Windows 10: Themes no longer in control panel

Discus and support Themes no longer in control panel in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings! First, thank you for having a forum for helping those of us who can't leave anything alone. *Huh Now onto my query... I stupidly tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NanaSooshi, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Themes no longer in control panel

Greetings!

First, thank you for having a forum for helping those of us who can't leave anything alone. *Huh

Now onto my query... I stupidly tried to copy a theme file into Windows/Resources/Themes.

Following this idiotic act, my themes and display options no longer appear in the Control Panel.

I tried a system restore, but it could not complete the process.

How can I fix this please?

Thank you.
    - AKA Dingbat

:)

NanaSooshi, Jul 3, 2017

2. Control Panel no longer working in Windows 10https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-control-panel-not-working/e2654ef5-38e1-4fc6-9278-d8c8126f72ef

FWIW I think I would try some diagnosis and less disruptive repair ideas first.

For example, test whether your Win- key problem is due to your keyboard or whether the Win- key function is the problem by using the On-Screen Keyboard. E.g. Start... osk.exe

I think the OneDrive issue might only be a corrupted shortcut. So, we could try to find a different way to try to start OneDrive... So, when I do right-click Open Location I get (the equivalent of):

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Then right-click Properties on the OneDrive Shortcut in there shows its Target is (the equivalent of):

%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe

Try Launching it that way? It would be the equivalent of the shortcut but bypass the shortcut.

As for Google Chrome (or any other apps that are not working properly) I would first try to uninstall and reinstall (or Repair, if the app provides that option as an alternative when you try to uninstall it).

BTW thanks for the feedback. ; )

Good luck

Robert

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jul 3, 2017
  3. kab42 Win User
    Control Panel no longer working in Windows 10https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-control-panel-not-working/e2654ef5-38e1-4fc6-9278-d8c8126f72ef

Robert! You are awesome. Thank you. I am so relieved I can finally access Control Panel. I used to use right click to access RUN and did not know I could do so through Task Manager. Thank you so much!! Would you agree that my only solution to fix these
    oddities is to reinstall windows? I would appreciate your insight.

kab42, Jul 3, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Themes no longer in control panel

Brink, Jul 3, 2017
  5. Thank you Brink!

The files are excellent. I'm assuming it doesn't matter that I goofed up my Control Panel linkage then? I knew I could still get to the themes etc. right-clicking on my desktop. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't done any real harm. Since it appears to be "undoable". Yes?

NanaSooshi, Jul 4, 2017
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Themes are now created and accessed in settings>personalization

Themes no longer in control panel [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jul 4, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    NanaSooshi,

No worries. Theme settings opens in Settings instead of the Control Panel by default now as Cliff posted. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Themes no longer in control panel

1. Themes no longer in control panel - Similar Threads - Themes longer control

2. Nvidia control panel no longer controlling the handoff between integrated graphics and the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia control panel no longer controlling the handoff between integrated graphics and the...: Hardware: 2021 Razer Blade Advanced, RZ09-0409CED3; Nvidia RTX 3080Firmware/BIOS: 2.02 released 05/2022Windows Version: Win10 Home 21H2; OS Build 19044.2728Issue:The Nvidia Control panel used to automatically decide the GPU to use for various applications. Now it says Windows...
  3. Nvidia control panel no longer controlling the handoff between integrated graphics and the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia control panel no longer controlling the handoff between integrated graphics and the...: Hardware: 2021 Razer Blade Advanced, RZ09-0409CED3; Nvidia RTX 3080Firmware/BIOS: 2.02 released 05/2022Windows Version: Win10 Home 21H2; OS Build 19044.2728Issue:The Nvidia Control panel used to automatically decide the GPU to use for various applications. Now it says Windows...
  4. Does control panel in windows11 have a dark-theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does control panel in windows11 have a dark-theme: I just need to know if there is a dark theme for the control panel in windows11, if so may I know how to activate it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-control-panel-in-windows11-have-a-dark-theme/ba8f1218-3a8b-46cc-8d90-a7c680797512
  5. Does control panel in windows11 have a dark-theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does control panel in windows11 have a dark-theme: I just need to know if there is a dark theme for the control panel in windows11, if so may I know how to activate it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-control-panel-in-windows11-have-a-dark-theme/ba8f1218-3a8b-46cc-8d90-a7c680797512
  6. Cant find theme option in control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant find theme option in control panel: this is my control panel [ATTACH] after clicking on personalization option it shows this, where there is no option for theme [ATTACH] i also tried to search for word "theme" but then too.. cant find it [ATTACH]...
  7. The Theming is not working properly in the programs and features of the classic control panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Theming is not working properly in the programs and features of the classic control panel: The Theming is not working properly in the programs and features of classic control panel when turning on dark theme of explorer programs and features is illegible and inoperable due to not being able to read it This is the issue in the image below [ATTACH]...
  8. Install/Uninstall programs control panel dark theme problem

Install/Uninstall programs control panel dark theme problem: Hello.Yesterday, I updated my windows to 1903 version. Everything is up to date.I realise after turning to dark theme this problem. Everything is okay in dark theme even the file explorer, except this. It's very difficult to read the names of the programs. Is there any...
  9. Theme panel not present in Control Panel (Windows 10)

Theme panel not present in Control Panel (Windows 10): I've always been big on using themes on my Windows 10 computer, but recently I tried using my favorite theme (called Nocturnal), so I searched in the Windows 10 start menu for themes, normally I'd go to control panel, but since Microsoft is big on replacing CP with the...
  10. Latest update -- Control panel no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update -- Control panel no longer working: Hi there After latest update I find that Control Panel is no longer working --it starts (displays) and then locks up and then disappears after a few seconds. Is my system broken or is control panel now disabled )get to it via Right mouse from Windows start button)....