automatically to the top after selecting a Theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi, i have so many themes and i have a tall big list of themes i scroll down to change the theme and minimize to see how colors look on desktop i go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sinfulslave, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Theme settings page scrolling automatically to the top after selecting a Theme

hi, i have so many themes and i have a tall big list of themes i scroll down to change the theme and minimize to see how colors look on desktop i go back i found themes have scrolled to top i have to scroll down tens or hundreds theme to find where i stopped i wont remember every theme ! can microsoft fix that in an update or is there a fix for it

Theme settings page scrolling automatically to the top after selecting a Theme 55590c52-4d1b-46a8-a35a-beb74ee23d01?upload=true.png

***Original title: windows 10 themes scrolls up to first theme every change***

:)

sinfulslave, Nov 11, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Windows 10 Theme settings won't retain

Hi Alex,

Personalization includes your account's theme settings, desktop background, color and appearance, sounds, screen saver settings, desktop icon settings, mouse pointers, Notification Area Icons, and System Icons.

In Windows 10, the personalization settings are all moving to the Settings app. To access the setting app, here are the steps:

• On the Start Menu - select Settings (or in the Action Center - select All Settings)
    • In the Settings app - select Personalization
      • The Desktop Slideshow is available under Background
      • The Windows Color is under Colors
      • The Sounds can be reached through Themes - Advanced sound settings
    Once you begin to change the options, there will be an Unsaved Theme that you can rename.

As a workaround in creating a personal theme in windows 10, click on any theme under My Themes or Default Themes then press the Windows key and R (for Run) then enter control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper on the run line. The old Desktop
    Background screen will come up and you select Clear All then Browse. Select Pictures, scroll down to the ones you want to make a theme of, select the pictures then Save Changes. Click on Unsaved Theme to save it with the name of your choice and you have a
    new theme.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - How to install themes

Hi Rykel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

What error do you receive while trying to download themes?

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop screen and select
              Personalize.

• Select themes from the left side of the page.

• Next select Themes settings.

• Select Get more Themes online.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Theme settings page scrolling automatically to the top after selecting a Theme

Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Theme settings page scrolling automatically to the top after selecting a Theme

1. Theme settings page scrolling automatically to the top after selecting a Theme - Similar Threads - Theme settings page

2. Do themes override background selection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do themes override background selection: I have a weird problem that I cannot get my Win11 theme selection to stick. Whenever my system comes out of sleep mode or restarts my background image is reverted to an image from a theme that, according to my installed themes, doesn't even exist on my machine. Why does my...
  3. Settings theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings theme: Hello, This might not be the place, but just wanted to induce the idea through people who may, would one day pursue windows developers to do this. So, I wanted to post this a few years back, thought it'd be stupid thing to do, as devs will already be working on this, which...
  4. windows 10 themes scrolls up to first theme every change

windows 10 themes scrolls up to first theme every change: hi, i have so many themes and i have a tall big list of themes i scroll down to change the theme and minimize to see how colors look on desktop i go back i found themes have scrolled to top i have to scroll down tens or hundreds theme to find where i stopped i wont...
  5. Mouse and Theme settings

Mouse and Theme settings: There is both an administrator account (me) and a user account (my partner) on my Win 10 PC. Each account has its own mouse and theme settings. Starting about 2 months ago the settings don't hold and either the theme and mouse settings of one account become the settings for...
  6. Desk top themes

Desk top themes: Themes on windows seven allow you to change the picture starting with 10 seconds but in Windows 10 it starts with 1 minute. Is there a way I can change it to 10 seconds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top-themes/f5416f4c-69fa-4916-8644-f48959cb1247
  7. Select theme pictures-Desktop Background

Select theme pictures-Desktop Background: I can't find the lower panel in the Personalization view. The one where I can select or deselect pictures in a saved theme. I see it on my work desktop running Pro but not on a Home machine. Please don't tell me that's the reason, Home vs Pro? For something simple like...
  8. 'Themes Settings' Pops Up When Switching Themes

'Themes Settings' Pops Up When Switching Themes: I pinned to my start menu 2 shortcuts to 2 windows themes to easily switch between the 2 themes. But the problem is when I switch to a theme, the Themes Settings window pops up. I dont want that. How can I prevent that from popping up when I switch themes? 107220
  9. De-select individual images in themes

De-select individual images in themes: Hello, guys. I want to de-select some images in Windows 10 themes I downloaded from MS website. I remember I did this when I installed Win 10 many months ago. Now, after anniversary update, I can't figure it out how I made. I found another thread, where is a file to...
  10. Impossible select themes

Impossible select themes: Impossible select themes I have a big problem every time I go in option and after on themes, it opens the screen and closes immediately and I can not of course choose any theme I have windows 10 64 creator This is control panel on customizaton..no themes [img]...