Windows 10: Themes downloaded from Store unavailable under Personalization

Discus and support Themes downloaded from Store unavailable under Personalization in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I usually install themes from Store. Recently occurred the problem with it: when I get apps(in this case any theme), in Store it is supposed to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ElbeyiAskerov, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Themes downloaded from Store unavailable under Personalization

Hi. I usually install themes from Store. Recently occurred the problem with it: when I get apps(in this case any theme), in Store it is supposed to be installed and its(theme) status is owned. But when I go to the settings to apply this theme, I can't find in the list of the themes the theme I have already installed. I even found the default directory of themes but it is also empty

Title modified from: Personalization(List of Themes)***

Themes downloaded from Store unavailable under Personalization d841bba7-1e0d-443b-b680-9f9839061b64?upload=true.jpg Themes downloaded from Store unavailable under Personalization facbcfc9-c318-43f5-bfaf-ec0f443b2cf7?upload=true.jpg .

:)

ElbeyiAskerov, Jan 18, 2019

2. WindowsStore downloaded & installed theme not showing in Personalization-Themes

I downloaded & installed a theme from Windows Store then rebooted my pc. When I go to Personalization-Themes to set the theme as a slideshow for my background, it's not in the list of themes. The only place it shows up is as the Lock Screen background.
    Nowhere else. Not in my Start Menu, Personalization-Background, etc. Can anyone help me with how to set this? Much appreciated.

I'mF'nFedUp, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Corrupted Personalization Settings and themes

Hi Nkhondo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you check if the settings are disable in the registries of the PC.

• Press
      Windows+R
      and type gpedit.msc in the run command.

• In the window that appears, you can see the "Local Group Policy Editor" Window.

• In this step I want to Prevent Changing Theme file. You click on User Configuration sub-category Administrative Template sub-category Control Panel sub-category Personalization and click on the "Prevent
      Changing Theme
      ".
    User Configuration<< Administrative Template<< Control Panel<< Personalization

• In this step right-click on the "Prevent Changing Theme"and select the
      edit tab and click on the edit tab.

• In this step, if you click on the
      Enabled Button then you cannot change the Theme. You click on the Disable Button then you can change the Theme. You click on The Enable Button for Disabling the changing Theme or Prevent Changing Theme.

• In this step right-click on your Desktop and select the Personalize tab. In this tab you are unable to change the theme after disabling the changing of the theme or Prevent
      Changing Theme.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Themes downloaded from Store unavailable under Personalization

Downloading Themes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I would suggest you to download the themes from the following website:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/themes

Once you click on download, the file will get downloaded and you will get a prompt to open once download is completed. when you click on Open, a window will open which will directly take you to
    Control Panel>Personalization window where the theme will be listed which you had download.

Hope this information is helpful.

Yaqub K, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Themes downloaded from Store unavailable under Personalization

1. Themes downloaded from Store unavailable under Personalization - Similar Threads - Themes downloaded Store

2. Dark Theme Missing from Personalization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark Theme Missing from Personalization: I understand that Settings > Personalization > Colors should reveal a "Choose your color" but I don't have that option. Instead, I see the following:[unable to upload image]My first choice is to "Automatically pick an accent color from my background. I recently installed...
  3. Dark Theme Missing from Personalization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark Theme Missing from Personalization: I understand that Settings > Personalization > Colors should reveal a "Choose your color" but I don't have that option. Instead, I see the following:[unable to upload image]My first choice is to "Automatically pick an accent color from my background. I recently installed...
  4. Where are the themes downloaded from Microsoft store stored?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are the themes downloaded from Microsoft store stored?: I just downloaded the pride 2020 wallpapers slideshow and I wanted to know the location of the folder in which it is installed. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-the-themes-downloaded-from-microsoft/c42bbee0-00be-4759-9c45-c69fcac40524
  5. Question about downloading themes and appearing in the theme section of personalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about downloading themes and appearing in the theme section of personalization: I have downloaded themes from the store before but for some reason when I tried doing it today 10/13/2020 I was told it was downloaded successfully; but, for some reason it did not appear in the list of themes on the personalization page. I deleted it, re-downloaded it, and...
  6. Cant open themes settings under personalization

Cant open themes settings under personalization: Hello, yesterday i installed a new theme under Win 10, but now im not able to popen the themes settings anylonger ! When i click the themes button under the personalization settings for a short times a loading mouse pointer appers and then the settins app is being closed....
  7. Personalize the theme

Personalize the theme: Previous version of the windows 10 has a option to modify the background image of a theme. So I can easily get a mark on the image which I want on my background but in this version of windows I can't find it. Can anyone help me with that?...
  8. Downloaded Windows Themes doesn't appear in Personalization

Downloaded Windows Themes doesn't appear in Personalization: Hi, I have downloaded multiple Windows Themes from Microsoft Store and they don't show up in Personalisation. I can't even find them in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes. If i try to find them on search bar, i find something like this, saved in...
  9. Windows Store Themes not downloading.

Windows Store Themes not downloading.: When I click the "Get" button on a Windows theme in the store it very briefly say's "working.." before refreshing the page and not downloading the theme. Anyone else have this issue? Other apps seem to download normally. 109833
  10. Themes no longer easily found under personalize

Themes no longer easily found under personalize: I was trying to change my slide show of pictures as background theme. Now when I right click on the desktop , then click on personalize , I get a pop up that is different from what I had before. Now the theme selections are no longer displayed for easy selection . In its...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downloaded theme from store does not apply in personalisation